TwoWatt

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: The Fishermans Arm's

86rinker.jpg
<br />yippie. i did it. :)

needadrink

Seaman

G’day TwoWatt<br />Nice looking boat you got there. What are you drinking the first ones always on me.<br />Tell us a bit about yourself were you come from, were you fish eg.<br /><br />Hay JB I have to slum it for a bit ran out of Chivas and had to open a bottle of Glenfiddich. Still what the hell after the first there or four you get used to it hic!!<br /><br />Good to hear that the carb didn’t keep out of action 12Footer. I’m the same as you I always keep a full set of tools on board and a tow rope just in case. <br /> :rolleyes:

TwoWatt

Petty Officer 1st Class

Not my boat---yet, just testing to see how to post a picture. (see the boating forum for my post about this boat) I doubt i will buy it but it sure is a nice looking boat :)

needadrink

Seaman

As the conversation seems to have dried up I took the time to do a bit more to my home page have a look and let me know what you think. :eek:

hey yall im here just passing by ! ill take a shot of jd (jack daniels) u wont see me sitting around sipping a mug" getting full give me a shot! save the drinking and pissing im about to go outside and and start work on my floor board and see what i find underneath? i have a new project boat but it doesnt need much work on anything else just the floor? you guys have a good day.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

K, Polo. Letuce no how it looks under the decking. I for one, am curious.

needadrink

Seaman

Me too.<br /><br />Don't take the bottle with you or you might not get a lot done.<br /> ;) <br /><br />Spent a few hours this morning putting my crayfish pots in for the first time this season. Hope I do better this year than last, and that won’t be hard, as I didn’t get a single cray last season.<br /> :(

hey well bad news guys the day i was going to pull up my floor, well it started to rain a little then alot , so i let it dry out for a few days now its raining again. so im pretty bummed ill take another jd! guys around on me ;)

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Hey, Polo, I hear you. If it will make you feel any better, it SNOWED here yesterday! Right here in by Gawd TEXAS. And, of course I had both boats out of the shed and without their covers. <br /><br />Say, Mate! A rusty nail over here, straight up and room temperature. Now Mr. 12Footer, Sir, tell me more about those Caloosahatchie bass.<br /><br />Red sky at night. . .<br />JB :)

needadrink

Seaman

Seems like bad wether all round it has gone cold over here and we had a bit of a storm on Friday. I haven’t been able to get out and check my Cray pots since I put them down which is a pane in the butt.<br /> <br />The temperature has drop to a cold 23 degrees C so the best place is by the bar, must be my shout! Name your poison. <br /><br />Yes 12Footer, like JB says tell us more about these bass were all ears.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Well, gents, I guess I should be the one buying the rounds today...WE had the same weather Polo is now experiancing 3 months ago, and FOR 3 MONTHS...Rain every day,temps in the mid-90Fs ,humidity up there in the ozone...Skeeters so thick, They'd drink "Deep Woods Off'!!!<br /><br />And to top the whole thing off, much like a grand finale' , a Tropical Storm that did millions in storm-surge damage.<br />But, gent's, I wish you were here now. It has't rained in over a week,60's at night, low to mid-80's durrng the day. THE Absolutely best day of 2001 (wether-wise),was last night. A full moon,lighting-up the channel markers,boat ran flawlessly...<br />But,As the old sayin goes, mates, "God has a sense of houmor". I was in unfamiliar waters,so concentrating on navigation was destracting. I even got lost for about 20 minutes.The fish were hiding, I know not where...But charts and sealife aside, I had a good night on the water. And to top it all off, I found a great new bait and tackle shop with a RAMP right next to it!! 5buk fee, but what a spot!! The owner says he opened up 3 weeks ago, but the ramp has allways been there. I passed that ramp for twenty YEARS, not knowing of it's existance, because the place used to be a run-down gay bar...<br />But, I plan on 2 months of excellent weather about this time of year,and plan a vacation in there somewhere. This year, it's the last week in December. Come on down, and we will try Boca Grande Pass for some night fishin.<br /><br />
anglish.jpg

