Starcraft on C-list/ebay!

1973Chieftain

Lieutenant
Re: Starcraft on C-list/ebay!

Yeah it makes you wonder how that general design stuck around for as long as it did....... If you have to be cautious with 10MPH gusts then why even give it a gas motor option? :)

No problems with 20mph wind while on small lakes, im just thinking 15' is a bit small for the Great Lakes. But im new to boating on the Great Lakes, maybe it is normally to be pounding the waves a bit. I can say that to my eyes, the Jet's design and looks are super sweet! :cool:

jbcurt00

Staff member

Nice looking 35hp Lark on that original OD Green SC..

chuckndiscs

Petty Officer 1st Class

Yeah well the problem with that is when it is choppy out those old aluminum starcrafts become basically worthless. If it hurts, she tells me to slow down. :) Went out with her when a storm front was moving in all day, on Sunday. Don't think I'll be taking her on those days anymore. :D

Donut seat? :). Heh!

My wife is about the same and my youngest can't bounce much (7 mos old). But my 6 year old and 3 year old boys like to go full-out ANYDAY!:D

1973Chieftain

Lieutenant

#1 - That one will solve all your chop complaints#2 - Sounds abandoned, he sounds like a real charmer. Tag shows 2008, last legal used.
It sure would.. but it souls take some work with the white leg of death. If I go bigger for chop, I would seriously look at the Mariners. I really liked the practicality that yours looks like it has... how does it handle chop? The 18' that I posted about looks overpriced, but I liked her looks as well. Ah the travails of mbs! ;)

tincanman

Petty Officer 1st Class

1984 70hp rude.May be a decent motor for you 16' owners out there. controls, cables, and fuel tank included. $750

http://york.craigslist.org/boa/3036522391.html

This is a 1984 Evinrude boat motor. It comes with the controls and gas tank.
Model #E70ELCRD

Runs fine. Just taken off the boat this week.

If interested, call Chuck 717-xxx-xxxx

5N95E85Hd3Gd3I33Hfc5o9db82b3773901223.jpg

lakelover

Rear Admiral

Imposter!!!:eek:

http://albany.craigslist.org/boa/3036522854.html

1990 Ultranautic 12.5' Jet Star - $1400 (New Baltimore, NY)
Date: 2012-05-24, 9:29PM EDT
Reply to: see below [Errors when replying to ads?]
798cc 2-cycle Suzuki
Fun boat, Runs good,
Clean upholstery, Galvanized trailer
New tires, Have all paperwork, Current registration
Call xxx-xxx-xxxx

fakejetstar1.jpg

fakejetstar3.jpg

fakejetstar2.jpg

(Looks like fun though.)

Just noticed, it's also a lefty!

64osby

Admiral

It sure would.. but it souls take some work with the white leg of death. If I go bigger for chop, I would seriously look at the Mariners. I really liked the practicality that yours looks like it has... how does it handle chop? The 18' that I posted about looks overpriced, but I liked her looks as well. Ah the travails of mbs! ;)

It laughs at the small chop.:D A little noise slapping the hull. Get a bounce on the bigger stuff, but nothing to see the dentist about. I'm also easy on the throttle. WOT is for glassy waters IMO. I'm really lucky to have found the 21'er and not worked my way up, otherwise MBS would be eating me up.

barato2

Commander

don't be so complacent, Osby....MBS works both directions.

say, don't you need something to fill be the gap between the Mariner and the 14'? ;)

64osby

Admiral

don't be so complacent, Osby....MBS works both directions.

say, don't you need something to fill be the gap between the Mariner and the 14'? ;)

If I were to buy another I would certainly be sleeping in it, so I guess I'll start looking at 18 cuddy's.:rolleyes:

A better plan is to finish my 14, tweak the Mariner and be jumping on the honey do's. Life will be good.:)

Gibbles

Commander

Donut seat? :). Heh!

My wife is about the same and my youngest can't bounce much (7 mos old). But my 6 year old and 3 year old boys like to go full-out ANYDAY!:D

My Jet beats the tar out of me when it gets choppy

One day I decided to see if I could skip over the top of everything... I think I knocked a few things loose...
even the flooring seems to creek now. :p