PROJECT ~ JEZABEL 23' Sleekcraft Executive ~ Turbo Restore ~ Tons of pics

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant
Re: PROJECT ~ JEZABEL 23' Sleekcraft Executive ~ Turbo Restore ~ Tons of pics

WOW she is looking Sweet a real looker ! The drive looks Awesome. Really looks like she lives up to the name SleekCraft. Im waitin to see pics of a 50 cal emerging up from the cuddy and James bond behind the Wheel :D

Huron Angler

Admiral

Vegas the rig looks great! That bright white outdrive just looks right on there and the whole thing looks ready to carve a nice wake:D

Can't wait to see some shots of her on the water and some video to:)

BobsGlasstream

Commander

Hey vegas,
The sleek really looks sweet.
Great job man, you have turned it into a real Gem.

Bob

sprintst

Commander
Re: PHOTO UPDATE JEZABEL 23' Sleekcraft Executive ~ outdrive INTALLED

Re: PHOTO UPDATE JEZABEL 23' Sleekcraft Executive ~ outdrive INTALLED

Yo. Just went over some of the pics. The boat and trailer are looking great. You and your wife are a great team.

PS. I've got to come down there with a pellet gun and we can do some spider hunting. Those things are huge.

Friscoboater

Captain

I am sorry to hear about the Poli Glo, but I was afraid of that. I am so glad i did the wetsanding thing on my boat. It is keep it's shine. I cannot wait to see that boat on the water. You guys have done so much and you should be proud.

BobsGlasstream

Commander

Hey Vegas,
Have you got a date for the splash down yet. It looks like you are really getting close.
Don't forget the pic's.
Bob

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

That boat looks awesome and I can't wait to see it on the water. Great work!

lowkee

Lieutenant Commander

Vegas, that is one amazing boat! What a killer job you did on it. That outdrive is the prettiest one I've ever seen! Do they even look that nice when new? Your thread has been a joy to read and follow. I use it as a means to jab my wife into helping with "our" restore. I think I've finally won out, thanks to you and your girl :)

Don't forget the launching video! Screw the pics, we want VIDEO! :D

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant

Thanks Lowkee! that really means alot :) aw shucks!
they use a more matte finish off white....

we went with some Dupont single stage automotive catalyzed arctic white that we had bought for trailer painting.... it matches the interior of the boat atleast...lol

Get the wife onboard!

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant

That boat looks awesome and I can't wait to see it on the water. Great work!

Thanks Bob and EZ....
my daughters birthday is today so not sure if I can make the DMV nightmare happen but Ill try! that way we can taker her for a joy ride....it hit 55 degrees yesterday! lot warmer today....looking fwd to blasting thru some waves!:D

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant

we may have to start a club.......I've been looking for a 26'.....bet there is one in the shop this winter! :eek:

that'd be sweet Arch!

I might be buying one of these soon Vegas......looked at one today
just like yours but it had two Windows facing forward and it also had a jet drive sticking out the back....if I buy it, I'll send up some pics

Dj go for it...I bet these bigger boats eat up the gas tho....bring yer checkbook!:eek:

Huron Angler

Admiral

Looking good Vegas...hey what's with the wood grain pattern on the stern?

Looks great is it a fake wood pattern?

Miranda

Cadet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faZ2BUn9_B8

VIDEO CLICK LINK ABOVE-----------------------

Hey yall VEGASPHOTOMAN here...
I logged in on my wifes computer so I could post the YOUTUBE video....my compurters been having issues with uploading to YOUTUBE

VIDEO of the outdrive run up , some wet sanding and polishing... clanking the outdrive into gear ...testing the sea water pump in a large vat of water etc

etc.... we got the title and tags for the trailer from the DMV yesterday.....putting the DOW stickers on the boat today (boat numbers) fixe dthe bad tail light....

all we have left is to install the stereo/amp/speakers.....add the second biulge pump, make up a tool kit just in case of any breakdowns.....re-install the engine cover and jump seats.....and tow her down to the water!

I have to work today on clients images....and do a shot tonight (10,000 sq ft house...we have to shoot the front...hope this forsaken Vegas wind calms p)down so we can wrap that job up and have a good memorial day weekend ON THE LAKE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faZ2BUn9_B8

VIDEO CLICK LINK ABOVE-----------------------

Miranda

Cadet

Looking good Vegas...hey what's with the wood grain pattern on the stern?

Looks great is it a fake wood pattern?

Hi Mike...it is beneath the clear gel coat....they worked hard apparently when this was built....did a good job...it must be some sort of screen printed woodgrain stuff laid under the gel or could be real wood laminate under the gel...I have no clue! in operson it is REAL hard to tell if it is fake or not...Im sure a few guys on the forums have grinded thru thier gel enough to find out what it is made of....

mrdjflores

Lieutenant Junior Grade

awesome!!!!!!!!!

Huron Angler

Admiral

Hi Mike...it is beneath the clear gel coat....they worked hard apparently when this was built....did a good job...it must be some sort of screen printed woodgrain stuff laid under the gel or could be real wood laminate under the gel...I have no clue! in operson it is REAL hard to tell if it is fake or not...Im sure a few guys on the forums have grinded thru thier gel enough to find out what it is made of....

Pretty interesting stuff there, thanks for the info Miranda:).

One more thing about the Sleek that is unique!

