PROJECT ~ JEZABEL 23' Sleekcraft Executive ~ Turbo Restore ~ Tons of pics

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant
Re: PROJECT ~ JEZABEL 23' Sleekcraft Executive ~ Turbo Restore ~ Tons of pics

Thanks everyone...

yeah the move is a good thing...hey Ill have a "project house" to work on yet ANOTHER project!

well with the warmer weather coming....we have to get on the ball with this stuff.......

LAST NIGHT we were selling off some stuff on CL and one wasa bimini top (used) anyways this guy had a 23' sleekcraft! and he lives 5 mins away so we popped over to check it out...it was pretty cool...needs some tlc here and there but either way what lines she had! We hope to catch up with them on saturdays out at the lake annd toss back a few beers...

Im tossing around the idea of a local Sleekcraft alumni or somthing etc....get some people with sleeks together for some partying etc on the lake....

Within 3 weeks we should have our Jezebel out for a water test.....9we got a lot of stuff to do around here so cant make it much sooner) Ill take lots of video and pics
after talking with the dude down the road that had a sleek...I now want to add roller guide ons and a winch to my sleek trailer......

and I want to add a horn...mebbe one of those horns that have lots of different music like the Dukes of Hazzard type horn, La Cucaracha, etc etc IM A REDNECK lol

mrdjflores

Lieutenant Junior Grade

how bout some pics of how she is now??? kinda like a refresher???

Friscoboater

Captain

HOLY CRAP!!! That is alot of stuff going on! I am sorry to hear about the house, but to be honest, that is the best thing to do.

Huron Angler

Admiral

Vegas I'm hoping to splash my SS in about 2-3 weeks too...I hope we make it:D

My self-imposed exile from my fishing hole will hopefully help me meet the deadline.

Good luck buddy:)

betayv

Senior Chief Petty Officer

hey Vegas good luck!!!, you have to do what you have to do!!! and you not the only one in that position, keep the head up body!!!...

archbuilder

Vice Admiral

Maybe we should have splash down week on I-boats.....I'm about 6 weeks out I hope!

BobsGlasstream

Commander

Hey,
I could join the splash down as long as one of you great fellows would give me a tow or a scuba diver to get her back. :D:p:D:eek:

Hey Vegas,
Keep your head up and moving forward.

Bob

tinkeringwackyone

Chief Petty Officer

Sorry about the gang stuff, but sounds like your doing the right thing and that is what matters most, keep you and your family safe. keep us posted and good luck, miss the updates of jezebel but we know your working on her.

Danger731

Cadet

Good luck to you all on the move and the latest issues life always seems to test us with.

Man, you have been a great inspiration to me with all your work on Project Jezabelle! again GL , you have a very tight family unit there !,

Derek - 76 Executive, 460, Jacuzzi

sprintst

Commander

It will be cool moving into a new place. You didn't like that old place anyways.

Downside is this is where you find out how much stuff you really own when you start to move it :)

SKIBUM1M

Chief Petty Officer

The wife wants to move when she gets back. Im glad she doesnt want to go far because I have alot of crap. Ive done some testdrives and it feels so nice to be out in a "new" boat. I wont call them official rides because its too cold yet and I need to christin her. I just didnt want to christen her and then have her sink. So I know everything will go well now. So when is everyone coming up here for splashdown? I think I was first in the water so you have to come here. Thats how it works right??? lol

sprintst

Commander

I can't even move stuff around in my garage and remember where I put it. Still looking for my pop riveter :)

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant

The wife wants to move when she gets back. Im glad she doesnt want to go far because I have alot of crap. Ive done some testdrives and it feels so nice to be out in a "new" boat. I wont call them official rides because its too cold yet and I need to christin her. I just didnt want to christen her and then have her sink. So I know everything will go well now. So when is everyone coming up here for splashdown? I think I was first in the water so you have to come here. Thats how it works right??? lol

HEHEHHE Im alll over that one! dont take 10 friends out on the maiden voyage...JUTS IN CASE she has an issue :p

I can't even move stuff around in my garage and remember where I put it. Still looking for my pop riveter :)

Dude me and you both! I just got that 1963 Glaspar G3 boat out of our driveway and my brother in laws dang polaris 250 sidetrack project out of my garage THANK goodness! we're getting rid of some stuff now we can see the floor in the garage!

