Post a pic of your starcraft!

Re: Post a pic of your starcraft!

Here is our 1978 18' starcraft holiday. Just bought it from cbgale2. He started the reno and I have taken it over. Looks pretty nice sitting on the water. That's his paint job.

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Man she looks great on the water there! Charlie, super work, crestcraft, excellent score!:joyous:

barato2

Commander

yeah, buying a boat from someone on here would be nice, after all the previous-owner butchery most of us deal with!

RoadKing06

Cadet

Thinking about selling my 1962 Jet.....picked it up last year, cleaned her up nice and thought I'd be putting some time into her.
Of course, I never really got to all the things I wanted to do....Any advice?1962StarcraftJet.jpg62Starcraft.jpg

Probably my last run down the Otonabee River this season, asked my son to get a pic from shore, it's the first time I've seen this boat in motion, I think my son did an awesome job getting the pic so I thought I would share
shorepic2sm.jpg

jpstude

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Nice to see all of the beautiful boats, on here. I picked up this one ('78 chieftan IV 18") about 6 weeks back. so, here's the starting point.0902131241.jpg

Lt.

Recruit

Here are some pics of the new hobby. 1970 Starcraft Offshore. 1982 Mercury 115 pt.IMG_4405.JPGIMG_4403.jpgIMG_4402.jpg

Last edited:

Eratix 3D

Seaman Apprentice

Here's my Mustang. Still needs a little work but it runs... It also has kind of a weird trailer.

DSCF0757.jpgDSCF0756.jpgDSCF0758.jpg

Boat my son bought for us, says it is a 1963 21 ft Starcraft

Boat my son bought for us, says it is a 1963 21 ft Starcraft

The motors either need repair or need another used one that works, would a 65hp be big enough for this boat? Thanks for any advice for this project. We plan on going down the Missouri River from Yankton, SD to St Louis and then from Yankton, SD to Montana, following the Lewis and Clark trail.
b1.jpgb2.jpgb6.pngb5.jpg

jbcurt00

Staff member

Start a thread on your 'new to you' project rig, Waterdog.

You'll get lots of help. Really nice looking rig, your son done ya proud :watermelon:

1963 21 ft Starcraft

1963 21 ft Starcraft

Thanks, is that "new to you" in the starcraft forum? I have not seen the boat yet because I am working overseas but next summer I would like to get it running, if possible.

jbcurt00

Staff member

I'm sorry, I meant start a thread, here in the Starcraft forum or over in the resto forum about the boat. It's new to you.. There isn't a 'new to you' thread.

Maybe there should be.....

You CAN DEFINITELY get a good ole' tin boat redone, and get an OB that runs to push it around. Perhaps even get the current motor running.

More info would be needed about the current motor to hazard an accurate guess about it's viability. And although a tin boat is fairly light, I don't think you'd love the performance a 65hp will provide on an 18ft +/- cuddy.

Kick start a thread where ever you see fit, and dig in. Lots of great info about rebuilding tin boats in here. Look for the Starcraft Rebuilds thread by Jasoutside. You may even find a similar boat to help id yours.

Safe travels while you are overseas. Keep reading & researching here on the forum while you're gone & by the time you get back to the states you'll know what lies ahead & how to proceed.

thunder219

Petty Officer 2nd Class

2007 1900re.

Attachments

• boat1.jpg
    boat1.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 1
  • boat2.jpg
    boat2.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 1

jvanhees

Petty Officer 1st Class

some very nice boats in here! Granddad, helluva boat!

Might as well throw mine up..next in line for a resto. Cannot wait~

73 Super Sport with a '89(?) rude 60hp. She's pretty rough right now, but we enjoyed it a little already this past summer.

Last edited:

IslandGirlTalk

Seaman Apprentice

Here's my 1966 Starcraft Marlin. We live on an island and until two years ago, this was our main grocery getter and workhorse. We get a fair amount of rough water and our Marlin does great in it. It's been out of the water for two years now, due to some leaky rivets around the transom. We're hoping to get those repaired soon though.

1966 Starcraft Marlin by Island Girl Talk, on Flickr

InMotion

Commander

Here's my 1966 Starcraft Marlin. We live on an island and until two years ago, this was our main grocery getter and workhorse. We get a fair amount of rough water and our Marlin does great in it. It's been out of the water for two years now, due to some leaky rivets around the transom. We're hoping to get those repaired soon though.

Cool littlish boat you have there!!! Glad to hear you are planning on getting it fixed up and back on the water.

You're from my stomping ground.... spent most of my life up there all summer long!!!! Beautiful area and a great place for the kids --- and older kids like me!!!

Jim

IslandGirlTalk

Seaman Apprentice

Cool littlish boat you have there!!! Glad to hear you are planning on getting it fixed up and back on the water.

You're from my stomping ground.... spent most of my life up there all summer long!!!! Beautiful area and a great place for the kids --- and older kids like me!!!

Jim

Thanks, Jim! We have been working on our 1961 MFG Westfield boat the last couple of years. We should be done restoring her next summer, so hopefully we can work on the Marlin's transom rivets then. I just checked out pics from your Jupiter restoration. What a neat boat!

I found an old pic of our '66 Marlin in September 1966 at our island.

Island4 Sept-1966 by Island Girl Talk, on Flickr

DSCF2280 (800x597).jpg
The SF14 on the left is my twin brother's boat and the Falcon on the right is mine. We had our families out for some fishing and cruising.

olympic

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hi everyone. I owe the fellow starmada folks some pics. I'm a newb and purchased a 1987 Starcraft a couple weeks ago. Spent lots of time detailing today....always interesting what you find when you spend the time to look it over. I need to remember to do that before I buy my next boat. :)

Anyhow, here are a few pics. I already have some posts with questions and there will certainly be more. I'll gladly reciprocate where possible.

On these pics I had the rear seats out as I was cleaning them so they are not pictured.

photo 4.jpgphoto 3.JPGphoto.JPGphoto (1).JPGstarcraft-1987-web.jpg