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant
Re: PROJECT ~ JEZABEL 23' Sleekcraft Executive ~ CHECKLIST UPDATE

Re: PROJECT ~ JEZABEL 23' Sleekcraft Executive ~ CHECKLIST UPDATE

Well, heres the TO DO list...............I'll double post this on the 1rst posting of this thread maybye later...and check em off as completed!. Last update MAY 28th 2010 11:40am PST

Must Do's or WANT to do's - GREEN indicates complete...Red needs to be done! before sea trials.............. Yellow is work in progress

-------BILGE / ENGINE
Clean and re-paint engine, polish chrome and exhaust COMPLETED
Replace all rubber hoses on engine COMPLETED
Compression test engine add marvel mystery oil to each cylinder before startup, replace spark plugs COMPLETED
Rebuild carb...adjust carb COMPLETED
Check ignition timing <completed runs like a top>
BILGE - fix holes that we drilled to air out the pinhole leak in the frt of the bilge separator plate (frt of bilge) COMPLETED
BILGE - remove prev owner installed jerry rigged drain hole ...will post pic of that one! also found a screw blocking a hole, fixed that while in there (back of transom)COMPLETED
BILGE - add second NEW bilge pump <may not do that>
BILGE - replace old bilge pump hose it is swellled a bit... COMPLETED but with a snag!
BILGE Install new bilge exit port (3/4") prev owner had 3/4 inch hose clamped down onto 1/2" fitting! nice having bilge water come back ini the boat when it leaks eh? COMPLETED drilled bigger hole...replaced bilge exit port with 3/4" new fitting
BILGE - old bilge pump clean and test (it's the cartridge kind and is epoxied in) - COMPLETED / WORKS
BILGE - Gel coat entire bilge area! or paint it since we started doing that. COMPLETED (painted it aluminum)
BILGE - oil bilge blower and re-test or REPLACE bilge blower COMPLETED replaced with new atwood inline turbo
Clean out fuel tanks and remove clean and reinstall fuel pickup tubes <COMPLETED>
Replace fuel filters/water separator/carb ffuel filter and add a throwaway fuel filter to fuel line....<COMPLETED>

-----------STERNDRIVE
Sterndrive - Test trim/lift hydraulics - COMPLETE / WORKS but has leak!
Sterndrive - Found leak at port trim cylinder! need a reseal kit or replace BOTH cylinders I will check it off = once I look into it or fix it<>
Sterndrive - Order NEW upper housing, Starboard trim sensor, orings & gaskets & recieve parts - COMPLETED
Sterndrive - Replace upper housing, inspect guts, replace seals, re-assemble upper unit, mate to lower unit - COMPLETED
Sterndrive - Strip and paint sterndrive and transom plate, gimbal Chrysler White! the ol' WHITE ANCHOR!!!! lol :eek: COMPLETED
outdrive is painted and installed!COMPLETED
[COLOR="Dark Orange"][/COLOR] Replace on trim sensor and install adjust both <We got the new sensor installed...have to add some special orings to seal em up and adjust em yet...TODAY>
Test outdrive and make sure sea water pump works and outdrive clanks into fwd and reverse ok <COMPLETED>

-----------INTERIOR
Strip out old interior[/B] and chocolate colored carpeting BARF!! COMPLETED
Manufacture new captains seat base / cooler stowage COMPLETED
Cover new seat base with scrap vinyl from prev project, paint with tan vinyl paint COMPLETED
Engine box / jump seats Recover vinyl as needed, paint to match using vinyl paint COMPLETED
Engine box / jump seats Install into boat / bolt in place COMPLETED
go out and eat mexican food [/B]in celebration of interior work done YEA! COMPLETED
Install stereo and speakers, custom stereo enclosre etc...test out with AC/DC music <COMPLETED>

-----------TRAILER
Replace blown tire <COMPLETED new to us used tires and rims (white ones) COMPLETED>
Replace both brake cylinder actuators<COMPLETED>
adjust trailer brakes and test... <COMPLETED>
Grease and inspect all wheel bearings <REPLACED all bearings and seals, new races>
Replace all wheel seals <COMPLETED>
add bearing buddies <Decided bearing buddies are not the way to go...deleted bearing buddies and added new caps COMPLETED>
Check trailer brake pads <sandblasted the hubs and brake drum/backing plate and repainted refurbished COMPLETED>
Double check trailer lighting <replaced one bad light....tested out COMPLETED>
Fabricate spare tire holder and install spare <COMPLETED>
[COLOR="Dark Orange"][/COLOR] Fabricate a bow stop and add a winch <got the parts now I just gotta fab em in and weld it up....>
fabricate or buy and install some trailer guide ons <>

---------COSMETICS
Poli-glow gelcoat restore the entire hull - COMPLETEDbut updated...we strippe dthe popliglow and wet sanded & power polished the upper deck looks WAY better now
Make wood lattice for deck drop down area (I want a flat deck) COMPLETED
Clean/Polish trailer wheels < COMPLETED >
Prep / Prime / Paint the whole trailer! <Got the paint the other day!>
Replace Bunk Carpeting <over the summer we will do this>
Repair a couple exterior gel coat chips and dings near transom COMPLETED
<work in progress repaired all the dings and scrapes, holes....faired it all in ..have to sand the new gel coat down and polish it> completed

---------LEGAL STUFF
DMV title for trailer / out of state inspection of trailer / license plate <COMPLETED>
DOW boat title and tag <COMPLETED>
BOAT TAGS = Lake Mead Natl Rec area FEE AREA! need the OTHER tag for the boat <COMPLETED>
make sure all safety equipment on board <COMPLETED>
TEST HER OUT on the water! <THIS WEEKEND!>

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

Congratulations on this weekend being splashdown That is great news!!!! :):):)

archbuilder

Vice Admiral

Can't wait to see the test run! I need to make one of those list! :D