Restoring a 1990 Larson

todhunter

Canoeist
Man I'm jealous of where you live...at least in the warm months! I've spent a week of vacation at a cabin on Keuka Lake about a decade ago - what a beautiful place. Also had some training near Cayuga Lake so got to see some of that too. Not sure my thin blood could handle those winters, though!

Glad your build is still treating you well.

Meames1

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Man I'm jealous of where you live...at least in the warm months! I've spent a week of vacation at a cabin on Keuka Lake about a decade ago - what a beautiful place. Also had some training near Cayuga Lake so got to see some of that too. Not sure my thin blood could handle those winters, though!

Glad your build is still treating you well.
The winter's are becoming less and less fun the more I age. That's why I hole up in the garage and do a project every year, LOL.

kcon

Petty Officer 1st Class
Wow, just read through this (been a while since I've logged on here) and the quality of work vs. amount of time you got it done in is seriously impressive. I like to think I did good work on my build, but god damn it took a few years! Great job, hope you enjoy it this summer!

Also: Greetings fellow New York boater!

Meames1

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Wow, just read through this (been a while since I've logged on here) and the quality of work vs. amount of time you got it done in is seriously impressive. I like to think I did good work on my build, but god damn it took a few years! Great job, hope you enjoy it this summer!

Also: Greetings fellow New York boater!
Thanks ! I actually read through your thread this am when I saw it popped up on "new threads" as you began posting again. I really like your boat and build too. I see you're further downstate. My wife grew up in Warwick, up near Middletown.

kcon

Petty Officer 1st Class
Thanks ! I actually read through your thread this am when I saw it popped up on "new threads" as you began posting again. I really like your boat and build too. I see you're further downstate. My wife grew up in Warwick, up near Middletown.
Nice! I'm in the Newburgh area not to far from there.

Though it's a bit of a hike for you, boating on the Hudson River is spectacular. Been wanting to get my boat on Lake George one of these years though!

My boat was a hell of a project, I absolutely love this thing though, perfect size to go on adventures and just sip fuel all day long.

Meames1

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Nice! I'm in the Newburgh area not to far from there.

Though it's a bit of a hike for you, boating on the Hudson River is spectacular. Been wanting to get my boat on Lake George one of these years though!

My boat was a hell of a project, I absolutely love this thing though, perfect size to go on adventures and just sip fuel all day long.
Nice, we camp once a year in Lake George with family. Maybe we'll have enough time to haul the boat up with us.

Meames1

Petty Officer 2nd Class
And here is where all the late nights and lost weekends all make sense.
Camped over the Memorial Day weekend at a 1,110 acre COE lake. My two sons (21 & 16) both learned how to wakeboard and we had some fun fishing.
My boys are persistent if not kinda nuts, the weather was crap and the water couldn't have been much above 48 degrees. Fun times, makes it all worth while.

Oh, and the boat sat docked for 3 days and not a drop of water in the bilge.

Attachments

• 20200606_180642.jpg
    20200606_180642.jpg
    7.5 MB · Views: 33
  • 20210530_101200.jpg
    20210530_101200.jpg
    5.8 MB · Views: 33
  • 20210530_145402.jpg
    20210530_145402.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 31
  • 20210531_120404.jpg
    20210531_120404.jpg
    349.9 KB · Views: 30

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral
Awesome! That's really what it's all about! Nice work and I hope you and your family enjoy the boat for a long, long time!

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
And here is where all the late nights and lost weekends all make sense.
Camped over the Memorial Day weekend at a 1,110 acre COE lake. My two sons (21 & 16) both learned how to wakeboard and we had some fun fishing.
My boys are persistent if not kinda nuts, the weather was crap and the water couldn't have been much above 48 degrees. Fun times, makes it all worth while.

Oh, and the boat sat docked for 3 days and not a drop of water in the bilge.
Thats awesome! Good for you and the family. Hard work does pay off in the end!

Meames1

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Haven't been on here much as we've been doing a lot of camping and boating at places with no cell service :)
Quick update on the Boat. It has been running flawlessly ! After 4 outings I changed the oil and filter, lashed the valves (as required by rebuilder), adjusted the shift plate, added fuel, and that's it. Strictly guessing, but I'd say we have somewhere around 48-60 hrs. on the rebuild and we couldn't be happier. I sure hope this hasn't jinxed us, lol.
Anyway, the boat is put away for a few weekends as we travel in the RV to NH for a week with to visit family.
Keep plugging away on the rebuilds guys, the rewards in family time alone are worth it.

Attachments

• 20210730_202617.jpg
    20210730_202617.jpg
    197.7 KB · Views: 21
  • VideoCapture_20210730-122116.jpg
    VideoCapture_20210730-122116.jpg
    517.2 KB · Views: 21

buxmj

Petty Officer 1st Class
Congrats on the rebuild and splash! Thanks for the inspiration during the rebuild to keep me going on mine. Beautiful result.

Buck.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Wow another outstanding restoration I have missed out on following !
I gotta start paying more attention to the forum threads ..
I miss out on all the cool stuff going on ! Congrats on the splash !
Well done !!!