Starcraft on C-list/ebay!

jbcurt00

Staff member
Re: Starcraft on C-list/ebay!

1988 starcraft 21' CC in NJ. looks rough, no outboard, but its $799. All that with a bimini and what looks like a homemade bow dodger. http://cnj.craigslist.org/boa/3156157258.html

Looks like an OB conversion from the White leg of death:):

5U45J95Ma3K63Mf3Lec7m18474e9e4d3d1fcc.jpg

If it looks well done, $800 for a 21' may not be too bad, if you've got a 15" short shaft OB.... The splashwell is certainly big enough:facepalm:

djpeters

Lieutenant Commander

Looks like an OB conversion from the White leg of death:):

5U45J95Ma3K63Mf3Lec7m18474e9e4d3d1fcc.jpg

If it looks well done, $800 for a 21' may not be too bad, if you've got a 15" short shaft OB.... The splashwell is certainly big enough:facepalm:

I don't know.....looks factory to me. I don't think the white leg of death was still round in '88. The transom skin looks all one piece, but like you said, that splashwell is huge!

jbcurt00

Staff member

I don't know.....looks factory to me. I don't think the white leg of death was still round in '88. The transom skin looks all one piece, but like you said, that splashwell is huge!

I very often don't take the ad's year claim very serious, but perhaps your right. I originally thought this looked like the odd-round hole from the white leg, welded in as a conversion. Looking closer, it may just be the Johnson/Evinrude brackets that may still be there or that had been caulked to the transom skin.....
Starcrafttransom.jpg

Having never looked much past the mid-70s the angular splashwell made it look all the more like a conversion to me.

If it's in good order, I still think it's not too bad, at $800, conversion or not;)

dave 524

Seaman

Pretty sure the boat is a 21 Mariner , they were never made in I/O and not with a 15 " transom only 20". The 22 Mariners had a 25 inch transom.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

That's not a splashwell. That's an eight person hot tub. LOL It must be the angle, looks like 4 feet deep.

GameOnSalmon

Seaman Apprentice

AAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGG.....................................

Another 22' supersport with a DAMN inboard. Will I ever find one with an outboard????

here ya go michigan peeps, have at it.

http://holland.craigslist.org/boa/3159894939.html

5L45H55M53Kb3M63Ncc7o8153891525a81a6c.jpg

Tincanman,

WHY not just convert one... Using a Static Plate and Jack plate... Hydro Dynamics in Louisana makes amazing product, thats what I am just finishing up with my 21' Chieftain .... Conversion was easy... and no I/O to deal with... Stuffed on a 175 Johnson Fast Strike...

Then you dont gotta wait my friend...

Robert

tincanman

Petty Officer 1st Class

Tincanman,

WHY not just convert one... Using a Static Plate and Jack plate... Hydro Dynamics in Louisana makes amazing product, thats what I am just finishing up with my 21' Chieftain .... Conversion was easy... and no I/O to deal with... Stuffed on a 175 Johnson Fast Strike...

Then you dont gotta wait my friend...

Robert

its starting to look like a conversion may need to be looked at. I guess I'm in no hury, with my superfisherman, I can bide my time. Also, i would love to restore a 22' v5 SS back to showroom condition, so a conversion kinda kills that a little. I just get frustrated every now and again.

barato2

Commander

hey Robert---

glad to hear that plan came together. i'd love to see some pics of process as probably would lots of others folks contemplating this conversion.

tincanman

Petty Officer 1st Class

either converted from a 20" to a 25" shaft or a 25" to a 30". Alot of the 22's I am seeing had a 25" transom from factory. From thier location, looks like they are coastal or atleast bay fishing, I would assume that the high sided are for backing down on fish or backtroling. Keeps the water out of the boat. Not like it would need it with that splashwell.

Either that or they wan't to catch water in the splashwell for a livewell or a small pool to cool off while fishing.

tincanman

Petty Officer 1st Class

Pretty sure that was originally an I/O......

I don't recall ever seeing an outboard model with the chrome scoops on top of the gunnels.

this one is an orig holiday ob and has the scoops.

014.jpg

jbcurt00

Staff member

Doug Heffernan owns a Starcraft?:confused:
014.jpg

It'll need a new IPS approved brown paint job;)