The pres kicked butt!!!

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral
Re: The pres kicked butt!!!

The USA was really caught sleeping on 9/11<br /><br />No one ever mentions the twin US embassy bombings in Africa, because the US media didnt really care about it. I was very aware because I was living overseas at the time and knew every US embassy was a target. I stayed away at all costs.<br /><br />Had the USA media talked about it more, the US people would have made it more of a priority, the pres might have made it more important, and maybe he would have been more vigilant in taking out Bin laden.<br /><br />Be honest guys, did any of you know who Bin laden was before 9/11. Did any of you know immediately who it was. I did, cause the foreign media made a big deal about it. He made those buildings his target once before, and then finshed the job.<br /><br />Again the idiot media blew it!!!! (Yea, I know, it sounds like BS, but a little part of me believes this.)<br /><br />But I dont really blame Clinton, beacause no one believed it would happen. I knew it was soo easy. Airline security before 9/11 was a 100% JOKE!!!<br /><br />Ken

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander

What astounds me is watching the analysis by the press after the event. From there reaction to his responses leaves me to wonder if they watched the same press confrence as I did. <br /><br />The perception that he is not very well spoken is bunk. He is very well spoken even off the cuff like lastnight. His image could be helped by delivery...but the words and thought processes are all there. It pains me to see him portrayed in this light, Oh well. I would still like to see more of the Governor Bush attitude and less of the reserved President Bush we get. Hopfully he will get his swagger back...I miss it.

boatingfool

Chief Petty Officer

I am serving in the Armed Services and I am currently in my 13th year of service.<br /><br />I am very proud of our president and can only pray he gets re-elected.<br />This is a man who absolutely believes in what he is doing is right. In his heart of hearts.<br /><br />But there was a point in the not so distant past that he really rubbed me the wrong way.<br /><br />He said something that REALLY bothered me.<br /><br />In his dinner with the press he made jokes about looking for WMD in his office. <br /><br />To joke about that was COMPLETELY out of line in my opinion.<br /><br />I am willing to cut him a break on the fact that we have not found any WMDs in Iraq.<br /><br />I believe that he, along with everyone else, thought they were there.<br /><br />But he sent people to their deaths looking for those WMDs and to make jokes about the fact we havent found any was WAY out of line!!

Carphunter

Commander

Snapper, <br />When your in the most powerful position in the world, your personal actions should be under the microscope. A mans personal actions tells you a lot about him, don't ya think?<br /> I don't think a President is focused on the job at hand if hes got "Didlin" with the interns on his mind. ;) <br /><br />Heck, Clinton spent 8 years cutting our military spending. :confused: That wasn't very smart.<br /><br />Maybe instead of messing around with the interns, Clinton should have focused on terrorism, and just maybe, 9/11 could have been avoided. I believe they had Osama four times during the Clinton era. Kinda wierd, ain't it?<br /><br />Presidents do make mistakes. Bush has made some mistakes. What Clinton did though should have got him impeached.<br />........so for arguements sake, lets don't compare the two, 'cause there ain't no comparison.

11 footer

Lieutenant

Not only should Clinton have been impeached, but thown in jail. If anyone else lied under oath we'd go o jail, why didn't he?<br /><br />He dosn't get any of a blame for 911, and should. Bush was only in office for a short time with it happend, I think it was something like 8months. They planned that attack for years its more Clintons falt then Bush, he was in office while they where planing the whole thing, and Bush had to deal with it. Clinton is a POS as a president and a person, may he burn in hell. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

KennyKenCan

Commander

Hey,<br /><br />Where was the Congressional Inquisition for Clinton, when the WTC was bombed back in '93?<br /><br />Had there been one, September 11th would have never happened!!!!!<br /><br />Maybe all of Congress should put in front of the 9/11 Commision to answer why there was no investigation then!!

SCO

Lieutenant

Dont Suger coat it Ryan (ref Butch Cassidy, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance kid)

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Carpy.. Without trying to sling mud, I would say you are correct when you state "A mans personal actions tells you a lot about him, don't ya think?"....<br /><br />Granted, Bush has covered his tracks very well so far in his first 4 years, but have you looked into Bush's past, specifically his admitted drug and alcohol abuse? I doubt you'd argue that these were good decisions on his part.. This is the main reason why I have to seriously question his decision making abillity...

plywoody

Senior Chief Petty Officer

You guys missed me when I was away, I can tell!<br /><br />The really good thing about Bush's press conference is that every time he speaks, his polling numbers go down. So I only hope that if he keeps doing what he's doing, and following the absurd advice he keeps getting, he keeps telling us all about it.<br /><br />Perhaps then we can finally get rid of him.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by plywoody:<br />You guys missed me when I was away, I can tell!<br /><br />The really good thing about Bush's press conference is that every time he speaks, his polling numbers go down. So I only hope that if he keeps doing what he's doing, and following the absurd advice he keeps getting, he keeps telling us all about it.<br /><br />Perhaps then we can finally get rid of him.
Sorry plywood, you will have him for 4 more years.<br />Sad, real sad, more negative stuff. :(