needadrink

Seaman

Hi 12 mate <br />I would love to come over and spend some time fishing and boating, but unfortunately I’m a bit pressed for time at present. <br />The boss’s dad rang from the UK last night to say that him and the mother-in-law will be over in January so I have to get the house up together, all work and no play.<br /><br />Sounds like you had a good trip last time out. The weather is starting to get warmer here but we had a cold couple of days this last week.<br />The 1st of December is the official start of our summer so the hot weather is just around the corner. I always love this time of year as you can get out and about and know it will be fine for the next 3 or 4 months.<br /><br />Anyway it’s getting late! time for bed catch you next time your in for a drink. <br /> ;)

needadrink

Seaman

mxmas_e0.gif
<br /><br />My computer is going in for an upgrade this weekend so just in case I don't get it back before Xmas I would like to wish you all the best for the festive season.<br /><br />Hope next year will see peace on earth and good will to all.<br /><br />needadrink<br />
santa_e0.gif

needadrink

Seaman

G’day all<br />I though it was time I got back at the computer and said hi!<br />It’s been a bit hectic over here the last few months but it’s now starting to slow down a little.<br />The wife and I went too Tasmania for a couple of weeks for a holiday didn’t get to do any fishing but from what I saw I will be going back on my own for a fishing holiday.<br />The rivers over there seem to be running alive with big trout a fly fishers paradise. <br />The crayfish season here is just about over so I have pulled my pots in for the winter months just as well I didn’t get many this year.<br />It’s now the best time to sit in the boat with a rod in one hand and a cup of coffee in the other and hope some big snapper come swimming by.<br />Hope to chat to you guys soon.<br />See ya <br />needadrink :)

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Glad to see ya check in,Needa :D <br />We have been lazy here, both at werk, and at the house.<br />We got done with the tile werk,and it looks great.<br />We haven't been fishing since March 28th.<br />Too hot, too lazy, and my nephew's stock car racing has me really preoccupied. He is really doing great, but the competition is cut throat. So we spend alotta time at the track and garage till Saturday night. He then races his guts out, and iether wins, or walls it.<br />But he amazes me. He can really drive that thing, and I think he found something he excells at.<br />The entire clan is VERY proud of him,(as you may have already guessed).<br />16 months, and I retire! I can't wait. My grandson (and his mom) moved a tad bit closer, so we are seeing him a bit more....But it's just too hot to fish.<br />Other than the above, 12Footer's place is about the same.

needadrink

Seaman

Hi 12<br />Wish I had time to be lazy you lucky old devil my wife keeps finding me moor and moor to do at home, the next thing she has planned for me is to lay a new floor through most of the house.<br />We have carpet throughout at present but it’s showing it’s age so I have to do something with it and a new timber floor would look so much better and be easier for her to keep clean.<br />As for retiring I still have at least 10 years to do before I can even think of giving up work unless I win the lotteries and I don’t hold out much hope of that. <br />Sounds like you and your nephew have quite a lot of fun with the stock cars. We have a speedway track close to were we live were they race cars and motor bikes, it also has a drag strip, but it’s not a sport I’ve been able to get into myself to noisy for me. I hope he dose well and who knows he may get a chance to come over and represent the U.S of A here in Perth as we often get your fellow country men over here racing.<br />At present we have 3 ships from the U.S navy here they are on their way home after a tour of duty in the Middle East.<br />The weather here is still quite good a bit of rain now and then but the temperature is still in the high 20’s and not to much wind just nice for boating.<br />Anyway better get to bed got a lot on in the morning will keep in touch.<br />needadrink <br /> :)

D

DJ

needadrink,<br /><br />You need to clarify that you're talking Cel. Temp. when you mention 20's. 20's to us yanks means "real hard" water! :D

needadrink

Seaman

:confused: Sorry djohns19 I forget you Yank’s still work in Fahrenheit instead of Centigrade.<br />Between 75° to 85° Fahrenheit is high 20’s Centigrade to us Aussie’s and today it’s a very nice 75°F clear skies and no wind.<br />Hope that helps clear up my little blooper.<br />All the best <br />needadrink

ebbtide176

Commander

i tried to mentally do the calculations of the 9/5 or 5/9 but gave up. the 75F means it is perfect! catch a big fish!

D

DJ

needadrink,<br /><br />What do you mean us yanks "still" work in Fahrenheit? :p <br /><br />Don't you guys "still" drive on the wrong side of the road? :D