PROJECT ~ JEZABEL 23' Sleekcraft Executive ~ Turbo Restore ~ Tons of pics

system-f

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: PROJECT ~ JEZABEL 23' Sleekcraft Executive ~ Turbo Restore ~ Tons of pics

One of the guys who hangs out with us sells boats and owns a repair shop. The other day I went to get some parts for my Glastron and he has a Sleekcraft Executive (same color) with a 460 Berkley jet (I would get rid of the jet). There is no way I could get a second boat, but I am in love with the Hull design and if he were to maybe part it out and sell just the hull.... What is the wake going to be like on this boat?

I can't wait to see this thing in the water. Take some pictures of the wake please.

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

LOL Bill its almost 3PM here and in the low 70's I am waiting for the 40^ temps at night next week to kick in the Furnace season :D. Thje barstool is in my garage so I am not actually sitting in a bar although with the wonderfull AC season we had here not a bad idea LOL. We had temps in the 70's here for the month of July should have been high 90's :eek:.

Rick

I know the feeling, ironically though I have spent my summer doing commercial boilers in apartment buildings and installing building automation systems. wana see something cool? www.hvaclive.net click on see systems operating live!
I remote manage buildings. this is what has been paying the bills lately.
Its a java app so it takes a bit to load the first time you visit it.

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant

One of the guys who hangs out with us sells boats and owns a repair shop. The other day I went to get some parts for my Glastron and he has a Sleekcraft Executive (same color) with a 460 Berkley jet (I would get rid of the jet). There is no way I could get a second boat, but I am in love with the Hull design and if he were to maybe part it out and sell just the hull.... What is the wake going to be like on this boat?

I can't wait to see this thing in the water. Take some pictures of the wake please.

Hi SystemF
thanks...yes I will take a video once we get it on the water

I need to take some more pics and videos anyways, just finished repairing the drain hole that someone rigged in the bilge....all patched up...now I have to sand and gel coat the repair area.... started working on a few dings that were in the gel on the bottom edge of the transom exterior while I was near the area too.... took pics before and during...

sitting on a bar stool at 12:30 what about all those needing A/C :eek:

Rick is the big boss, what he doesnt tell ya is that he has 57 guys out there bustin chops while he tinkers on his boat !!!:eek: jus kiddin

Looking good Vegas,
Wow, and I thought my grocery list was long
looking at your list I see your bilge pump was epoxyed in. The geniuses that installed the one in my boat had screwed it straight through the bottom of my boat, with 4" wood screws clean out the uderside of the boat :eek:

Keep up the great work

HVAC Bill....Thanks and that 4 screws through the hull ordeal BLOWS....wow what yahoo's! hope it wasnt your father in law who prev owned the boat!
I tell ya if ya want somethin' done atleast half-*****ed..ya gotta do it yourself...
you guys oughta see the poliglow transformation...Ill take asome video before it is all done so there is some BEFORE and AFTER areas.....

Vegas

PS altered the one phot that had my 3 yr olds butt :eek: showing past a before shot of the eng and interior...BLACKED it out....should be all good now! (naked kid alert!)

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant
Re: PROJECT ~ JEZABEL 23' Sleekcraft Executive ~ NEW VIDEO POST

Heres a direct link to the video of the wife adding the poliglow gelcoat restorer.....works great! Iboats should carry this product!
http://lasvegaspix.com/projects/sleekvideo/poliglow.wmv :D

heres an alternative, it in a webpage on this link, 3rd video down...press stop on 1rst video, then play on 3rd video for the poliglow video
http://lasvegaspix.com/projects/sleekvideo/index.html :D

TojosMojo

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Wow, that poly glow looks great!

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

Heres a direct link to the video of the wife adding the poliglow gelcoat restorer.....works great! Iboats should carry this product!
http://lasvegaspix.com/projects/sleekvideo/poliglow.wmv :D

heres an alternative, it in a webpage on this link, 3rd video down...press stop on 1rst video, then play on 3rd video for the poliglow video
http://lasvegaspix.com/projects/sleekvideo/index.htm :D

Hey Vegas,
Just a heads up, Your alterative link http://lasvegaspix.com/projects/sleekvideo/index.htm seems to be broken.

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant

Hey Vegas,
Just a heads up, Your alterative link http://lasvegaspix.com/projects/sleekvideo/index.html seems to be broken.

Thanks bill, its FIXED now
, didn't have the L on html extension fixed it THANKS for the heads up!
(I normally double check everything but that was a RUSH up on the web

racinrc14

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Wow that stuff really works. I wonder what it would do on really faded gelcoat.

