Re-upholstery Job on Cruisers Yacht 338 Bowrider

Status
Not open for further replies.

tpenfield

Staff member
Quick Update . . .

I've ordered most everything in terms of fabric and supplies. I did have to go with the Spradling Beluga 'Pure White' instead of the Nautolex Cetacea 'White Wave'. Nautolex is harder to come by it seems. I also had to switch suppliers on a couple of items as the initial supplier was out of stock.

FWIW and anyone doing similar work, these are the online retailers that I got material from. . .
  • Your Auto Trim
  • Decorative Fabrics Direct
  • Fabric.com
  • Albright's Supply
  • CSC Textiles
  • Sailrite
I did manage to save a few $100 from my original estimated cost due to some free shipping and better pricing. . . Although I do tend to favor better performing suppliers over price.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Quick Update . . .

I've ordered most everything in terms of fabric and supplies. I did have to go with the Spradling Beluga 'Pure White' instead of the Nautolex Cetacea 'White Wave'. Nautolex is harder to come by it seems. I also had to switch suppliers on a couple of items as the initial supplier was out of stock.

FWIW and anyone doing similar work, these are the online retailers that I got material from. . .
  • Your Auto Trim
  • Decorative Fabrics Direct
  • Fabric.com
  • Albright's Supply
  • CSC Textiles
  • Sailrite
I did manage to save a few $100 from my original estimated cost due to some free shipping and better pricing. . . Although I do tend to favor better performing suppliers over price.
Did Latdy get you a price on the logos?

tpenfield

Staff member
Quick Update . . .

Much of the vinyl has arrived, still waiting on the white, and a few other items. I have been surprised at how quickly the items have arrived, given the time of year.

tpenfield

Staff member
Here is what the rear seat will look like with the diamond quilting and embroidered logo . . .
Upholstery-Logo-Quilting-1.png

Scott Danforth

Staff member
Looks like the logo embroidery will be fairly low in cost. I'll be able to get 4 of the CY logos embroidered into the vinyl for under $100.

Thanks @Scott Danforth for the lead.
Latdy emailed me and said she recognized the logo. glad I could help

tpenfield

Staff member
I did some more disassembly of the seating and the sidewall and helm trim. I was thinking the sidewall trim was going to be a real PITA to remove, but it is actually held on with automotive-type insert fasteners.

IMG_2640.JPG
IMG_2641.JPG
IMG_2643.JPG
IMG_2645.JPG
The fastening for the seat is pretty much standard fair for boat seating . . . 'Z brackets' and hold-down straps for the seat backs and double hinge plates for the seat bases.

I also took a look at the rear seat actuator, which seems to have failed, but it actually works, once I removed it for testing. So, it probably is a wiring issue. The actuator itself is very rusty, which some rust-removal and POR-15 paint should remedy.

alldodge

Staff member
Just like a few kids on Christmas, start taking the toy apart before you ever played with it :ROFLMAO: :cool:

Scott Danforth

Staff member
Now is the time to add the heat pads to the seats

poconojoe

Lieutenant Commander
I commend you for your talent and knowledge!
That is some undertaking!

Status
Not open for further replies.