Good luck to you all on the move and the latest issues life always seems to test us with.
Man, you have been a great inspiration to me with all your work on Project Jezabelle! again GL , you have a very tight family unit there !,
Derek - 76 Executive, 460, Jacuzzi

Thanks Derek! hey you too with all your great work! and the moves a good thing ....good schools for the kids and less robberies/gangs etc....

Sorry about the gang stuff, but sounds like your doing the right thing and that is what matters most, keep you and your family safe. keep us posted and good luck, miss the updates of jezebel but we know your working on her.

Actually TinkeringWackyOne shes been sitting COVERED ....we've been building a 6x10 trailer for carrying our new Joyner 250 Sand Viper, and the trailer will serve double duty as a junk hauler for moving, lumber hauler etc....plus mt BIL has sidetracked us many a night with his Polaris Trailboss 250 overhaul and restoration....well that things is running and out of here YEA!

Hey,
I could join the splash down as long as one of you great fellows would give me a tow or a scuba diver to get her back.
Hey Vegas,
Keep your head up and moving forward.
Bob

Thanks Bob ....you're always positive and good to hear from....thanks thanks thanks! ps no need for a scuba dude on our maiden voyage...it should go smoothly!

Maybe we should have splash down week on I-boats.....I'm about 6 weeks out I hope!

Yea Arch...yeah your Necher is B%^A%$ cant wait to see her blasting over the smooth water with Merc driving it home.....SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!! couple more weeks for ya I hope! GET TO WORK! lol

hey Vegas good luck!!!, you have to do what you have to do!!! and you not the only one in that position, keep the head up body!!!...

Thanks Betayv .....sorry I hjaven kept up lately with everyones projects...busy moving stuff to storage...working...other projects and family was in town for a week..etc etc etc etc etc etc YIKES! life gets in teh way of the REAL IMPORTANT STUFF BOAT PROJECTS

Vegas I'm hoping to splash my SS in about 2-3 weeks too...I hope we make it
My self-imposed exile from my fishing hole will hopefully help me meet the deadline.
Good luck buddy:)

I love it! Self imposed exile...lol....my other brother in law went out last week he said lake mead was SMOOTH and awsome. the water was actually warm enough for a dip! I miss fishing too...gotta get a license! we hope to have some lemon pepper striper soon enough!

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant
Re: PROJECT ~ JEZABEL 23' Sleekcraft Executive ~ ACTUAL UPDATE! PICS VIDEO!

Re: PROJECT ~ JEZABEL 23' Sleekcraft Executive ~ ACTUAL UPDATE! PICS VIDEO!

UPDATE PICS AND VIDEO! YEAH!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APkcnOzraoM
YOUTUBE video link above

ok thats a video of 1st startup since winter storage.
........she purrred like a kitten!

and speaking of kittens....luckily there weren't any kittens born in the boat over the winter...we found at one point a cat had made it in there and was nesting etc a couple times....dang feral cats! it sprayed in out Newman prject...lucky thing theres no carpet installed (we delayed that since boat sales are slow in winter and all the new stuff woulda got dusty and trashed over winter)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9SM35V-7Tk
ok heres just before startup walkaround video

gas line closeup showing old lines etc
video.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chYZcXEcCsM

Oh and we've also restored a 1963 Johnson 75hp selectric shift super sea horse...overhauled the carb, oiled her insides up, cleaned the plugs, cleaned the exterior sanded and painted it up...she looks purty now! (and yall thought we were slacking) we just haven been posting BUSY BUSY! the front porch was where we worked on it...LOL
IMG_7876.jpg
BEFORE
IMG_7878.jpg

