Tell us what offends you most!!

jtexas

Fleet Admiral
Re: Tell us what offends you most!!

Hey OB, no need to get defensive! :) <br /><br />Nothing offends like a good defense! Or is it the other way round? The best defense is offensive?<br /><br />How many of you said you don't get offended but really you do get offended just tolerate it well & get over it without holding a grudge? Or maybe you do hold a grudge but don't talk about it? think about it...<br /><br />Theory: you can't really be offended by a person whose opinion is irrelevant to you. Insulted maybe. What's the difference between insulted and offended anyway?

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

jtexas you make a good point. When someone I dont care about says soemthing stupid, it doesnt bother me. I consider the source.<br /><br />Like the kid in fifth grade that said your mama is fat. Who cares what he says. That kept me out of a lot of fights.<br /><br />I only care about the opinions of those that are near me.<br /><br />Ken

JamesCoste

Chief Petty Officer

I am offended by people who don't park their vehicle in the middle of their spot. They either hug one line of the other making it difficult to get out of your vehicle. <br /><br />Also, people who "make up" their own parking spot by parking wherever they want instead of parking in a lot further from work when all the spots are taken.<br /><br />I don't like people who ask for your advice, you give it, they do the exact opposite and then they complain to you when they put themselves in a bad spot.<br /><br />I don't like people who throw lit cigarettes out of their cars.<br /><br />I don't like when people allow their kids to go unbuckled in their cars because they are too lazy to buckle them down.<br /><br />I can't stand parents who don't discipline their children, yet they are so frustrated because little Jimmy won't listen.<br /><br />I can't stand when people give their children the count of "3", for instance, to obey them. They are training them to not listen to them until you get to 2 1/2 or something. On the same note, when your kids don't listen to you until you yell, well, whose fault is that? Duh. <br /><br />I don't like people who think they know how others should raise their kids. :eek: (me)<br /><br />Other than that, nothing bothers me. :D

ob

Admiral

Originally posted by KaGee:<br />
Originally posted by NYMINUTE:<br /> Thank you for not breathing while I .........................
Alright that does it! Now I'm realy offended!
36_1_28.gif
<br /><br /><br />JK!
:D :D <br /><br />I like that snarling face.iboats needs to adopt that one.<br /><br />On a more peacekeeping note.I think NYM is just offended by people smoking that have big yellow heads that raise their brow.I am also extremely offended by these people. :) <br />Sorry if I offended anyone that fits that description. :D

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

hello<br /> nothing really offends me. most of it is horseshoot hype. I shovel a wheel barrow of that everyday. the gay marrige issue is rather stupid. it should have occupied about 10 minutes in legislature.by marriage it gives a connotation of a religous backing, by civil union it gives a legal status. can the homos screw it up anyworse then the hetros? I really doubt it. I have many Gay and lesbian customers. on place had 3 "couples" and 7 boats. the matriachal figgure asked me if I had any problems dealing with alternative life styles.<br /> all I asked was the payment in cash and was I going to be subjected to any passes. his reply was yes and no:). so nothing much really offends me :) <br /> life is good

Twidget

Commander

I can't stand parents who don't discipline their children, yet they are so frustrated because little Jimmy won't listen.<br />
Im right there with you on that one. There werent enough coaches for my 3rd graders basketball league, so I volunteered. I have this parent thats kid it out of control. First she calls the church and complains that I am too hard on the kids. Last night, she chews my butt because her kid is climbing the walls. I was too tough making him park it for 5 minutes, now Im too lax. :mad: Some kids parents...

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

I'm pretty thick-skinned. But if you want to really offend me;<br /><br />Call me, or compare me to a nazi.<br /><br />Tell me you "support the troops, but are against the war" (and please, do not try me, because i'm serious as a heart attack here).<br /><br />Tell me I have no right to worship God.<br />That's about it.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Not much really offends me except people acting in an rude or hateful manner toward others.<br /><br />Now, that said, there are behaviors that are not allowed on this board. I will act as though they offend me because they offend the rules.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Originally posted by 12Footer:<br /> I'm pretty thick-skinned. But if you want to really offend me;<br /><br />Call me, or compare me to a nazi.<br /><br />Tell me you "support the troops, but are against the war" (and please, do not try me, because i'm serious as a heart attack here).<br /><br />Tell me I have no right to worship God.<br />That's about it.
Spot on 12'er. 'nuff said.

Stumpknocker

Senior Chief Petty Officer

People tossing face plugs out of the windows of their cars, onto sidewalks, anywhere but where they belong. Disgusting, causes fires and it is illegal.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Smarta$$ answers to serious questions tend to get my blood pumping. Not this thread (there is nothing serious in DC ;) ).<br /><br />Ken

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Being spoken to in spanish... :mad: <br /><br />Being told "you should learn to speak spanish.".
27.gif

bubbakat

Captain

Well I ain't never::: Well maybe a couple times,<br />But I am ,I am,I AM well I don't what I yam.<br /><br />But if you make a comment I will be offended. :D :D

SpinnerBait_Nut

Originally posted by snapperbait:<br /> Being spoken to in spanish... :mad: <br /><br />Being told "you should learn to speak spanish.".
27.gif
Hola Me llamo SBN

SpinnerBait_Nut

Originally posted by snapperbait:<br /> oh.. SNB's a comedian... :p :p
Si la sierva que te sirve, no te sirve como sierva, de que sirve que te sirvas de una sierva que no sirve.

fixin

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Not much offends me, except for people .Most animals are O.K.... Fish and birds I like...<br />Yep.....just people :D

TilliamWe

Banned

The only thing that offends me is being called stupid (because it's not true).<br /><br />Pet Peeves are a totally different thread!

Fly Rod

Commander

:) What offends me the most is some jerk using vulcarity in a coffee; restaurant or some other public place, but yet is a "Church Mouse" !!! when he is in the company of his Wife; girl friend or kids and has no respect for others when he or she are by them selves!!!<br /><br />Don't get me wrong, I'm no angel!!!! There is a time and place for that kind of talk, men amongest men or women amongest women!!!<br /><br />Point: Friend using the "F" word in conversation, in coffee shop with women and children!! I ask him would you use that word if your wife was here!!!<br />ANswer: No!!!!<br /><br />And don't give me the freedom of speech spail or it's in the dictionary!!! ;) :cool:

Parrott_head

Chief Petty Officer

Those that put their self interests or convienence ahead of everyone else's regardless of the consequences it may cause others.<br /><br />Plain rude behaivor.