Sloopy - pushing limits

Spidybot

Lieutenant Commander
Obviously this Sloopy character has an urge to insult and has no sense of offending.<br /><br />Sloopy is acting as an understimulated teenager finding negative attention better than no attention, and I tend to direct no attention at all to posts where this member contributes.<br /><br />May be that folks prefer Sloopy's 'wise' words, but I do not. Even though some posts contain some seriousity the attitude is still way off.<br /><br />This said after thorough consideration and not aimed at Sloopy as a person - just think it's a weird behaviour.

sloopy

Commander
Re: Sloopy - pushing limits

give some examples. then I will give s0me examples of you.<br /><br /> :mad:

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

He's right, Sloopy. :( <br /><br />Apologise and don't be such a smart *** in the future.<br /><br />You have to behave if you are going to be allowed to stay a member. I would like you to stay. :)

naughtybynature

Petty Officer 2nd Class

sorry jb, gotta be with the sloopster on this one... only because uu is out of line here. does uu own this forum? no. does uu moderate this forum? no. hey uu, buzz off if you don't like it. sloop has every right to post here. i persoanly find him pretty funny. too bad you don't see the humor in it. sad really.

naughtybynature

Petty Officer 2nd Class

and further more... who's limits uu? yours? maybe UU should get a set of new limits. quit *****in, get postin and relax man. for the amount of time you've spent wining about sloopy you could've answered a question in the outboard forum or congratulated jb on his 4000 th post. or do UU not have anything else to contribute to this forum?

one more cast

Captain

I Like reading what sloopy has to say, but what IS making me visit less often is all the whining that has been going on. :eek:

Admin5

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I have now banned Sloopdog about 6 times under different names starting with Sailboaty, then saildude_bugs_everyone_alot, etc. I have come close to banning him now but am hoping that he won't spend as much time on here now that school has started. How come you like our forum so much sloppy? Rememer I recommended the teen chat rooms on yahoo? If you are going to stick around please play nice and try not to annoy. Its ok if some of you think he is funny - what is bad is if others get annoyed and don't come back because of him.

sloopy

Commander

Sorry Admin five :( I don't like "tean" chat rooms or stuff like thatI hear enoght about it at school :rolleyes: :rolleyes: sorry I will try to turn it down a notch.

495v

Chief Petty Officer

Hey!!! Shouldn't you be in school? Maybe practicing your spelling. :)

crab bait

Captain

an just think , fellas.. he's goin' to be an ADMIRAL here in the near future.. that's a fact.. <br /><br />so SLOOPY ,,, input were you can teach someone somethin' ..STUPID STUFF & NOTHIN' TO DO WITH BOATS is a free-for-all .. you can express yourself there...<br /><br />i personally enjoy you MOST times.. and want you to stick around.. <br /><br />BEHAVE..!!!

sloopy

Commander

school ends at 3 :) I start homework at 5 and end home work at 9 most of the time

grandx

Petty Officer 1st Class

Don't visit "nothin to do with boats" much, glad I did today. I've found myself starting this same topic a number of times in the outboard section, then erased it... on second thought. I guess it's ok to keep the nonsense on this page, but I personally don't like it in the information sections... for what my opinions worth. I've seen some accurate responses from sloop, but I think the bulk of the 800+ are not so useful.

Capt. Bob

Petty Officer 1st Class

You know...I've given a lot of thought to the subject of offensive, off topic replies, self appointed moderators, humor based on immature gestures and disruptive posting to kill topics and abuse the topic author for humor, etc., etc., blah blah blah.......<br /><br />The truth is, we all can just about say anything we want here and the only ramification is our own self respect and the respect we earn from others.<br />Some find being anonymous an opportunity to jeer and conjoin with other members to satisfy their own intellectual shortcomings.....such as calling people names and using foul language as a way to insult....WE ALL KNOW THE WORDS....just, some of us don't need to use them to get our point across or to get that "shock" attention that some of you seem to need so badly.<br /><br />I have also come to realize that age is not a factor here...there are members that are acting more immature than their immature counterparts who come by it naturally...their age.<br /><br />For those that seem to want to be a free spirits and not follow any decorum.....I say to you.....you are only "a legend in your own mind".....the rest of us don't care!<br /><br />With all of that said, I have to admit to enjoying some banter and even Snoopy's goofy remarks from time to time. If this were all technical and no humor was added...it wouldn't be as much fun and a lot of us would not be here as much as we are. <br />I assume that is why Admin5 lets most all of the questionable topics and posts find their own "level".<br /><br />For those who don't know......<br /><br />Main Entry: de·co·rum <br />Pronunciation: di-'kOr-&m, -'kor-<br />Function: noun<br />Etymology: Latin, from neuter of decorus<br />Date: 1576<br />1 : literary and dramatic propriety : FITNESS<br />2 : propriety and good taste in conduct or appearance<br />3 : ORDERLINESS<br />4 plural : the conventions of polite behavior <br /><br />Main Entry: con·join <br />Pronunciation: k&n-'join, kän-<br />Function: verb<br />Etymology: Middle English, from Middle French conjoindre, from Latin conjungere, from com- + jungere to join -- more at YOKE<br />Date: 14th century<br />transitive senses : to join together (as separate entities) for a common purpose<br />intransitive senses : to join together for a common purpose <br /><br />Main Entry: self-re·spect <br />Pronunciation: -ri-'spekt<br />Function: noun<br />Date: circa 1814<br />1 : a proper respect for oneself as a human being<br />2 : regard for one's own standing or position

gonfishn

Commander

Hang in their Sloopy it has to get better......

RICKRICK1

Ensign

Sloopy what kind of student are you--grade wise.<br />I admit I was perplexed about some of your post, but came to see the humor in most of them. I hope you stay, you add alot. Its nice to know there are young people out there who will take thier time to help others. ;)

crab bait

Captain

except for the ' play dough' gag.. i still don't get it.. :confused: <br /><br />is it 'dough' is money.. an 'play' sounds like pay... hence syn. oil is pay money..?? <br /><br />i don't know any more... :confused: