Starcraft on C-list/ebay!

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
21' Holiday OUTBOARD $1500

01111_hbUMpI7YY9Oz_0t20CI_600x450.jpg

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
i can never find the are here on the forum for specs. Can anyone point me there? I'm talking with the guy in minneapolis on the 18' mariner. He sure sounds like he knows boats which is always good plus forgot I have a friend in the city so a three day trip to grab it after he buys it would be in the offing. Do want to check weights tho. I don't mind going over a couple hundred lbs locally but not on a 950 mile trip. I think I remember that size boat was 900, but need to check motor (50 merc) and trailer (shorelander roller)

Last edited:

MNhunter1

Ensign
i can never find the are here on the forum for specs. Can anyone point me there? I'm talking with the guy in minneapolis on the 18' mariner. He sure sounds like he knows boats which is always good plus forgot I have a friend in the city so a three day trip to grab it after he buys it would be in the offing. Do want to check weights tho. I don't mind going over a couple hundred lbs locally but not on a 950 mile trip. I think I remember that size boat was 900, but need to check motor (50 merc) and trailer (shorelander roller)

I've got most of the MR/Mariner specs saved as well. If you know the year, I can see what I've got.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
1982 MR18
length 18ā€™1ā€
transom width 73ā€
Interior ā€œfreeboardā€ 24ā€
Max HP 115
Dry Weight 705 #
Add motor, bimini, battery, and fuel +275 #
And another 500 # for the trailer

Total 1480 #

Throw in your gear, anchor, cooler, spare tire, and you should still be under 1800.

Last edited:

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Thanks everyone, that all works out to the math i thought I remembered doing a year or so ago.

Looks pretty original, states floor getting soft so at least he seems to be honest.

Wish me luck. Never driven that far north. I've only been as far as Milwaukee.

DLNorth

Chief Petty Officer
Are you going for the one in Mpls (Forest Lake)? If so, expect some rain Fri and Sat. Currently been in 80's but they are saying 70's for the weekend. We are about 6 1/2 hrs from Chicago, easy drive, once you cross the river between Wis/MN, it's only about 45 minutes to Forest lake.

Last edited:

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Are you going for the one in Mpls (Forest Lake)? If so, expect some rain Fri and Sat. Currently been in 80's but they are saying 70's for the weekend. We are about 6 1/2 hrs from Chicago, easy drive, once you cross the river between Wis/MN, it's only about 45 minutes to Forest lake.
yes, that one.
my BIL is going to look at and grab if it looks good. I'll be a month or two until I can run up there.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Well, BIL is driving up to look at tomorrow. He's not a boater as an adult but dad was when he was growing up so I'm pretty comfortable. If it deserves it I'll make an offer after letting him stew for a few days.

Then, logistics...

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Deal on the 18 progressing. BIL went to look at. We did video and started it up (verified cold motor) and it didn't quite make it the first go but did on second. Did not put in water but did shift into forward and reverse. He spoke about a couple rivets he did 5200 on and he says after an hour or so of running it will pump water but so did my Lone Star so not too worried about that.

Soft spot on floor is small and i'll keep in the barn so got a couple few years on that.

Didn't notice any extra holes drilled and overall looks like a pretty intact original '82.

Family gathering up in Des Moines this weekend for brothers 50th so BIL will talk more and if it feels like we should do it and its still there, I will.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
sounds good, thanks for having him check it out for me.
i should be there by noon, and have her in MY garage by 5. :)

then i
I'll have an '81 and an '82.