Rickairmedic

Commander

Vegas that stuff is pretty amazing I might even have to give it a shot on one of my Glass boats.

Rick

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant

ok im must be in a blabbery mood (or I'm too tired!) because this addition to the post is running on and on! plus theres some people want LOTS of info so here ya go!

Well....she's getting closer to water! I will install the engine box, add a switchable dome light in there in tomorrow (no sense in workin on an engine in the dark!) and also the jump seats are going in (since were done with the engine compartment now)...., and......... the wife sprung for a better captains chair ...early birthday present! turning 42! time flies!!!!!! found a nice one that is COMFY for $120 looks better than the Office space chair I was going to use....I really liked that chair too! see pics when posted :eek: :D
got 6 new WHITE cup holders... should match the interior ....those are for all the beer cans!....got those at a local marine supply

Replaced all of the heater hosing to the water headers tonight....replaced the bilge hose, replaced the bilge blower, replaced the bilge exit fitting for the bilge water pump too....that was jerry rigged by PO they had 1/2' bilge exit with 3/4" hose crumpled on there! lets pump water only to have it come back in the boat! PEOPLE....leave the repairs to someone who does it right! or atleast tries to do it right!

what I did the Day before = repairs.Hole patches and big chips in gel coat repairs.....removed the PO drain dohickey they rigged, grindered with a new 80 grit flap disc on my trusty ANGLE GRINDER! so the repair areas were 1 to 12 dished out on the exterior of the hull.also sanded with 100 grit hull area where gel coat is going...and sanded fairing down....
then I .took a small piece of construction plastic, added 3 layers of circular random strand fiberglass mat...poly resined it...and placed it up under the hull where the "drain" hole was it was about a 1/4' hole thru the hull..going straight down...not out back like normal!...anyways...used an old garbage can and some other stuff to hold the new fiberglass patch flat and tight to the hull
used fiberglass patch up to fix a couple chips and dings while I was in the area.....sanded all that faired out nice! cleaned area with acetone...

put the gel coat on my "day before" repairs today too......double coat...then waxed it with turtle wax after it got tacky...didnt have the PVA mold release WHOOPS!...hardened up fine though....still hafta sand it, polish and wax it...

heading to the lake today (after I go to bed and wake up it is 2am), might be one of the last few times for swimming this season, supposed to get alot cooler next week..should be 100deg with 80 deg water atleast...SWEEEEEET maybye catch a few fish too!

cant say too many times that the poli glow gel coat restorer worked like a champ...check out the video if you havent...on my earlier posts...shows how good it works...we will see how long and good it lasts next....we already waxed it event though ya don't hafta...real slick now!

looking at LED lighting for the main areas in the boat....low draw...use LEDs in our RV and can last forever on battery.....I like alot of light...on demand... nothing worse than a dark deck and cant find something...thinking RED leds on this project..not sure...Ill post some pics in the AM over cofee...too pooped out to do that now...CHEERS!

will post pics in AM

Rickairmedic

Commander

Vegas sounds like your moving right along with this one :D will look forward to the Pics . Gonna go check your other Resto now LOL.

Rick

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant
Re: PROJECT ~ JEZABEL 23' Sleekcraft Executive ~ NEW PHOTOS

Re: PROJECT ~ JEZABEL 23' Sleekcraft Executive ~ NEW PHOTOS

2 more folders worth of pics....last week at the lake pics, gel coat repairing, bilge area work, new captains seat and more

http://www.lasvegaspix.com/projects/sleekcraft3/

http://www.lasvegaspix.com/projects/sleekcraft4/
===================================
older photo albums below
http://www.lasvegaspix.com/projects/sleekcraft2/

http://www.lasvegaspix.com/projects/sleekcraft1/
VIDEOS HERE --> http://www.lasvegaspix.com/projects/sleekcraftvideos/
fiberglass repair for PO cheesball drain hole...
bilge-and-Gelcoatrepairs%20(20).jpg

holding the repair in place
bilge-and-Gelcoatrepairs%20(19).jpg

here it is applied
bilge-and-Gelcoatrepairs%20(10).jpg

in the bilge area, this is the old "drain hole"
bilge-and-Gelcoatrepairs%20(24).jpg

drain hole repair in bilge area----after fiberglass ...whan it was dry we painted it aluminum color
bilge-and-Gelcoatrepairs%20(12).jpg

