Rehab SportCraft 222 1983 deep V hull cuddy walkaround

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
On mine I only turn it up a 1/4 notch....Go figure. I found it was put in private, then I placed in public.
Thanks for the feedback Eric.

zool

Captain
Looks like the water is all draining out nicely now Kev!.....

BTW, who's the dork you found to narrate that vid? :D

zool

Captain
Ha!..thats good...

So was the tank filled with foam too, or just the mesh?.....the volume was too low for me to hear too.

Im assuming the other inlet tube is for running water thru the mesh with foam completely filled on top..

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
2# Foam and the mesh. Kinda figured to being too redundant to show expanding foam but I have those pics also.
The other outlet would be connecting to or from the next underdeck compartment. They all are interconnected/ tied together to the bilge hence 24/7 drainage and aeration bow to stern and/or compartments of concern.
Come summer I'll have to get a small boat and demonstrate all compartments linked together.
I'll have to up to your place 1 day and see whats ya got laying around. Budget ya know. :D

zool

Captain
Come summer I'll have to get a small boat and demonstrate all compartments linked together.

Just take a few pieces of plywood and tack together a small triangle hull with compartments, paint it with rustoleum and fill the chambers with foam, that will be a real world boat test.

jerzy54

Recruit
Hi Kev, the video looks really good, you had all water out that for sure and with the boat moving due to gravity you will defiantly get 99.9% out. The only troubled thing is how wet is the foam after water is drained out and with the compartment sealed how this foam will dry out to prevent the moisture to compromise the fiberglass. If like in your case, epoxy is used that doesn’t create that much a problem, but with poly that could be another story. Just my thinking.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
I have a boat laying around for a demo .. You’ll need to do some grinding before you install the new stringers and transom though .. Don’t worry I have some tools you can borrow to knock it out ... :D
Seems to be draining well ! You may be on to something !

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Hi Kev, the video looks really good, you had all water out that for sure and with the boat moving due to gravity you will defiantly get 99.9% out. The only troubled thing is how wet is the foam after water is drained out and with the compartment sealed how this foam will dry out to prevent the moisture to compromise the fiberglass. If like in your case, epoxy is used that doesn’t create that much a problem, but with poly that could be another story. Just my thinking.

The beauty is the poured foam is it's encased in my foam and albeit the poured foam is called "closed" cell. The overall concept is the poured foam is not sitting in "trapped" water anymore to deteriorate it. Regardless of poly or EEpppoooxxxy application. We have water and air movement throughout.
The other benefit hardly understood is that now there is complete aeration in the underdeck compartments. Aeration promotes evaporation.This has never been achieved before with poared foam.
Thank you for you questions, keep em coming. :D
This has been getting developed for over 5 years.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
I have a boat laying around for a demo .. You’ll need to do some grinding before you install the new stringers and transom though .. Don’t worry I have some tools you can borrow to knock it out ... :D
Seems to be draining well ! You may be on to something !

Sam
I would take you up on that. I'll need a couple of weeks down there then get to work. Maybe.

89 resorter

Petty Officer 1st Class
KC, we had 4" this morning on this end of the state but most melted through the day. We had really bad winds on Sunday and Monday so I'm sure my daughter's pontoon will no longer be covered and piled with snow when we get to our camp tonight...... The Century should be safe and sound inside my building (where she had hopped her pontoon would be stored).