Post a pic of your starcraft!

Weep'n Willy

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: Post a pic of your starcraft!

yeah, welcome to the horde. and, from the looks of that one pic, welcome to deciphering the previous owner's wiring job.....:rolleyes:

Wow, that is some wiring job. Not sure why the po would spread out the electronics so far apart, captain would have to get up, bend over, and other such maneuvers just to operate them. I do like the camper canvas. I had that on my Islander and it was perfect for long weekend fishing trips in cool weather.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Wife was beating her head against the wall when I brought this beauty home. She lacks the forsite in seeing her potential. But I dont need to explain that to this community.

My wife wouldn't even let me drag home a FREE 21' because after two restores, she knows exactly what's up.

Great boat you got there, looking forward to your rebuild thread.

Kry

Cadet

Nice Islander, that should provide a lot of fun. I spotted an ad for another Holiday for 700 about an hour from here, was a I/O but sitting motorless...hmmm...:)

barato2

Commander

hmmm...
the sound of tin boat widows and orphans being made, right there! ;)

duke33

Petty Officer 1st Class

1964 super sport.

Attachments

• DSCF1228.jpg
    DSCF1228.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014

Nice job on the restore Duke, she look nice from here.

duke33

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hehe, I like it too. I didn't restore it. I bought it as is. Crazy good deal. I'm in central WV. Stonecoal, Burnsville, Stonewall area.

Last edited:

dozerII

Admiral

What jb said, great looking Holiday, I'm going to copy your top design for mine. I hope you don't mind.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I like your Holiday too, Snox. You should start a thread and show her off. I like the top - Are the vinyl sides removable for warm weather boating? She's a beaut!

Snox49x

Cadet

Thanks guys!! The top was done on the cheap over the winter. I modified the original frame that I had and then patterned the top to fit. Not the best, but considering I had never done one before (or even run a sewing machine for that matter) I am happy with the way it turned out. It will roll up and lay forward on the windshield when not in use or when trailering. The sides are zippered for easy removal as well.

dozerII

Admiral

Thanks guys!! The top was done on the cheap over the winter. I modified the original frame that I had and then patterned the top to fit. Not the best, but considering I had never done one before (or even run a sewing machine for that matter) I am happy with the way it turned out. It will roll up and lay forward on the windshield when not in use or when trailering. The sides are zippered for easy removal as well.

Great job for a first attempt. Like GA mentioned start a thread on her in the S/C forum and load us up with pictures, love pictures.

classiccat

"Captain" + Starmada Splash Of The Year 2020

77 Holiday. First trip of 2014.

I'm not sure which picture I like more :noidea:

Beautiful boat...and excellent job on that top! PLEASE start a thread and load it with pics :madgrin: :hungry:

...including a step-by-step guide on how you constructed that sweet top...if you don't mind of course :D

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014

Awesome Holiday, love that top!

BikeFlagAZ

Recruit

Hi BikeFlag. Your Holiday looks to be in great shape. I had a plan a few years ago about trailering my Holiday across the USA stopping at every interesting lake on the way, but then ending up in Lake Powell. I'd love to see it. - Grandad

Grandad:

I've made two trips on Powell so far and it is amazing. Both were multi-day campouts and because we were there in the off-season, we had the lake to ourselves.

You can see some pictures here: https://picasaweb.google.com/108774109224161549653/LakePowellValentinesDay201402?authuser=0&feat=directlink

and a video here:

Reactions: RUN

jbcurt00

Staff member

Grandad:
I've made two trips on Powell so far and it is amazing. Both were multi-day campouts and because we were there in the off-season, we had the lake to ourselves.

You can see some pictures here:

Holy carp, AWESOME pix, nice:

DSC_2497.jpg

Reactions: RUN

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

I love how you caught the awesome colors of the desert evening sky, fantastic. And what an awesome trip:encouragement:

Hey, glad you didn't have to leave Marti behind too!

In my time in the desert we called that "quickmud", real fun stuff!