Sloopy - pushing limits

sloopy

Commander
Re: Sloopy - pushing limits

keep trying Crabby!!! it will come... I hope

Fishbusters

Ensign

Give Sloopy 2 more years trust me he will change from a snotty nosed punk to perhaps a contributing member of society. A little thing called legal age and a year or so of work tends to do that to them.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Folks we need to encourage the boy...He has a genuine interest in marine related subjects and we should encourage him...He reminds me of myself at his age...I had (and still do have) a one track mind about boat stuff in general... Sloopy You need to police yourself please.... I dont want to see ya go away.. Too funny.. :p

SCO

Lieutenant

I too enjoy Sloopy's posts. It is always someting completely off the wall, thinking outside the box. Conformity will come soon enough. :eek:

sloopy

Commander

I'm trying to get a picture of me

sloopy

Commander

ok use this picture for target practice :) and yes I am on a PWC.. I will try to get apicture of m giving a small honda to the girl jewish scouts (EKC) J.B says PWC are mortal enimies here! but I have to so you know that I exist and that this photo disk think is so cool! here it is :( <br />
ferwefrweg.jpg

88spl

Petty Officer 1st Class

Just a sugestion sloopy, and don't take this in a negative way, but perhaps it will help to read over your posts. It will all come around in due time. Relax, take your time, and for god sakes read over your posts! I only got 1/2 brain cell left, and my wife keeps telling me I'm about a quarter of an inch from being stupid, after your last post, I think I lost that 1/2 cell! :confused:

sloopy

Commander

OK, for now on I will reread my post.

Kelly Ann

Cadet

First of all, Moose, just why do you feel it necessary to personally attack people for their shortcomings? So what if Sloopy can't spell. Modern scientific data has shown that people can be brilliant in some areas and not so brilliant in others. They are redefining the definition of intelligence. It is just obviously apparent in a typewritten forum. We cannot fully know a person from a forum such as this. I find it reprehensible that being an adult you would attack a child in such a manner. He needs to be encouraged, not discouraged. We have to guide children by example. What is he to learn about adults if they show such a poor example? Is it any wonder teenagers lack respect for many adults? I don't think we have to be told what some of Moose's shortcomings are, and being an adult at that. <br /><br />Recent scientific studies of the teenage brain have shown that the first area to mature is the emotional area. Think about it. Mixed with hormones and the modern stress of school performance and peer pressure... The last area of the brain to mature is the logical/reasoning area. Not until around 18. Now Sloopy, don't get upset, nature saw fit that EVERY one of us had to go through that. Yes, we were all stupid teenagers once! :D Hard to believe, I know. Someday you will look back(if you are honest with yourself) and realize it was true. Trust me, that older I get, the more I remember. Me and probably alot of us "old farts" out there.<br /><br />Sloopy, try to remember that there ARE some cool adults around here. Try to follow them and not be goaded by a few that love to irritate. Yes, there are people that never grow up. Don't be like them, and don't argue with them. Show them how well you can act. People will respect you for it. And yes, if Moose feels it necessary to respond in an inappropriate manner, I will answer with dignity and respect. Or ignore him if necessary. <br /><br />Please tone it down a bit, and remember that there is an awful lot to be learned here. You have a head start on me, I'm 35 and just learning about boating! ;) <br /><br />Some of us never grow up, we just wear bigger clothes...

gonfishn

Commander

Well said RS. Heck At fifteen instead of punching keys like sloopy I was Midnight Auto part Shopping for fun. Sloop is trying to fit into a group of folks that are at least 20 years older than him. I say to Sloop to don't be in such of a hurry to grow up it goes to quickly. <br /><br /> What you learn today you will past down to your own tommorrow...

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Ridin' Spot.<br /><br />Well said, lady. You are wise beyond your years, but I do take small exception to your description of Moose's post as a personal attack.<br /><br />I don't think Moose intended a deliberate personal attack on Sloopy, but he did reveal a great ignorance of true southern culture and a propensity for ridiculing people that has shown in many of his posts.<br /><br />I am a southerner, Moose. I have a 150 IQ and a Ph.D. Two of my sisters and a nephew have Ph.D.s. My ancestors, like those of Her Majesty, Elizabeth II, married distant cousins for several generations. I am unaware of any idiots in the family, but am proud that my own descendants have more class than to make fun of cruel ignorance wherever they find it, be it Mississippi or Nebraska.<br /><br />Have a nice day. :)

sloopy

Commander

Moose now please tell me how I am in Honers English, and enter into about every writing contest availible, most of the time I get secound place (these are cristian writing contest in the ACS {academic Christian School}) I have gotten 2000 dollars in one contest, so I don't think my grammer is that bad.