Southern Maryland Tolman Jumbo Build [Splashed 2017]

Status
Not open for further replies.

cj8mule

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Splashing the boat tomorrow afternoon. I think the Admiral is going with, so she can take a video or two.

I still need a steering link arm for the kicker motor, but I'll leave it up and tilted away from the main OB. I went and filled up this afternoon and put 55 gallons in the belly tank. I'll have to put a 20 gallon tank under the captains bench this winter. I don't believe 55 gallons is enough for the tuna fishing trips I want to go on.

The Jumbo got a lot of attention today at the gas pumps.... should be interesting at the ramp tomorrow.

--dave

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Alright you got the motor rigged up, good luck on the splash!

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Hope you can move the crowd out of the way to get her in the water.

Have a great splash - A Jumbo Splash, CJ.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Hey CJ - Someone is driving your boat like they stole it. LOL

Was that 32+MPH?

A Jumbo Splash. Congrats!

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
No words to describe.... you couldn't make me quit smiling with a 2X4 across the kisser.

--dave

Oh yeah super sweet ride you built there! :thumb:

Thanks for the ride along.

Tnstratofam

Commander
Awesome! Congratulations on your splash. Looks like she moves through the water real nice. :encouragement:

I think you've done an amazing build. I mean you built it from the ground up. What an awesome job. Truly!

Slager

Petty Officer 2nd Class
That's one nice boat. You'll have to post some pictures of big tuna!

cj8mule

Thanks everyone.

She'll do 40 mph at 5000 rpm. Not sure on the fuel consumption yet, but I suspect at least 3 to 4 nmpg.

We were going 18 to 25 mph in those 3 videos. The Admiral was very happy to pilot the boat and did a great job.

Frey0357

Petty Officer 1st Class
Congrats on the splash! Truly a great accomplishment, ground up build and all....gosh I wanna do something cool!

Frey

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
So any TUNA yet? That's me....I wish!!
images

cj8mule

No tuna yet. Still waiting on the tax man to give me what he thinks my boat is worth. Then, I'll cut him a check and the state of Maryland will give me a title and registration.

I turned in $10,000 in receipts, but I think he believes it's worth more. The tax mill rate is 5%.... ouch....:facepalm:

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Boy that just sucks! Well good luck! Ha ha...See if he likes fishing before he bumps ya and offer to take him out.

cj8mule

What's a fellow to do while waiting for the TaxMan.... make some more rodholders. I already had 17 holes for rods, but found a need for a few more at the splashwell. I troll around using in line planers and umbrellas in the summer and needed to separate the rods a little more. I hate tangled lines and want the ability to turn very quickly.

So, here's room for 7 more rods. lol... I never use them all at the same time, but it's nice to be able to move stuff around when needed.

pmMuNPXl.jpg

APlwvaIl.jpg

W0xnlZ1l.jpg

This one cost me around $30 to make, but I already had the supplies except the argon. Around 3 hours of labor.

Status
Not open for further replies.