Starcraft on C-list/ebay!

BWR1953

Vice Admiral

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
well, he said he would pull off motor so PM me for some logistics.
I have to run down there near him to pick up some supplies, only about 5 or 6 miles from him, so no problem there. Just waiting to hear back from him.

I have emailed him, will try to set up an inspection visit for this weekend.
Will look it over closely for damage, corrosion , cracks, take photos and send them too you.

If you are serious, I can get it as far as Milwaukee suburbs and park it in my folks driveway, you can pick it up at your convenience.
It looks like a 668 mile trip from Winchester to dad's driveway, which is only 2 blocks off the highway..
I could have it there by Labor Day weekend if need be.
Sending you a PM with details.

Last edited:

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
I have to run down there near him to pick up some supplies, only about 5 or 6 miles from him, so no problem there. Just waiting to hear back from him.

I have emailed him, will try to set up an inspection visit for this weekend.
Will look it over closely for damage, corrosion , cracks, take photos and send them too you.

If you are serious, I can get it as far as Milwaukee suburbs and park it in my folks driveway, you can pick it up at your convenience.
It looks like a 668 mile trip from Winchester to dad's driveway, which is only 2 blocks off the highway..
I could have it there by Labor Day weekend if need be.
Sending you a PM with details.
perfect. A full gut i don't mind but structural is not for me.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
here in nashville area. Transom scares me. Seems like a lot of cash wanted.

1662042411515.png

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
we have a contender. Needs a gut so i can rebuild to a cc. no motor so I can choose that as well. hull looks good.

1662043223225.png

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

$600 3 days to go. She sure looks clean,
Swap out that motor for a 90's 40-50 hp with power tilt and away you go.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
close to you?

description checklist is interesting. No running motor due to electrical, poor quality boat, no steering.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
About 130 miles from me, about 120 miles NW of Milwaukee, I've bought a few things from them, great organization. The only repairs they do is wheel bearings, they rest they just inspect and clean.

But can't get there to inspect before the auction ends.
Needs new tires.
Got the photos up on the 50" tv, can't tell if its been sitting in storage for 40 years or if someone restored it.
Center console is original, same as the one i had in my 1974 18'.
someone added the front and rear seats, and it looks like they repainted the exterior.

Much smaller than an 18 Mariner and different hull.
Might be worth taking a chance.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Good to know they work the bearings.

It would be just big enough for us two and our two 50 lb dogs. It would be used for a shuttle to a remote area to let them out and run or just me fishing. I'd pull two of the seats.

I've never done an ebay auction but I guess it cant hurt to throw a bid in the pool.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
In learning how to do a bid on ebay i just notice this one has zero bids yet with 2 days to go.

My guess is a barn for the last many years based on description - that minnkota is a 80 or 90's color? Have paid much attention to the specifically but seems they went black many years ago.

Are electrical parts for 73 still floating around?

DLNorth

Chief Petty Officer
I may be wrong, but that might be repainted. (edited - or not?)
My other comment is how big of a boat do you want, this one is smaller than the SS16 for example.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Early to mid 80's Mariner 180 with what looks like an 1985 Mercury 75 hp.
Nice flip flop cooler seat, bimini , roller trailer
Decent looking but price $4500 !

00I0I_4hmYyP8dsblz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
welp, fell asleep on the sofa and missed the bidding. Looks like i could have got it for $601. Maybe they will relist.

As far as size, like I said earlier it will either be just me or when transporting the wife and 'boys' it will just be to a remote area to let them out and run. No all day in the boat. So while size does matter, this would work fine. I'd take out two of the seats. Plus my TDI has a 2000 pound tow capacity and an 18 with reasonable power would be testing the limits. An SS that needs a gut would be better, but....