Rehab SportCraft 222 1983 deep V hull cuddy walkaround

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
So went out and installed a Moeller # 35722-10 electric fuel tank sender.
191800927020_1.jpg

It has of course a connection for sender to gauge and ground. My question is my tank does not have a tab on it for
bond/ground like the newer tanks I see. So do I need to add a tab and wire for bond or am I grounding the tank also which needs to be ran to fuel fill to stop static issues.
Can I piggyback off of the sender?
This is not my tank but you can see the separate tab I am referring to. It is separate from sending unit.
Thanks.
DC electric is challenge for me at the moment. I've been reading my nuggs off about it.

3490201_700x700.jpg

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
So went out and installed a Moeller # 35722-10 electric fuel tank sender.[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/thumbs.ebaystatic.com\/d\/l500\/pict\/191800927020_1.jpg"**[/IMG2]

It has of course a connection for sender to gauge and ground. My question is my tank does not have a tab on it for
bond/ground like the newer tanks I see. So do I need to add a tab and wire for bond or am I grounding the tank also which needs to be ran to fuel fill to stop static issues.
Can I piggyback off of the sender?
This is not my tank but you can see the separate tab I am referring to. It is separate from sending unit.
Thanks.
DC electric is challenge for me at the moment. I've been reading my nuggs off about it.

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/www.northerntool.com\/images\/product\/700x700\/349\/3490201_700x700.jpg"**[/IMG2]

Yuppitty yup. Read #1568 above, Thanks.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
What????????/ you asked a grounding and bond question in the same paragraph?
What's wrong with you? An aluminum tank? Check the sticky notes that don't have photobucket links anymore.
OK. Will do.

zool

Captain
I'd answer your wiring ? Kev if I knew the answer......the only thing i screw up more than DC wiring is carbs....

froggy1150

Master Chief Petty Officer
So I believe you should have 4 things... 1. A ground from tank to the fill cap to prevent static spark. 2. A ground from tank to boats negitive electrical circuit to complete the level sender circuit. 3 signal from sender to Guage . 4. A ground from tank / negative circuit to a zinc for electrolysis. I don't think it matters how the zinc is connected as long as it's used.
the connection on the tank needs to be good with some surface area contact. Tabs are best because you throw a Bolt in and torque without fear.... because you have no tab you could use an extra hose clamp on the fill pipe on the tank. Put connector on wire and shove under clamp and tighten. Leave enough room to put fill hose on with 2 more clamps. Tie all neg/ground wires and run them where they need to go

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Damn... Thanks Froggy. That is exactly what I was looking to hear. That eliminates a lot of confusion.
Thanks again!:D froggy 1150