Play off hockey

DECK SWABBER 58

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Play off hockey

Yo, Vancouver.

Your going down just like last year.:D

The "mighty" Hawks of long ago have returned.

Once again the "Cup" will reside in the states.
Hopefully Chicago.

It's been waaay too long.
Our time has come once again.:p:p:p

Our ponds might be melted, but our sticks are
still on the ice.:D

jcsercsa

Captain

Yea your looking good . BUT your going to have to wait at least one more year !!!
LETS GO WINGS john

Bigprairie1

Commander

Wow, Montreal has sent Ovechkin and the highly touted Washington Capitals packin'. I didn't see the game but I was watching the 30 second updates on TSN....looked like some heavy duty action.
Well, regardless I think it's great. I was a massive Canadiens fan in the 70's then kind of lost touch with them....but they showed great resolve to be down 3 game to 1 in a best of seven....and win the series.
Bring on the next round!!!
BP:):cool:

tallcanadian

Captain

I'm glad I don't have to look at Ovechkins smug face anymore. Now lets see the pens squash these Canadiens....

bugman1964

Seaman Apprentice

Man I can't beleive I was pulling for the Habs last night and they won, I'm a Bruins fan. Got to see Halak play in the QMJHL in Lewiston, he has improved. So now its the Bruins and Philly, Pens and Habs. Who knows how the east will turn out. The highest seed remaining is the Pens 4th. The Bruins are unvieling the "Flying Bobby" statue on May 10th on the 40th anniversery of the 1970 cup win. Could it be an omen to great success for the Bruins? Only time will tell. The teams in the west all seem stronger than the east teams, San Jose may repeat thier usual playoff greatness, Detroit is getting long in the tooth, I like Howard though, he played for UMaine, Chicago is strong along with Vancover. West is back at it tonight.

aspeck

Staff member

I'm glad I don't have to look at Ovechkins smug face anymore. Now lets see the pens squash these Canadiens....

Sounds good to me!!! ;):p:D Pens in 6 again.

Canadiens did an awesome job in goal to stop the Capitals. I hope the defense has used up its great plays so Sid and Kid and company can weave their majic and not get stuffed like Ovechkin and Company.

Again, Pens in 6!

I can't beleive I missed this thread!!:eek:

LET'S GO FLYERS!!!!!!

THIS IS THE YEAR OF THE UNDERDOGS.:cool:

rbh

Fleet Admiral

Yo, Vancouver.

Your going down just like last year.:D

The "mighty" Hawks of long ago have returned.

Once again the "Cup" will reside in the states.
Hopefully Chicago.

It's been waaay too long.
Our time has come once again.:p:p:p

Our ponds might be melted, but our sticks are
still on the ice.:D

NO NO NO, when the ice is melted it's called floor hockey. :D

drewmitch44

Lieutenant Commander

I can't beleive I missed this thread!!:eek:

LET'S GO FLYERS!!!!!!

THIS IS THE YEAR OF THE UNDERDOGS.:cool:

Yea.... I just now found this thread as well! I was on the flyers site and saw that HBO is doing a special on the "broad street bullies". Its a story of the flyers in the 70's. Thats one I am not going to miss. The trailer looks good. Ill link it. http://www.flyersfancentral.com/2010/04/hbo-broad-street-bullies-trailer/

LETS GO FLYERS #.#.### LETS GO FLYERS #.#.### LETS GO FLYERS #.#.###

aspeck

Staff member

Only got highlights of last night's game, but from what I saw, Canadiens might be all worn out and Pens well rested ... might not make it to 6 games!

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

I think Pen's in 5.
Just my 2 cents though.

tallcanadian

Captain

I hope Pens in 4. I do not like Montreal at all. But I agree with Ken, in 5.

Bene288

Cadet

I'm a die hard Boston fan. I would love nothing more than to have Bruins - Habs in the east, then Hawks - Wings in the west. Original 6 cup series no matter what. And what a series Boston and Montreal would have. Damn the Penguins and the bandwagon. I rarely find a Pens fan that actually knows hockey.

Bigprairie1

Commander

I'm a die hard Boston fan. I would love nothing more than to have Bruins - Habs in the east, then Hawks - Wings in the west. Original 6 cup series no matter what. And what a series Boston and Montreal would have. Damn the Penguins and the bandwagon. I rarely find a Pens fan that actually knows hockey.

...Can't find a Pens fan that actually knows hockey?...buddy you ain't lookin' in the right places, come on up North;):D (You must be hanging out in Boston pubs:D;))
Anywhoooo, a Habs/Boston series would be good. I'm both a Pens and a Canadiens fan so I'm enjoying that series on all fronts.
I loved the beat down Vancouver gave Chicago last night....hopefully there is more where that came from....although I'm a big of Toews and Seabrook on Chicago.
As for Detroit...well, I think their time has come and now is on the verge of going....going....gone. They are starting to get a long in the tooth and it is starting to show. Their prime was a few years ago and I they won't be seeing any more Stanley cups for a while.
Still...it's all good high performance hockey...thoroughly enjoying it!!!
BP:)

rbh

Fleet Admiral

Good morning BP:), and Ken
GO CANUCKS

Bene288

Cadet

...Can't find a Pens fan that actually knows hockey?...buddy you ain't lookin' in the right places, come on up North;):D (You must be hanging out in Boston pubs:D;))

That is the problem, I don't live in Boston anymore. Stuck in Albany, NY where hockey is about as popular as the flu. I've seen the Penguins and Caps get a lot of special treatment. Believe me, I love what guys like Crosby and Ovechkin have done around the league. Hockey is a lot more popular in the States now. But the one sided calls and the dives I've seen just kill it for me. However I wouldn't know about this year, haven't caught too many of the Pens playoff games, and Washington did get knocked out by the Canadiens.

Really looking forward to the rest of the Boston - Philly series though, if it's any repeat of the Winter Classic we're all in for a treat.

bugman1964

Seaman Apprentice

What a return for Savy scoring the ot winner. Sturm has a torn ACL and MCL might be career ending injury. What happened to Chi town last night? Go bruins.