Say a prayer for my wife......

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral
Re: Say a prayer for my wife......UPDATE

Re: Say a prayer for my wife......UPDATE

Just a note to let everyone know that Donna got the pathology report from the tissue that was removed and the cancer has not spread to any other areas. Its not in the lymph nodes either (i think i've mentioned that). Dont know yet if this will get her out of chemo or not. Also, she went to the plastic surgeon today and it looks like the skin tissue that was dieing is coming back. The doctor said that it look much better today and he was encouraged.

She didnt ask for any pain medicine during the night last night, she got up this morning had her sister put her war paint on her face, went the hair gal, got her hair done and they struck a trott to Jackson for all the appointments.

Looks like she's coming on back! !

That speaks volumes as to her prognosis :). As long as Donna keep taking on her world in that fashion she'll do great. Thanks for the outstanding news.

licketdsplit756

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Say a prayer for my wife......

is she right with god? i send my prayers to her.keep the faith no matter the out come.

ehenry

Commander

She has another Dr's appointment today. I'm hoping she'll get the last drain out so she can sleep more comfortably. Oncologist appointment on Thursday the 5th. Hoping for more good news from him.

millercm1

Seaman Apprentice

My prayers are with you and your wife... I will pray that God places the right people in your paths to help you make these tough decisions.

Trust in God.:)
Miller.

ehenry

Commander

Donna had to go back under the knife yesterday. In my original post you may remeber me mentioning an area of skin that wasn't healing as it should due to scar tissue from a previous surgery. Yesterday morning they went in and removed all that tissue, a place about the size of a tennis ball, and grafted skin harvested from her belly. The surgery went well but she is in more pain from this than from the mastectomy/reconstruction surgery. She said this hurts worse than cesarean or the hysterectomy she's had.

At any rate, she's at home now and The Swamptater is riding herd on her today doing all her stepping and fetching. I had to come chase the almighty dollar and do a little catching up.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

I'm sorry to hear she is hurting so badly.
I forget the name of that stuff, but over the grafted area, the docs placed that wet "fish net" material... THAT stuff was what made it painfull for me!!

It feels like a burn of the same size, doesn't it?
Been there, done that, man! And she isn't kidding any. Tell her it gets easier by the day to deal with it, and after a wseek or so, it becomes almost bearable.

ehenry

Commander

12footer, they did tell me that there was a sponge stitched over the area where they put the skin graft and that is covered with a piece of gause. Down on her belly where the graft came from they super glued her back together along with some sort of tape. They said she could shower today and to just pat the areas dry.

I'm not a queasy sort at all, but last night I had to do the hardest thing i've had to do since this all started two weeks ago. I had to wake her up and 12:30 a.m. this morning and give her a shot. I've always given my animals their vaccinations and boosters but giving something to my wife with a damn hypodermic needle was virgin ground for me and I had a harder time with it than I figured I would have.

On a slightly lighters side.....yall ought to watch her walk trying to hold two pillows. One that was made for her to hold under her arm and then another one over the incision on her belly.....Kinda like the old lady shuffle x 10. Getting her in and out of her recliner use to be awkward but we've gotten it down to an art form now....sorta like ball room dancing and doing the big dip.

Mrs Soulwinner

Petty Officer 1st Class

eHenry... Donna, you and your family is in my thoughts and daily prayers. keep us posted if you can.

ehenry

Commander

Mrs. S/W, I try to post anything new and late breaking. She had two Dr's appointments she had to cancel behind this lastest surgery. One was with the surgeon that did the mastectomy and the other was the oncologist. They are all rescheduled for next week.

Tyme2fish

Commander

Ehenry and Donna, I can understand the torment you are going through.Believe in God and I'll keep you both in my prayers.

aspeck

Staff member

You and Donna are in my thoughts and prayers ...

ehenry

Commander
Re: Say a prayer for my wife......UPDATED

Re: Say a prayer for my wife......UPDATED

The plasic surgeon has released her to start her chemo treatments. She will take her first treatment tomorrow the 16th.

She will have to take 8 treatments over a period of 16 weeks.

Again, Thank you all for the thoughts and prayers. Keep em coming cause this is where it gets tough on her.

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

Thanks for the update, hope all goes well........:):):)

OldMercsRule

Captain

Health is a precious thing: E Henry! Prayers for you and Donna and your family. God's speed. JR

stevieray

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Hope everything works out well for the both of you, e.