The Fishermans Arm's

needadrink

Seaman
Re: The Fishermans Arm's

Well me and the wife spent a very pleasant day on Sunday we just cruised up the river with a close friend and his wife, took a barbecue lunch, a bottle of fine Australian red wine and a light rod and reel. <br />The fishing wasn’t the best just caught a few small Bream but still had a ball.<br />Life good when your having fun.<br /><br />It seems that our friend Bin Laden has gotten a trifle upset with us Aussie’s and wants his followers to start a terror campaign over here. <br />I wish him the best of luck because if the Aussie troops get hold of him he will wish they would just finish him off (mean mothers us Aussie’s).<br />How are you guys holding up with this anthrax dust being found all over the place?<br />Hope none of your family and friends has been in contact with it.<br />Just goes to show what a weak son of a ***** he really is doesn’t it. <br /><br />Anyway enough said he will meet his Waterloo just like the rest of the other would be leaders in history.<br /><br />Come-on Aussie Come-on.<br /> :p

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Hurricane Michelle has cramped my style. Nothin to do but sit here and
beer.gif

needadrink

Seaman

Like your style 12 if the wind and rain get you wet outside you may as well let the beer get you wet inside. <br />Were did you get the glass from as I would give my right for one like that as long as the beer is cold that is. :D

needadrink

Seaman

Hay 12Footer were you getting all these funky little icons, it sure brightens up your post and must raise a smile form others, or is it that I just have a strange sense of humour. :cool:

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I like your sense of humor, Need...., and I like 12Footers li'l images.<br /><br />Where can one get some of those files, 12Footer? A few months back a fellow boater put one in a post that had Calvin and Hobbes dancing all over the page. I was charmed, but never able to find out how to do that.<br /><br />Suffering sticker shock this AM. Getting prices on replacement hardware, cushions, etc. for this Boston Whaler Outrage 18 that I have set out to restore. I may end up not replacing a lot of stuff that still works but doesn't look great any more. Dang! Cushions for one seat. . . more than West gets for a seat, pedestal and cushions.<br /><br />Well, back to the hull smoothing.<br /><br />Red sky at night. . . <br />JB :)

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Oy..That's the only thing I don't like about the BWs, JB. They have a row of brand new BWs lined-up downtown at the boat show (till the end of this weekend). They got 6 city blocks fenced-off, and some dood with a straw hat and one of them change-o-matic thingys on his waist ...8BUKZ to get in!!!<br />I got in for free, just drove my city truck in there, and said "City buisness" as I passed the ticket guy LOL..<br /><br />They got my 2nd most favoritest boat ramp blocked-off completely,and boats lining the ramp,both sides. Oh well, NICE BOATS!!!<br />They had a whaler with twin yammie 4strokers on it. I shed a tear or two,and left.<br />Anyhoo, if you guys want to post pics, it's easy and comes in handy,when words don't quite do it.<br /><br />First, brackets [ these things ] can't be used in the explaination (you would get a picture instead of a "how-2".).<br />So I'll replace brakets with exclamation points..<br />Second; You need a place to get pics from. A web-hosting site is great, because you can upload your own pics,then you type in the "majic line" to insert them.<br /><br />The little beer icon is found at http://130.94.169.148/vbulletin/images/smilies/beer.gif <br /><br />So a picture would be ;<br /><br />!img!http yadayadayada.gif!/img!<br /><br /><br />to post his mug up there as opposed to the link, type it in like it is with !img! before the link. Then !/img! after the link.<br />Remeber, use brackets instead of exclamation points, and it will get the pic..Like this;<br /> //130.94.169.148/vbulletin/images/smilies/beer.gif <br /><br />Now, here is a nice place for FREE animated gifs..........<br /> http://animatedgif.net/ <br /><br />This is a nice FREE web hosting spot that is right up our alley (yer gonna like this place).<br /> http://fishingworks.com/<br />Good luck.

needadrink

Seaman

Good-on-ya 12Footer these look like some great sites and thanks for the info on how to add pics I am going to give it a go right now.<br /> <br />
chsharkan2_e0.gif
<br />I have joined fishingworks.com and will play around with it over the weekend if I get a chance. The wether forecast is for sunshine and temps in the high 20’s to low 30’s centigrade just right for fishing if I can sneak out without the boss seeing me. But she who must be obeyed has a list of work made up for me around the house so the chances are not very good. :( <br /> <br />Yes I must be thick as you see it didn't work <br /> :eek:

