Starcraft on C-list/ebay!

jbcurt00

Staff member
Re: Starcraft on C-list/ebay!

This Starcraft will get you many women(according to the seller anyway). This ad is well worth reading! http://utica.craigslist.org/boa/3153071182.html

All it's missing is a trailer bumper sticker that says something about grass gas @$$ no one rides for free beaches:facepalm:

I wonder what target market in Utica that ad was written for? Hope to never encounter the buyer on a boat ramp or waterway anytime soon.....

tincanman

Petty Officer 1st Class

1979 20' ss/offshore outboard in MI. looks rough but mostly all there.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1979-Starcraft-motorboat-/130736137388?pt=Power_Motorboats&hash=item1e707b24ac

$T2eC16ZHJIkE9qU3k63wBQDTdOOnmw~~60_12.JPG

jbcurt00

Staff member

1979 20' ss/offshore outboard in MI. looks rough but mostly all there
Nice of them to disconnect the fuel (non-freezing) tanks but didn't winterize it in Lansing? :eek: Yikes...

Comes with DIY trailer tires & rims though:rolleyes: But that trailer looks like it has a frame built for more light duty then

You MI tin guys go nutty for the 18-22 tin, SS trim especially, so I reckon it'll sell at or above his starting amount..... Even w/ a questionable motor.........

I see a 10-16month resto into a center console:) How far is this from Dozer's SC rehab hanger?

uunnnhhhh? The '79 brochure doesn't have a 20', let alone a 20' SS with the standard V. There's no V5 (extra chine) hull either... iboats SC spec page also doesn't have an offshore SS 20' in '79.... Hmmmm.

barato2

Commander

i tend to think all the nice markers we use for exact model year (esp color) sometimes got fudged when they hit the end of a production year and still had some of the old spec paint or whatever left over...not like a car where they differ more from one year to the next.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Drop the motor down and it's winterized. Fog the cylinders if you want. Unlike an I/O.

tincanman

Petty Officer 1st Class

Nice of them to disconnect the fuel (non-freezing) tanks but didn't winterize it in Lansing? :eek: Yikes...

Comes with DIY trailer tires & rims though:rolleyes: But that trailer looks like it has a frame built for more light duty then

You MI tin guys go nutty for the 18-22 tin, SS trim especially, so I reckon it'll sell at or above his starting amount..... Even w/ a questionable motor.........

I see a 10-16month resto into a center console:) How far is this from Dozer's SC rehab hanger?

uunnnhhhh? The '79 brochure doesn't have a 20', let alone a 20' SS with the standard V. There's no V5 (extra chine) hull either... iboats SC spec page also doesn't have an offshore SS 20' in '79.... Hmmmm.

I may be missing it, but I can't even find an outoboard 20' of any year, much less a '79.

jbcurt00

Staff member

Drop the motor down and it's winterized. Fog the cylinders if you want. Unlike an I/O.
Isn't draining a 'vintage' OB's lower unit, that often leak, & adding new, fresh lower unit oil part of winterizing, esp somewhere as cold & cold for as long as Lansing? But in Ga, yeah maybe not..

I may be missing it, but I can't even find an outboard 20' of any year, much less a '79.

Yeah, maybe not an SS, 20', Offshore, or a '79. Or only 2 or 3 of the 4, perhaps none of the above:facepalm:

But at $900, does it matter? Well, probably not a about anything 'cept the 20';)

Wouldn't want to pony up 20' money & only get 18':D

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Isn't draining a 'vintage' OB's lower unit, that often leak, & adding new, fresh lower unit oil part of winterizing, esp somewhere as cold & cold for as long as Lansing? But in Ga, yeah maybe not..

I guess you could call that part of winterizing. But I consider draining and checking the LU for water as annual maintenance. If I found water in the oil, it's repair time. We don't have the harsh winters like our Northern brothers but if the dog's water bowl is frozen so is any water in the LU. That is until it cracks and the water leaks out when it warms up. :eek: And you wouldn't believe how many I/Os on CL down here in the south have classic freeze damage, but it's almost always a classic "quick fix". :facepalm: What I'm really saying we just have a difference in terminology, my friend.

That is one clean Holiday!!

jbcurt00

Staff member

I just finished reading Max W's old outboard book, but yeah, we be good:)

Who's sig line is it anyway:

Any oil is better then none.....

barato2

Commander

and Max is where i got the idea to just change it far more frequently than annually, because minor leakage ain't an issue then. esp if you use it in salt water like i do. of course, both of my little motors probably don't use 1/2 pint between em.