1963 Jet Star
IMG_2800_zpsb5dd1288.jpg

1974 22' Chieftain IV(work in progress)

2c2df025-21fe-40f4-8b1c-ae0d882183ac_zps6b159887.jpg

Chasingshadows

Recruit
Re: Post a pic of your starcraft!

Hi guys,
My pride and joy, 86 holiday 180. The PO opened up the bow, did a really nice job of it, they also redid the transom and did a good job of that too. It's got a 115 yamaha v4, it's an 87. I think it's original as the gas tank filler neck is stamped yamaha. I basically gutted it redid the floor added some vinyl floor, and gave it a paint job. I also rebuilt the yamaha as it had a blown piston.
She runs sweet now, I've got some plans for her for next year, pedestals and possibly a transom and splash well alteration, I know I wouldn't alter this gem but the bow is already opened up anyway. I want to be able to mount my new kicker directly on the transom.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 11
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 11
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 11
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 11

RoadKing06

Cadet

Taking her out of the water last November...hopefully some hull paint this winter and a new (fingers crossed) 4 stroke!1962StarcraftJet.jpg

barato2

Commander

Bud, such a beautiful boat except for that Name on the outboard cowling..........you're insulting your poor SC. :D

jjacobs007

Lieutenant

Bud, such a beautiful boat except for that Name on the outboard cowling..........you're insulting your poor SC. :D

Don't feel bad bud!! Not everyone has a dependable outboard like yours!!

Last edited:

budski

Lieutenant Commander

Hey Barato I agree about that logo and it's gone ordered new ones.

barato2

Commander

a dependable outboard like yours :lol: yup, i depend on it to still be sitting on the appliance dolly when i get home from work each day. :cool: hopefully i'll eventually be able to depend on it to chill beer. suspect i'll also be able to depend on it still being on my transom after long term storage in Mexico.....nadie quiere un Krysler

Grandad

Lieutenant Commander

Hi guys,
My pride and joy, 86 holiday 180. The PO opened up the bow, did a really nice job of it, they also redid the transom and did a good job of that too. It's got a 115 yamaha v4, it's an 87. I think it's original as the gas tank filler neck is stamped yamaha. I basically gutted it redid the floor added some vinyl floor, and gave it a paint job. I also rebuilt the yamaha as it had a blown piston.
She runs sweet now, I've got some plans for her for next year, pedestals and possibly a transom and splash well alteration, I know I wouldn't alter this gem but the bow is already opened up anyway. I want to be able to mount my new kicker directly on the transom.
Welcome to Iboats 1958Scottguy and Chasingshadows. Have you guys posted your whereabouts on Jason's Starcraft Members Map?
http://forums.iboats.com/starcraft-boats/starcraft-members-map-635933.html
I know you're in Ontario Chasingshadows. How about checking in on this thread too? - Grandad
http://forums.iboats.com/boating-ac...tions/calling-all-ontario-members-584004.html

Tnstratofam

Commander

Here is our 1982 SS160

The day we bought her.

In the garage along with our Stratos.

Yes I know the mob may kick me out for the glass boat in the garage. What can I say I have a split personality.:laugh:

With our guard beagle and me out of the cold.

jjacobs007

Lieutenant

Is that duck tape on that captains chair? You should be fine with the split as long as that chair stays out of the starcraft.

nomrwrk

Seaman

Little Missy being restored. Almost done.
image.jpg

Here's her on the water
image.jpg

image.jpg

Tnstratofam

Commander

Yes that is indeed duck tape on the captains chair, and it goes in the Stratos. No self respecting Tennessee backwoods mechanic would be caught not using duck tape on something they own.
You should see the top on my convertible mustang!:laugh: The Starcraft only gets the good stuff. JB weld and Stainless steel screws.

BikeFlagAZ

Recruit

Here is my new toy, a 1975 Starcraft Holiday 16 with the original Mercury 850 (85 hp).

Spent two days camping out on Lake Mead for the maiden voyage, and all went great.

I bought it off a retired guy in Flagstaff who was the original owner. Still had the receipts and original owner's manuals for the boat and the motor.

I can't wait to get out more. I'll be on Lake Powell for the most part.

Attachments

• Starcraft.jpg
    Starcraft.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 12

barato2

Commander

nice pic! i like the blue boat against the red rock. and welcome to Starmadaland

Grandad

Lieutenant Commander

Hi BikeFlag. Your Holiday looks to be in great shape. I had a plan a few years ago about trailering my Holiday across the USA stopping at every interesting lake on the way, but then ending up in Lake Powell. I'd love to see it. - Grandad

RoadKing06

Cadet

62Starcraft.jpgCan anyone recommend a DYI paint that is brush on? Don't have spray equipment etc...
thanks,
RoadKing

Last edited:

barato2

Commander

look at the Petit and Interlux web sites for possible paints (i know our esteemed mod had major Issues with the 1-part Petit Easypoxy so maybe avoid that). look at West Marine site or youtube for info on "roll and tip" painting....you roll out the paint, then follow up with tip of brush to knock down the bubbles. if done right, this can produce a finish very similar to sprayed.

me, i'd get the cheap Wagner turbine rig for about $100.