AFTER...90% done!
IMG_7977.jpg

all the BAD GAS from Project Jezabel...this is a waste of gas but mebbe we will have a big boinfire out in the desert! lol one tank had Urine yellow gas the other had Algae green gas! it STUNK! must be 7 to 10 years old!
heres the hazmat pic showing the gas in 5 gal buckets....the recylcing plcae wont have gas recycling til this wednesday so until then if theres a fire at our house YOU KNOW WHY! lol
IMG_8000.jpg

IMG_7997.jpg
My dirty girl wife.... she painte dthe trailer rustoleum aluminum...so the 1rst time ouut she didnt look too rough (we will do a proper paint job this summer) anyways...she didnt like it silver aluminum color so she painted over it with the Rustoleum HAMMERED brown...it looks nice!

IMG_8008.jpg

the 6x10 trailer...almost done!

ALL THE 3 pages of em! PICS PICS PICS heres the 6x10 trailer Ive been working on, the polaris, the sleek jezabel and a few other thinigs ALL PICS HERE

Today my wife made a little storage cabinet, installed some more carpet

Does your wife have a sister? Just kidding My wife wont even get in my boat

Huron Angler

Admiral

Vegas that '63 'lectric shifter looks brand new buddy, great work:D

I ended up violating my exile...I did go out on my little tinny(had to ta test out my new trailer for her;)) but it's back to work for Huron from here on out.

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant

ALL THE PICS HERE in case ya missed em

few more pics for you lazy butts that dont click links!

it HAD TO RAIN when I was 75% complete with my iron work and had bare metal outdoors! DANG RAIN! lol
IMG_7987.jpg

heres the cool new tires for our Joyner 250 offroad go kart (fronts) $19 ebay ea plus $10 shippng (retail is ike $75 a piece!) love ebay!...the onces on there now are like off a trailer or somthing! oh and I got ITP sandstar paddles and rims for the rear when we go offroading at the dunes...$80 for the pair from a neighbor! RAD
IMG_8012.jpg

TEAMWORK BABY! 3 generations working on the polaris!
IMG_7969.jpg

we still want to add a BOW STOP/Bow winch and small ladder HERE at teh front I dont like the current Sleek setup for towing trailering etc...more welding! yea YES thats a GOLD SLUICE ini the background and yes we've found gold in Alaska/Arizona/California/Nevada yes Ive got a nice whiets MXT metal detector too...gotta be diverse!
IMG_8001.jpg

here's the sleekcraft trailer...this is just a quickie restore on the trailer paint....that brown looks like primer! aluminum paint covers it real nice....
IMG_7999.jpg
Miranda painted it HAMMERED BORWN after this...now it looks right

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant

Vegas that '63 'lectric shifter looks brand new buddy, great work:D

I ended up violating my exile...I did go out on my little tinny(had to ta test out my new trailer for her;)) but it's back to work for Huron from here on out.

You're a bad man! lol did ya catch anything? ps I thouoght you still had ice on them Mich lakes lol

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

Hey Man how goes it, hope all is well with the family. You guys have sure been busy looks like things are coming along. That engine looks sweet...

It could be worse than kittens in the boat, yesterday I went into the cabin of the sea gem and saw a hornets nest. Thinking it was old I proceeded to grab it bear handed and tear it down, that's when the hornets started flying out :eek::eek::eek:. I got all but 1 and he was p@#t. he then got me OUCH!!!!

BobsGlasstream

Commander

Hey Vegas,
I guess you have been busy. That Sea Horse looks great too.
The only thing I have got my wife to do on my project is comment on the time I have spent on it. Not good either. :p
Oh Well time goes on.
Great progress and its nice to see the sleek in the sun again.
Keep it rolling and good luck with the move.
Bob