Rehab SportCraft 222 1983 deep V hull cuddy walkaround

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
I needed to build a platform to support the baitwell. Around 2" gap from keel stringer to base of baitwell. The other day I stood in it after doing some work and it bounces/flexes too much. I made some ply for the support. Wood gave me a suggestion to use to form the slight bevel corners. His recommendation is to use a hammer on the glass at the edges to help make the glass contour. I used it and worked pretty well. I let the glass rest on the ply and rubbed down the edges then tapped w/a hammer. Seemed to conform easier after wetted out. Woodonglass thanks.
First day with some daylight no rain for @ 2 weeks.
I'll need to do thsame thing with the 2 fishwells. For them I will use foam and glass over that to help reduce weight.
Cheers!

Click image for larger version  Name:	BW 1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	439.1 KB ID:	10576374
And now the boat is finished hahahah not!.........Thanks Mike!
Click image for larger version  Name:	eastern248 calm.JPG Views:	1 Size:	28.6 KB ID:	10576379

Still have some bubbleitis to remove but not as dramatic as I thought it would be. :D

Attachments

• BW 1.jpg
    BW 1.jpg
    439.1 KB · Views: 1
  • BWw 2.jpg
    BWw 2.jpg
    565.2 KB · Views: 1
  • BW  3.jpg
    BW 3.jpg
    505.9 KB · Views: 1
  • BW  4.jpg
    BW 4.jpg
    513.9 KB · Views: 1

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
oldrem And heavy, so that's why I'll try use form for the fishwells.Sorry to hear about the grinding cup getting into your biz. Ouch says I.
1 for the books real fast. I had a fella working with me. He left the grinder in lock mode.
I was inside the cuddy, plugged in the grinder ans that chopped my ankle wide open with the metal blade.
Stuff happens.:faint2:

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
we use 4" grinders all the time at work i found the best ones were the milwalkee with the paddle for handle and no one is allowed to touch the lock i even pull some out because of accidents lol

oldrem

Commander
Worst I did was on a bench grinder. Hand slipped and it ground a v-notch into the end of my thumb to the tip of the bone.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
TGIF!! Got into the deck this morning after work, let's call it a dry run fit. Screwed down a bunch to feel it out. Not to bad. Still have a little trimming and fitting.
I need to order some access floor panels. Might go stainless over pvc. We'll see. Did not do over the tank ply.

deck 1.jpgdeck 2.jpgdeck 3.jpg

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
SCORE!!
My neighbor had some left overs from work at hs country club and left them for me. Bunch of csm and glass sheets x 1/8".
Thats great cause I have areas I can use it for shims and leveling.

SCORE.jpg

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
So in regards to the transom, battery hatch and self bailing drains.
The drains were concealed left and right behind the transom sides and in accessible. I'm going to move them out where I show them with alot of modifications.
That being said then create a battery hatch that is elevated above floor to prevent water entry. Poop happens. This will really require some layout planning and staged work. At the end of the day I don't ever want to do this again so do it right!
transom 1.jpgtransom 2.jpgtransom 3.jpg