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant

bilge area front of bilge towards BOW....had a pinhole leak in it, wood was a little wet, we drilled into it, let it dry a week, then did some fixin........
bilge-and-Gelcoatrepairs%20(29).jpg

glass cloth layed in pre cut....
bilge-and-Gelcoatrepairs%20(27).jpg

all poly resined in....hafta find the painted pics....complete afters
bilge-and-Gelcoatrepairs%20(25).jpg

heres a couple repairs on the gel
bilge-and-Gelcoatrepairs%20(15).jpg

see that screw, it was to plug a pinhole,, jeez what a great job they did! lol
after this pic we re-went over the entire area with fiberglass repairs....and faired it sanded it etc...Im missing some pics sorry...iLL FIND EM!
bilge-and-Gelcoatrepairs%20(9).jpg

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant

New seat, thanks to the wife Happy birthday me!
jezabel%20(10).jpg

here's a great shot AFTER
jezabel%20(13).jpg

BEFORE
SleecraftExecutive-012.jpg

new bilge blower and blower hose, SANO
jezabel%20(8).jpg

bew bilge exit fitting
jezabel%20(7).jpg

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant

jezabel%20(12).jpg

jezabel%20(10).jpg

jezabel%20(9).jpg

jezabel%20(14).jpg

new gel coat WHITE covering up the repairs.....need to sand it all down with 400grit 600 then polish it out....
IMG_1908.jpg

TojosMojo

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Oh now that seat really compliments the rest of the work you've done to the console area, that steering wheel turned out real nice also (I want it, lol). I give your wife a big thumbs up on the present!

wrfalpacas

Chief Petty Officer

Vegas,

Just read this thread. WOW:eek: That is gonna beone bad a** Party machine!:D You are doin Jimmy Buffett proud:D

Landscaping Wiz 808

Chief Petty Officer

Vegas,

Just read this thread. WOW:eek: That is gonna beone bad a** Party machine!:D You are doin Jimmy Buffett proud:D

Agreed! I'm definitely digging the boat, left handed steering and all!:D

Maybe I missed it, but are you planning on installing some sort of separator for the cabin area? Maybe something like a roll down canvas would work.

BOB

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant

Vegas,

wrfalpacas hi
thanks mon' !! Too bad this isn't a sea plane eh?

hmmm...if we ever do another sleek like this one, plans are calling for cutting a bow opening up frt where the cuddy sleep area is, since that is kinda cramped not very roomy, would make a cool walk through boat like the new high end ones....could even keep the cutout part and adapt it for a "hardtop" enclosure....fiberglass it down, add some seat backs and p3 inch padded seating...etc lots of beer holders
I would also add 2 windows to the frt angle dohickeys, so the inside passengers can see fwd.......

Oh now that seat really compliments the rest of the work you've done to the console area, that steering wheel turned out real nice also (I want it, lol). I give your wife a big thumbs up on the present!

Hey Tojo.....thanks! Giving her the ol thumbs up right now!

Agreed! I'm definitely digging the boat, left handed steering and all!:D
Maybe I missed it, but are you planning on installing some sort of separator for the cabin area? Maybe something like a roll down canvas would work.
BOB

Hi Bob
no separator planned just yet, though that roll down heavy canvas or similar would work like a charm and hide out of the way during the day...I like that idea!

being as it is soooo hot here most of the time, cooling down is the major issue!....plans for a 12v fan, LCD dvd drop down tv (small car type) some LED or neon lighting and other such stuff

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant

Hi everyone...well we installed the interior, bolted it all in, did a final cleanup, and tested out all the seating, pretty comfy now! 42 new pics......HERE...

Here's an overview photo of the semi temporary interior installed........
IMG_1957.jpg

here's the small windscreen...took it off and scrubbed all the dust and dirt off...cleaned the rubber trim up...need to re-install it yet
IMG_1934.jpg

heres the view from the tight cuddy sleeping area......10mm lens used ultra wide
IMG_1944.jpg

an angular interior shot..........
IMG_1951.jpg

Here's a side shot of the captains seat....yeah we opted for a real boating seat..Birthday present from the wife THANKS HONEY!
...yes it ISN'T as comfy as that old office chair was ... and it doesn't have a decent lean back angle...I like to RELAX big time on our boat!!! lol
and yea I like the little box the wife made, stores clutter, I can put my feet up there so they aren't hanging in the air since the seat box is 22" high plus the seat itself rises me up another 4"
I aint THAT tall! but like to see over the bow well...soooo....its real high! Got it all hangin out in the wind!
IMG_1950.jpg

Last edited: