Tell us what offends you most!!

spratt

Lieutenant
Re: Tell us what offends you most!!

Originally posted by Fly Rod:<br /> :) What offends me the most is some jerk using vulcarity in a coffee; restaurant or some other public place, but yet is a "Church Mouse" !!! when he is in the company of his Wife; girl friend or kids and has no respect for others when he or she are by them selves!!!<br /><br />Don't get me wrong, I'm no angel!!!! There is a time and place for that kind of talk, men amongest men or women amongest women!!!<br /><br />Point: Friend using the "F" word in conversation, in coffee shop with women and children!! I ask him would you use that word if your wife was here!!!<br />ANswer: No!!!!<br /><br />And don't give me the freedom of speech spail or it's in the dictionary!!! ;) :cool:
My ex-neighbor was like that!!! He would stand out in front of his apartment (in very good hearing of my apartment) and I kid you not it was like every other word was "f--- this" or "F--- that" and it would go on for hours when some of his friends were over...they all talked like that!!! I would actually have to go out and tell them that my granddaughters could hear their language and I didn't appreciate it...they did, to their credit, ALWAYS tone it down, but next time they got together it was the same old thing...I have never been so glad to see someone move away!!!!!

dsrchamp04

Petty Officer 3rd Class

people who buy foreign junk. i just love listening too all the justifications... :mad: :mad: :mad:

FlyBoyMark

Ensign

only one thing offends me...<br />AND THATS NOT BEING ABLE TO GO FISHING!!!!!!!! :D :D :cool:

cbnoodles

Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by jinx:<br /> My son quotes a line from a movie he saw:<br /><br />"The one thing I can't stand is intolerance. And, those D*** Dutch!"
LOL - That's Austin Powers' Father, Nigel Powers (Michael Caine) in Goldmember. He says:<br /><br />"There are two kinds of people in the world that I can't stand: those who are intolerant of other peoples' culture,...and the Dutch!"

cbnoodles

Chief Petty Officer

Here's one:<br /><br />At work, I often run into "Not Invented Here Syndrome". That is when you have a good idea or suggestion that your boss puts down as stupid or of no use. Mysteriously, it surfaces several months later as his/her idea and is the greatest thing since sliced bread.<br /><br />This is doubly offensive because you not only don't get credit for it but the numbskull who does it takes the credit and rewards for having done "such a fine job". GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Professor, easy cure for that. Put your ideas in an e-mail to the boss and then save it.<br /><br />He shoots down your idea in a meeting, send hima follow up e-mail explaining that he should consider it again.<br /><br />WHen he steals it, you can show him the evidence.<br /><br />But, then, it might get you fired.<br /><br />I do it with coworkers and it prevents "idea" theft.<br /><br />Ken

ebbtide176

Commander

people who never apologize, or admit it when they're proven wrong.<br /><br />reverse discrimination<br /><br />people with a hatred for the USofA<br /><br />(i guess that's it.... oh yeah)<br />cinnamon flavored gum :D

KaGee

Admiral

Originally posted by ebb:<br /> people who never apologize, or admit it when they're proven wrong.<br />
I'm sorry ebb, I thought I made a mistake and was wrong, but I was mistaken about that. :p <br /><br /> :D :D

NYMINUTE

Captain

Originally posted by KaGee:<br />
Originally posted by ebb:<br /> people who never apologize, or admit it when they're proven wrong.<br />
I'm sorry ebb, I thought I made a mistake and was wrong, but I was mistaken about that. :p <br /><br /> :D :D
After further review: The original mistake was found to be no mistake was made, however the allegation a mistake was committed is a mistake in it self, thus confirming that is a mistake to rule a mistake. "First Down"

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by jtexas:<br /> Theory: you can't really be offended by a person whose opinion is irrelevant to you. Insulted maybe.
I got it backwards - you can be offended by the jerk whom you've never met, smoking and using profanity during a Disney movie; the names he calls you as the cops are dragging him out the door just roll off your back....<br /><br />Sorry if that offends anybody - and I mean "sorry" as in an expression of sympathy, not an apology!

KaGee

Admiral

Originally posted by NYMINUTE:<br /> After further review..."First Down"
512.gif
<br />Gee, I didn't see that... who threw the flag?? :D

NYMINUTE

Captain

Originally posted by KaGee:<br />
Originally posted by NYMINUTE:<br /> After further review..."First Down"
512.gif
<br />Gee, I didn't see that... who threw the flag?? :D
He did......is there a Problem???????????????????? <br /> We need a referee here too.
210.gif

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

Special interest/minority groups who try to force their agenda on the masses.

Mr.Ladyfish

Master Chief Petty Officer

really large women in hot pants and a halter top
I'd have to add swimsuits to the above statement.<br />I drive the beachfont everyday. Somedays it's beautiful, other days I see things that make me want to poke my eyes out.

sangerwaker

Commander

MY, I don't find that offensive at all. I find that GROSS! Thanks for the visual. I need to go poke my minds eye out now!<br /><br />EDIT-looks like Mr LF and I posted similarly at the same time!

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

women with moles on their face with long hairs<br />growing out so it looks like a flippin spider...

NYMINUTE

Captain

Originally posted by mellowyellow:<br /> women with moles on their face with long hairs<br />growing out so it looks like a flippin spider...
Thanx MY, do you have a towel? I just tossed lunch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
eck07.gif

lakelivin

Lieutenant Junior Grade

People who persist in lying about something so obvious it's an insult to your intelligence.

Tinkerer

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by Elmer Fudge:<br /> What offends me most is unadulterated bigotry.
Given the importance of equal opportunity laws in the modern world, I think you should also disapprove of bigotry by adulterers.<br /><br />Personally, I'm not even offended by adulterers, unless they're adulterating my wife. Or my beer, but not necessarily in that order.