Starcraft on C-list/ebay!

jbcurt00

Staff member
Re: Starcraft on C-list/ebay!

http://austin.craigslist.org/boa/3147037171.html $300 18' cuddy (chieftain) ???? Go get it!!!!

Woa Nelly

WTF

Seems like there's a vacuum opening in both the Fl & Tx areas

All I know is I now have an overwhelmingly strange desire to leave the house right this minute, borrow a work truck & start driving.....................

Well, carp

Hello newest members to the bottom feeders club, Fl & Tx chapters:facepalm:

concept10

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Woa Nelly

WTF

Seems like there's a vacuum opening in both the Fl & Tx areas

All I know is I now have an overwhelmingly strange desire to leave the house right this minute, borrow a work truck & start driving.....................

Well, carp

Hello newest members to the bottom feeders club, Fl & Tx chapters:facepalm:

I'm driving through Austin tommorow and all i hope is that it's not there when I pass. Two Starcrafts in as many weeks! I will take a look if you want me to.

I bought that 18' last week and I'm seriously trying to resist buying another I spotted. That has been working my mind for the better part of the day. The extra money I'm making from overtime and the presence of local Tin is killing me. Please help!!

jbcurt00

Staff member

I'm driving through Austin tomorrow and all i hope is that it's not there when I pass. Two Starcrafts in as many weeks! I will take a look if you want me to

Thank you for the offer, but my dance card is full for the foreseeable future;)

bunker108

Chief Petty Officer

Carp, I thought the Admiral had nixed the sale.... Interesting.... No mistaking the splashwell details.

$3K sounds like a great number, for the buyer:facepalm:

Hope he gets every penny;)

Strangely enough, the 'dark-side' doesn't have nearly the hard sale, cult like behavior of the Starmada:eek:

C'mon B2...it's an 18 footer. The boss has been seduced by a 2000 Caravelle 188 w/4.3 Volvo with an SX outdrive that a family friend is getting rid of. You are right...Caravelle's certainly don't have the following as these wicked old Starcrafts. Don't count me out yet..,my oldest son is turning 6 this year so I will be on the hunt for a small tin can for him and my youngest boy isn't far behind. I have the opportunity to own a much more modern boat with a an awesome drivetrain for not much more than my current asking price. If it doesn't sell oh well...I am not going to give it away. My price is firm and seems to be fair from the response I have received.

FishNmemories

Petty Officer 1st Class

Starcraft are More Expensive up Here in Canada

Here is a local 16 ft SS with a 94' 70 hp for a mere $4500 about 30 miles from me. It looks in good shape.but the Starcrafts cost alot more around these parts and do seem to have a good supply of buyers wanting them too.

http://comoxvalley.en.craigslist.ca/boa/3147536761.html

Another Starcraft 18 ft Holiday with an i/o OMC was parked on the side of the road with a offering for sale slashed from $3200 to $2800 and it was gone the next day. It was in a bit rough shape but I couldn't convince my Gal we needed to upgrade from our 16 ft SS :(

BonairII

Commander

Another Starcraft 18 ft Holiday with an i/o OMC was parked on the side of the road with a offering for sale slashed from $3200 to $2800 and it was gone the next day. It was in a bit rough shape but I couldn't convince my Gal we needed to upgrade from our 16 ft SS :(

She probably saved you future headaches. Stay away from the OMC "leg of death"....parts are very hard to find.

FishNmemories

Petty Officer 1st Class

She probably saved you future headaches. Stay away from the OMC "leg of death"....parts are very hard to find.

Unfortunately, I have owned 2 mercruiser i/o on 2 different boats and have been virtually stranded on the coastal waters here in British Columbia. So I agree with you on the OMC "leg of death", if I did purchase an i/o I would probably pod it and install an outboard. Others have had better experiences with i/o, but these coastal waters are no place for breakdowns.

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

C'mon B2...it's an 18 footer. The boss has been seduced by a 2000 Caravelle 188 w/4.3 Volvo with an SX outdrive that a family friend is getting rid of. You are right...Caravelle's certainly don't have the following as these wicked old Starcrafts. Don't count me out yet..,my oldest son is turning 6 this year so I will be on the hunt for a small tin can for him and my youngest boy isn't far behind. I have the opportunity to own a much more modern boat with a an awesome drivetrain for not much more than my current asking price. If it doesn't sell oh well...I am not going to give it away. My price is firm and seems to be fair from the response I have received.

You deserve EVERY dollar you are asking and then some!

ShowMeGuy

Chief Petty Officer

Man..... Prolly a good thing you are way far away.. I'd buy your boat... I watched your build... Maybe if you met me in OK city!?!? :) I'd be pretty tempted to take that thing home..

bunker108

Chief Petty Officer

Man..... Prolly a good thing you are way far away.. I'd buy your boat... I watched your build... Maybe if you met me in OK city!?!? :) I'd be pretty tempted to take that thing home..

I towed it to the lake for a water test and came home solo. Perharps I should have started a bit higher since it sold in about 24hrs. I am hoping to make a trip to Dallas this week to pick up the Caravelle, which was owned by Chuck Norris's brother I might add!

I love these starcrafts and as I said before I would love to find a little Jet or soemthing similar to start with my boy.

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

I towed it to the lake for a water test and came home solo. Perharps I should have started a bit higher since it sold in about 24hrs. I am hoping to make a trip to Dallas this week to pick up the Caravelle, which was owned by Chuck Norris's brother I might add!

I love these starcrafts and as I said before I would love to find a little Jet or soemthing similar to start with my boy.

well Congrats! and boo..all at once

jbcurt00

Staff member

Yep, should have asked for more, but it sold quick & cash in hand is excellent:)

dozerII

Admiral

Should have shipped her up here Bunker, that was a $6000 boat up here, then we could of had beer together. good luck with the new one.

ShowMeGuy

Chief Petty Officer

I hear ya there..... That has got to be a bad ace boat if chuck norris's brother owned it.... Some CN facts... just saying
THE TOP TEN CHUCK NORRIS FACTS:
Chuck Norris' tears cure cancer. Too bad he has never cried.
Chuck Norris counted to infinity - twice.
Chuck Norris does not hunt because the word hunting infers the probability of failure. Chuck Norris goes killing.
If you can see Chuck Norris, he can see you. If you can't see Chuck Norris you may be only seconds away from death.
Chuck Norris sold his soul to the devil for his rugged good looks and unparalleled martial arts ability. Shortly after the transaction was finalized, Chuck roundhouse kicked the devil in the face and took his soul back. The devil, who appreciates irony, couldn't stay mad and admitted he should have seen it coming. They now play poker every second Wednesday of the month.
When the Boogeyman goes to sleep every night he checks his closet for Chuck Norris.
Chuck Norris built a time machine and went back in time to stop the JFK assassination. As Oswald shot, Chuck Norris met all three bullets with his beard, deflecting them. JFK's head exploded out of sheer amazement.
Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life there.
They once made a Chuck Norris toilet paper, but it wouldn't take sh*t from anybody.
A blind man once stepped on Chuck Norris' shoe. Chuck replied, "Don't you know who I am? I'm Chuck Norris!" The mere mention of his name cured this man blindness. Sadly the first, last, and only thing this man ever saw, was a fatal roundhouse delivered by Chuck Norris.