Starcraft on C-list/ebay!

Weep'n Willy

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: Starcraft on clist!

I like it. Those big Islanders seem to be few and far between that are put up for sale around these parts, especially ones with a mercruiser instead of the OMC. If the seller of this one thinks this boat is nice then it shouldn't take too much of a motorcycle to please him, maybe doesn't even need a seat on the motorcycle :)

PKomrowski

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I like it. Those big Islanders seem to be few and far between that are put up for sale around these parts, especially ones with a mercruiser instead of the OMC. If the seller of this one thinks this boat is nice then it shouldn't take too much of a motorcycle to please him, maybe doesn't even need a seat on the motorcycle :)

You have to remember on the big ones your getting much more trailer. Many posters think the price is high, but before you do evaluate the trailer, they are not the cheap trailers NORMALLY. On the bigger starcrafts like the 25 and 26 the trailer will have a big input on how much is reasonable and what isn't. Now if the trailer is junk under the boat, then yes but these trailers alone in good shape go for over 1500 used is cheap. After all it takes about 400$ for tires and rims alone if they were to be replaced new.

I have a 26 and when i bought it the trailer looked like junk so I got the whole thing cheap. Turns out the trailer was OK still took a total rebuild but it was cheaper and better than a mediocre used one.

Im saying if you get a steal on one and the trailer is junk, you many be supprised what a bigger trailer will cost you.

Weep'n Willy

Master Chief Petty Officer

This one is a hard one to pass on, not sure I would want to do 2 of these at the same time... :) The price is right. Guess the owner is not sure if it is a thompson or a starcraft or both. Looks like a Chief to me.

1968 thompson starcraft aluminum 23 ft.

jontwentyfive

Seaman

Hi All,

It's been a while since I posted, but it's actually time for me to sell my boat. It's not a starcraft - in fact it's a 1960's runabout that's an old tank :) It's got a great Johnson 48SPL on it, electric start and all remote controls. Boat floats, everything works, has VHF, CD Radio, Fish Finder, rod holders, two post seats and mostly open back for a great fishing platform. I'm selling boat, engine, trailer (just reran wiring and new lights) and only asking $800 for it. The value is in the motor, gear and the trailer - the boat is a great old tank but she's showing some age. Not really soft spots in the floor, but towards the back there's an area that gives a little bit - totally usable and I had intentions to keep the hull for at least another couple seasons. (just for full disclosure putting all this out there)

Also, trailer has an electric winch on it that works well (powered off of 12v battery).

Hoping the great community here can help me get her sold. :)

I'm in Morris County, NJ - Specifically Lake Hopatcong.

16' Runabout style with 48 HP Johnson and Trailer

Thanks all!

Jon

Last edited:

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Hey Jon,

Yah, selling a non Starcraft glasser here on iboats is breaking about 734 rules. I'd expect a mod to swing by and take that post off for yah.

Cheers!

jbcurt00

Staff member

oops jon25, not a thread to sell your boat, the direct sale of goods, products, services etc is prohibited by our gracious forum host, iboats, which is a retailer..

It's a thread to help other people find a tin boat that suits their needs, wants or satisfy our desire to daydream & think 'what if?'

And help me think I got a better deal on those I've bought then I might have gotten if I lived in Michigan, the motherland for Starcrafts.... Or reinforce the thought that I way over paid :grumpy:

BTW: For some, anything that floats made w/ fiberglass isn't a boat, it's a toxic salvage yard for parts & pieces, particularly windshields, trailers & motors (OB & I/O). I am not above using a derelict boat of any kind to further my own resto efforts (such that they are).....

That said, best of luck getting rid of a nice case of the crabs :facepalm:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

BTW: For some, anything that floats made w/ fiberglass isn't a boat, it's a toxic salvage yard

All of this from a guy with this in his sig - '60 Glastron FireFlite

Sorry JB, I couldn't resist. :lol:

jbcurt00

Staff member

BTW: For some, anything that floats made w/ fiberglass isn't a boat, it's a toxic salvage yard for parts & pieces, particularly windshields, trailers & motors (OB & I/O). I am not above using a derelict boat of any kind to further my own resto efforts (such that they are).....

All of this from a guy with this in his sig - '60 Glastron FireFlite

Sorry JB, I couldn't resist. :lol:

I can take it, but I did say: For some, & that I am not above using a derelict boat of any kind......

But yeah, I deserved it....

Owning both tin & glass, doesn't make it easier to gain acceptance in either camp :indecisiveness:

More like un-welcome in either :flame:

Add the slow, lack of progress, and well there we are...:crutch:

GA_Boater

I know you lean tin, JB. One of them, one woodie and two tinnies. And you labored too hard de-bedlining the Jet to be a die hard glasshead. :joyous:

jbcurt00

Staff member

Busted

Actually I'm more of a vintage boat of any kind guy to be diehard either. But for the right Feathercraft or LoneStar, truth be told, I'd trade a few of each. And if I could ever afford a wooden barrelback ChrisCraft, the FC & LS might be traded as well.:flame:

And the current count is 4 tin, 2 glass (3 if you add the donor I/O), 1 wood and an empty trailer :facepalm:
I've always wanted to hang w/ the cool kids, and around this joint, it's the tinheads :laugh:

dozerII

Admiral

Those are real cool looking boats, but pricey.:greedy_dollars:

dozerII

Admiral

Those are real cool looking boats, but pricey.

GA_Boater

Interesting thing about those Aristocrafts. The son took over the business from his father and still make the Torpedo and Typhoon. And have unfinished versions also. With your woodworking skills Glen...mmm.

jbcurt00

Staff member

It WILL NOT be joining my derelict fleet. Let me say that again: IT WILL NOT be joining my fleet. Ok, now that I've honored the Admiral's wishes (yeah I know, only 1 out of many :facepalm:)

Vary Rare 1955 lone Star Cruisemaster:

3n13N13H65If5Lf5Macb54db0a92b49fb17ad.jpg

Way more project then I'd be able to tackle any time soon......

Did I say something about wanting a vintage wooden boat? I just can't remember...:faint2:
http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/csw/bod/3303609194.html

dozerII

Admiral

Interesting thing about those Aristocrafts. The son took over the business from his father and still make the Torpedo and Typhoon. And have unfinished versions also. With your woodworking skills Glen...mmm.

Hey GA, the only way wood is good :D is when it is held afloat by tin. ;)

GA_Boater

Every time I see a LS Cruisemaster all I can think of is a Prohibition Rum Runner.. Wonder if the seller still has the O/B bracket? NO - I'm not calling.

GA_Boater

With all the wood and non-SC discussion, I should redeem myself a little.

An 18' SS or possibly Holiday project. And the fist thing you have to do is un-do the sellers work. PT ply. :facepalm:

18' Starcraft-project boat