Post a pic of your starcraft!

Huron Angler

Admiral
Re: Post a pic of your starcraft!

Yur Chief is awesome Stroker!

I agree, nice rig:D What kind of speeds are you getting with the 165?

It's really cool that you bought it new all those years ago and did the resto, you guys must love the boat:)

strokerace5900

Recruit

I agree, nice rig:D What kind of speeds are you getting with the 165?

It's really cool that you bought it new all those years ago and did the resto, you guys must love the boat:)

When I run a 19 prop I get 32-33...with a 21 I get about 35-36...that is by the speedo.

I haven't checked it by GPS, but will do it when I take it out soon. I added a dual battery system and with the bigger tanks I had to add a Dole-Fin to the cavitation plate on the out-drive to control the porpoising. It now rises up level to a plane and stays level at approximately 14 - 15 mph. Stock weight distribution required about 20 mph to stay up.

I paid $8550.00 for it and we have used it on many, many river trips, deep sea fishing and lake camping trips since. We also have an '84 Chris-Craft 264 Scorpion Aft Cabin Cruiser, an '83 Arrow Glass cuddy and last Dec. my wife purchased (stole) an '86 23-3 Hunter for $500 for my Christmas present. I've been doing the cockpit upholstery on the Chris-Craft and it turned out fantastic. We applied two coats of bottom paint to the sailboat today and are sanding the hull and deck for new Interlux poly in the next few days. We have had many other boats since we bought the Star Craft but it is by far the best boat for the two of us and we plan on keeping it for many years to come.

If I knew how to add the list (or thumbs) of my boats to my signature I would put them in there. But I'll just sneak a thumbnail of them in this post.

Kathy in CEO_2.jpgP4040030.jpgBlue Thunder.JPG

boatnut74

Lieutenant Commander

Sharp looking chieftain stroker. I have a similar chieftain

pviekman

Cadet

I just bought my second Starcraft! 1969 Jupiter that needs some TLC! I bought it from an estate for $100, after they removed the 55hp Johnson and sold it for scrap! I've got a 40 hp to put on it after I check the transom for soundness. The floor will most likely need to be replaced, as well. I'll post pics as I get them.
SAM_0250.jpg
[/IMG]
SAM_0249.jpg
[/IMG]

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

100 bux well spent!!!! Excellent score!!!:D:D:D

pviekman

Cadet

It seems to be - the pics are at the PO's house- my yard is still snow and mud, so it will be a couple more days before I can get it home and clean it out. The PO used it for a storage unit from the looks of it! When I was a youngster, we had an 18 foot Holiday that was the same color, so when I saw this one, I had to have it. We spent many hours on the lake, as we had our own island that we leased from the paper company. Dad taught school, so when shool was done, we'd pack up and head to the lake for at least a month! Great memories! Looking forward to seeing how much work we need to do, and I'll keep you all posted. SWMBO was a little hesitant, until I told her the price!

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Check out the Jupiter thread in my signature. It started out in probably worse condition.

thesignguy

Seaman

OK, not the greatest but its still a starcraft. We bought it last year in July and had her in the water within 2 days of getting her legal. It's a starcraft medilast 1600 with a Evinrude 88SPL. Have no idea how fast it is but I will find out this year once I get the starter replaced. The first pic of what it looked like last Suturday during a freak snow storm, the second and third are with no snow and aired out. IMG00005.jpgIMG00467.jpgIMG00468.jpg

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Nice boat thesignguy. You should see close to 40MPH with that setup if she isn't waterlogged. Great motor.

thesignguy

Seaman

Thanks ez! I tried to start her up wednesday and found that the starter is shot. I ordered a new starter and hope to have it on and change the plugs this weekend. I'm not sure of it's auctual speed but she does go pretty well.

Not like I drag race on the lake but she will pass most newer boats and that makes me feel really good! I plan on adding a GPS to it so I'll let you know what I get out of er'!

I really can't find much info on the Medalist boats, but I'm going to keep her for a while. The floor is a little soft in the back and the seats and cushions need replaced.

From what I hear the 88SPL rude is a great engine but I don't like that it is a 2-stroke. I really wish I did not have to mix the gas and oil because I'm affraid of making it to rich/lean. I think last year I was a little heavy on the oil, because at idle you could see a small cloud of smoke behind us.

paulp64131

Recruit

Hi Guys,

Here is my 72 Starcraft SuperSport 18 o/b. It was my fathers boat for years. It has a 73 Evinrude 135 hp on it. I am going to rip into the interior this year and replace the floor as it a little soft and the carpet is gone. Have been looking through this site at some of the incredible work you guys have done on yours. Very inspiring! :)

Paul
72 Starcraft SS 18 i/o

72starcraft1.jpg

72starcraft2.jpg

72starcraft3.jpg

72starcraft5.jpg

72starcraft6.jpg

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

I really wish I did not have to mix the gas and oil because I'm affraid of making it to rich/lean. I think last year I was a little heavy on the oil, because at idle you could see a small cloud of smoke behind us.

Get yourself one of these http://www.iboats.com/2-Cycle-Oil-M...22530499--**********.779127086--view_id.56142 Problem solved. Wal-Mart should have them. Has measuring for every ratio.

Here is my 72 Starcraft SuperSport 18 o/b

Nice SS paulp! Nice Evinrude too. You dodged the electric shift bullet by one year, phew!

straightleg

Petty Officer 3rd Class

1989 SS201 175hp 4.3 liter
Bought New. Always garage kept

Anyone ever seen a boat like mine. I wonder how many years they made one like this.

Sep10058.jpg

Sep10060.jpg

Sep10061.jpg

Straightleg

Huron Angler

Admiral

Welcome to the Starcraft fleet straightleg:)

Nice rig, that SuperSport model has been made by Starcraft since the early 70s setup for outboard or I/O. It was called Offshore for a couple years prior to that. Is that a 21' boat?

I have a 16' version, the 18' is most common.

I bet that thing flies with the 4.3L wide open:D

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

paul and straightleg - excellent examples of Starcraft beauty right there! Welcome fellas!:D

thesignguy

Seaman

I figured there was an easier way to mix the and gas and oil. I'll be getting one as soon as I replace the floor and get the girl back together. Thanks EZ!

straightleg

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Yes my boat is a 21ft.
I have wiped it down everytime I used it for the last 20 years.
You can eat off the engine.

I replaced the trim oil, lower unit oil, engine oil, power steering fluid last night.
New spark plugs and battery.

Getting ready to try and fire it up after sitting for 3 years.

I tried some amsoil 10-40 synthetic this time in the engine?

Any thoughts on this.

Straightleg