Starcraft on C-list/ebay!

FJ_Russo

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 1980 Starcraft

That would make for an awesome boat Pugetsound... Come one you know road trips are fun... WA is prly 30hours of straight driving?? Not bad :)

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Oh man, that is a price a bottom feeder can get excited about^^^!

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

The kicker is worth $400 alone! What a steal.

Starman8

Chief Petty Officer

How do you mean get a uship bidder to split the distance?
Glen

USHIP is an online auction type setup where independent contract shippers bid on your posted delivery needs. For example, you can choose a destination on the US/CAN border between you and the boat location. You head south and the driver heads east.

Basically, you would buy the boat sight unseen.

Starman8

Chief Petty Officer

Am I right this is a Chieftan? Would you guys say buying this through Pay Pal, and he will store it for me till the weather improves, and I can pick it up is a good idea?
Glen

PayPal, or even a cashier's check, I always use a Bill of Sale form, which I can send you. It describes the total transaction, the consideration and a detail of the assets conveyed.

Using a cashier's check, you refer to the Bill of Sale reference number, and the check description also includes, as does the BOS, the HIN#, the engine#, the trailer#, and a solid description.

The Bill of Sale document can be tinkered with if you have to pay any taxes on the purchase. The price can be allocated to the boat, engine, and trailer as needed to minimize taxes. The BOS document also is a nice, legal piece of paper to have when licensing and registering the rig.

dozerII

Admiral

Thanks for the info, From what I read on Paypal buyer protection will save my a@#$@ ,Im having trouble fiquring out which model it is? Any ideas Starman

Starman8

Chief Petty Officer

Thanks for the info, From what I read on Paypal buyer protection will save my a@#$@ ,Im having trouble fiquring out which model it is? Any ideas Starman

Gonna say Starchief because of the side window trim and where the rails attach to the gunwale tops. Maybe early 70's model. The Chieftain has a different cap and the rails extend further back.

dozerII

Admiral

Thanks Starman, It is a 73 and the motor is a 74. I'm not sure on the year of the kicker. The owner says the boat doesn't leak a drop. The motor runs but has an intermitent power issue. Leg oil is clear and changed. Kicker runs great.
Glen

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Am I right this is a Chieftan? Would you guys say buying this through Pay Pal, and he will store it for me till the weather improves, and I can pick it up is a good idea?
Glen

I spose it all depends on you comfort level and expectations Glenn. Going this route can be a tricky game sometimes. I have bought cars, trucks, boats, tractors, chainsaws and many other big ticket items online. I can remember a deal or two not shaking out so well but happy with the vast majority.

Seems like a sweet rig at a great price. I'd really want to know for sure what I was getting into with that motor before I handed over full price (or close to it) though. I'd say that price is so so if it's burned up. Course if it's a runner that would be a sweet deal!. Have fun buddy!

Pugetsound

Lieutenant Commander

If it was summer or spring I could pick it up and take it to Sandpoint Idaho, for you. We have a summer home there on lake Pend Orille. we are only across the Mts from Walla Walla . Boat looks clean from the photos.

dozerII

Admiral

Thanks Jas It is kind of a scary deal, as I would have to pay for it up front and not pick it up for 8 to 10 weeks.
Thanks for the offer Puget, that would make the trip a lot shorter, the owner offered to bring it to Spokane for me.
I have a question on the Johnson O/B, the control says it is a Johnson Power Shift 2, is that an electric shift? I also noticed it does not have Power trim and Tilt.
Glen