Say a prayer for my wife......

ehenry

Commander
Re: Say a prayer for my wife......UPDATED 9-26-07

Re: Say a prayer for my wife......UPDATED 9-26-07

Good Morning everyone. Tomorrow will mark number four of eight chemo treatments for my wife. When we got this chcemo thing figured out the throw us a curve. When she takes her 5th treatment it will be different chemical and will also take longer to administer. They way it is now she can take her treatment in about 4.5 hours. This new treatment will take almost 8 hours.

At the last treatment we did get some good news in that she may not have to take a shot that she's been taking 24 housr after the main treatment. This shot is to keep her white blod cell count up and it really kicks her in the teeth. it make all her long bones hurt and also her spine and she says its as bad or worse than laying in the bed hurling her guts up from the chemo.

So far she's trooping right through it. She'll take her treatment and the 3rd day after the threatment is the worst by the 5th or 6th day she's back where she can eat and keep things down and by the 7th day she goes back to work for a half day and by the 8th days she' s back to hitting on all eight.

At the last doctors visit the doctor was really suprised that she still had some hair on her head. He figured she'd be slam bald but right now she's got a Ben Franklin hair do. She really taking it in stride. Her spirits are good.

Thanks for all the prayers from every one.Please dont stop sending them.

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner
Re: Say a prayer for my wife......

You got 'em....:)
Thanks for the update......;)

OldMercsRule

Captain

Prayers for you yer wife and yer family on the way! JR

QC

Supreme Mariner

All over it!

LadyFish

Admiral

Half way there EF, we'll continue to keep her in our thoughts and prayers. I'm sure this is rough on the entire family. Our best to all.

IOSLVR

Seaman

Chemo SUCKS!! I'm a cancer survivor EF and alot of what she's going through sounds exactly like what happened to me. From having the port to giving myself the shot for the cell count to being down for a good week. Ya'll can do this. Stay strong and keep the faith. Prayers for you and Donna!

mainexile

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thoughts and prayers coming to Donna and you. My 36-year old daughter had a cancerous lump removed four years ago and underwent chemo, but the beast returned and now she has stage IV breast cancer - it's only a matter of time now. May you and your wife beat the beast and have many more happy years together.

Steve

aspeck

Staff member

More prayers on the way! Good news!

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

Sound good, thanks for the update ehenry, continued prayers for Donna and the entire family.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Hang in there.... you two have not left our prayers....

Dont forget that by far most women that get this survive. They are really good at stoping most breast cancers now. Ive been in your shoes several times ........try to relax and let the doctors take control.

ehenry

Commander
Re: Say a prayer for my wife......11-14-07

One chemo treatment left, yall.

She took one last Friday so she's still at the house feeling like a garbage truck hit her then backed up on her. Her spirits are still good, she still has a little hair left on her head but she's really thinking about getting it all peeled off after the last treatment.

I'll tell yall what I got up my sleeve for her to celebrate being done with the chemo after she takes the last one.

Yall keep those prayers coming we're hearing everyone of them.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Good deal eh, prayers are still coming to Mississippi.

beerrun

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Glad to hear shes doing so well. Keeping her spirits up is so important. Good luck with the rest of it. Please keep us updated.

domains

Banned

About 3 months ago,i saw a google video on shock treatment( tryed to find forget link) scientist talked about shocking the wrist veins with electric shocks,like muscle relaxants. For 3 weeks, he stated it cures all viruses..he even said government tested this but needs 10-15 years of screening it. lot of money in pills no money in this. I tryed it for 3 days and had a bowl of only liquid like he said would happen. One i got is called "Neuromuscular stimulator"

Just a shot in the dark. god bless.

Not same link but talks about it.

http://www.rifeforum.com/links/showlink.php?catid=2&do=showdetails&l=23

D

DJ

I'm way late on this but you've got it.

QC

Supreme Mariner

Yup. Sounding good!! Keep her spirits up.