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

No worries,mate. You came so close. You did everything right,except you only used the one bracket [ THAT one.<br />You need to open it with that one [ then close it with this one ]....around ecah "img".<br /><br />{img}HTTP yadayada.org/piture.gif(/img}<br />Like that, only use brackets instead of perenthases.<br />Try it again,you get it.<br />You were so close.

needadrink

Seaman

Thank 12Footer it must be true you can teach an old dog new tricks.<br /><br />JB give it a go if I can pick it up anyone can.<br /><br />By the way I was right the wife has got me working around the house and all I can do is dream about the one that got away.
chsharkan2_e0.gif

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Good onya!!!<br />That deserves a round! :)
beer.gif
<br /><br />
beer.gif
<br /> :)
beer.gif
<br /><br />PS; The 2 that aren't drinkin are designated drivers

needadrink

Seaman

G’day all I have been playing with the web page that 12Footer recommended "fishing works" and hopefully have put a photo of my boat on the web.<br />
comp6_e0.gif

needadrink

Seaman

Give the man a coconut it actually worked I must be getting better at this COMPUTER business.
kmhulapalm_e0.gif
<br /><br />If you’re interested click on my home page icon and have a look.

needadrink

Seaman

To all you guys State side sorry to hear about the plane crash yesterday.<br /> <br />Our harts and pray’s go out to you. <br />Although it’s no consolation I hope it was just an accident and not another a terrorist attack.<br /><br />Once again please accept our condolences and May your God be with you.<br />
usa_gm_e0.gif
australia_wm_e0.gif

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

It sure is a crazy mixed up planet,NDARNK.<br />But together there will some good come of this. Less terrorism globally,and safer air travel to name two.

needadrink

Seaman

G’day 12Footer<br />You’re probably right but it’s a high price to pay don't you think.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Way too high. But it happened. Now,we all have to go forward,and kick some terrorist booty.<br />While I'm typin at ya, I got that carb bowl back on (allways carry some tools with me).<br />I'd have much rather realised it was loose at home than in the channel tho.<br />It only took a couple minutes, and I was underway again. But I had to run with the bonnet off because of all the fuel in the cowling.<br /><br />
hooked.gif

JB

Ahoy, Mates! Hey, 12Footer. What do you suggest I do with this big Yammy V4? It aint froze, I can nudge it through a couple of times and then spin it with the starter. Leave it for a couple of days, though, and it needs to be nudged again.<br /><br />I had a gent who was going to take it to his wrench to overhaul, but the deal on the boat he was going to put it on fell through.<br /><br />I don't want to use it on the Outrage and I don't want to throw it away. I don't want to take the time to part it out to sell on ebay, either. Got any ideas??<br /><br />G'day, Needadrink! Thought about you as I savored a small Chivas last night. MMMMM! Good stuff! I guess it is good that it is so costly. I could get in the habit if I wasn't such a skinflint.<br /><br />Red sky at night. . .<br />JB :)

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

I can relate..Forgot what Chivas tastes like.<br /><br />You could allways sell that puppy as is on Ebay, JB. Take a pic of it,be honest in your explanation, and somebody like us will give you at least a 200 in an auction.<br />I'd LOVE to monkey with it myself, but you're there, I'm here, and the ol back wouldn't be able to lift it..I'll have to eat my weaties.<br />I forgot...What did you end up getting to power that Outrage with?<br />
sprite10.gif

JB

I haven't gotten new power yet, 12Footer. I think I'll wait until the Suzi DF140 is available, then try to get a superdeal on a used F115 Yammy, DF115 Suzi or 115 or 130 Honda. I think they will start becoming available pretty soon and come down in price, too. I got an advance quote on a new DF140 of about $9200, which seems to me a very good price. I also found a pair of F115 Yammys, used, for $10,700. The problem there is that the guy will sell me the left rotating engine for $5350 but I have to buy them both to get the right turning engine.<br /><br />I also have my eye on an '89 Yammy 150 on ebay that might be available as low as $3500, but I just know I would swap it for a 4 stroke before a year is out.<br /><br />I'm not sweating that, though. I have a winter worth of work I can do on the boat before I am ready to get it wet.<br /><br />I'll consider putting the 130 on ebay. That leg should be worth 5 or 6 bills, and the SS prop another couple. I just don't want to get diverted from the boat. If I start tearing into that engine, I wont quit until I have it running. What would you do with it if you had it?<br /><br />Red sky at night. . .<br />JB :)

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

I know what u mean about starting and finising. I'm the same way. I'd probably not rest until it was running like a top. But then,that's the whole fun of it.