Pee Test?

aspeck

Staff member
Re: Pee Test?

ZmOz, as long as you don't leave your home while under the influence, then have at it. But the moment you step out of your house and endanger others, then I have a problem with it.<br /><br />And it is not David's OPINION, it is the LAW. If you chose to disobey the law, then that is your right, but don't complain if you have to take a test, or get busted - it was YOUR CHOICE.

ZmOz

Captain

Originally posted by aspeck:<br />And it is not David's OPINION, it is the LAW. If you chose to disobey the law, then that is your right, but don't complain if you have to take a test, or get busted - it was YOUR CHOICE.
I'm not complaining about anything. It is David's OPINION that it is wrong to break every law under every circumstance. I think that's asinine, and that's MY opinion...along with millions of other americans.

aspeck

Staff member

Symantics here, ZmOz. But the LAW says it is wrong. David's opinion is the LAW is correct and should be upheld. Your opinion is the LAW is wrong. The LAW is still the LAW, the difference is you opinion of the law.<br /><br />Just words and their meanings. Don't mean to get anyone riled up over this. See my post under the helmet laws - I don't think some of the laws are correct, and I chose to disobey them. But they are still the law. Maybe I just hold the law in too high of esteem, and that is why I get upset when new laws keep getting established even when the old laws are not enforced. Laws SHOULD mean something.<br /><br />Just my opinion, which don't mean much anyway.

notinbig

Petty Officer 1st Class

Everybody stop this post now! I was trying to help someone, not start a "bayliner" type cat fight here. I know everyone has heard "Opinions are like a-holes...." you finish the rest.<br /><br />Consider this topic droped!<br />PLEASE. <br />Mods, would you lock this if it continues, we don't need people getting COMPUTER RAGE now too!<br /><br />P.S. And I am sorry for starting this, not the correct material for conversation here.

cbnoodles

Chief Petty Officer

notinbig,<br /><br />Sorry, but I just can't help myself. Why would your brother try to get a job with an "amazing company" if there is even the remote possibility of failing a drug test? To begin, if they are that amazing and he is a user, the two are probably not compatible.<br /><br />The second thought I have is what you and other members of your family think about this situation. I have not read this entire thread so excuse me if you've already addressed this but is there no sense of shame or indignation on your part or anyone else who knows about this?<br /><br />Please allow me to explain my line of thinking. Several years ago, one of my best friends (call him Tim) told me a mutual friend (call him Rob) had come to him with a problem. It seems Rob's employer decided to institute a drug screening program designed primarily to help its employees. The program would offer assistance and counseling but would ultimately lead to discipline for repeat offenders. Fairly lenient and open-minded, wouldn't you say?<br /><br />Well, Rob only viewed it as an inconvenience to his meth and pot recreational use so he decided to get his teen-aged son to supply him with a urine sample. No big deal, what's the harm?<br /><br />As it turns out, Rob's son developed a heavy drug use problem and ended up ODing on heroin at 23 years of age, leaving a young widow and baby boy behind. Do you think Rob's behavior had anything to do with his son's? I do and I think Rob does too as he and his wife are still trying to come to grips with their son's death.<br /><br />Sorry if this is coming off as judgmental but what we do is reflected in all of those involved in our lives. I think they deserve better than to end up with consequences like that simply because we are too selfish to make sound choices.

aspeck

Staff member

notinbig - no rage here. Found the thread interesting and enlightening. Held off posting as long as I could, but when David was being blasted for upholding the law, just had to jump in. I will honor your request now. I am done.

tylerin

Commander

I find this thread interesting. Seems to me as long as "The Man" says you can turn 21 and walk into any liquor store and buy a baby bottle of wife beating juice then its ok. Why is it ok, cause "The Man" says its ok. BS and I'm not buying it. Personally I see nothing wrong with a little pot JMO. Moderation is the key. Drunks make me ill again JMO. Stepfordpeople :confused:

D

DJ

I can't believe how much notice this tread has gathered.<br /><br />IT'S A URINE TEST, for Pete's sake.<br /><br />If you fail, you deserved to.<br /><br />GET OVER IT.

90skichallenger

Petty Officer 1st Class

Originally posted by aspeck:<br /> Symantics here, ZmOz. But the LAW says it is wrong. David's opinion is the LAW is correct and should be upheld. Your opinion is the LAW is wrong. The LAW is still the LAW, the difference is you opinion of the law.<br /><br />Just words and their meanings. Don't mean to get anyone riled up over this. See my post under the helmet laws - I don't think some of the laws are correct, and I chose to disobey them. But they are still the law. Maybe I just hold the law in too high of esteem, and that is why I get upset when new laws keep getting established even when the old laws are not enforced. Laws SHOULD mean something.<br /><br />Just my opinion, which don't mean much anyway.
So that tells me that in 1860's america you would have been a slaveowner and would never have assisted a escaped slave (cause that was illegal). That means that in 1940's Germany you would have turned in jews for the reward and never attempted to help your fellow man (illegal)<br />This means that in Afghanistan TODAY you would detroy a females genital region and beat her mercilessly(the law)<br />Just because it is a law does not mean its right. We are incumbent as free peoples to protest laws that are well just wrong. Sometimes that protest takes the place of ignoring the law. Cause heres an interesting fact. One of the reasons the US raised its minimum speed limits was because everyone was speeding anyway.<br />Anyway Gotta go.<br />PS I am not stating an opinion in the reefer debate. I just disagree with the comment that a law should be followed just because its a law. Sometimes Laws are wrong. Lets use our heads for something besides keeping our ears apart ok.<br />Later,

D

DJ

We, as a nation called America, is finshed.<br /><br />See above.<br /><br />Puff, snort, inject----on.

tylerin

Commander

Originally posted by DJ:<br /> We, as a nation called America, is finshed.<br /><br />See above.<br /><br />Puff, snort, inject----on.
:confused: Because people use their own minds?????

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Here is the only foolproof way to pass: get a sympathetic doctor to write a prescription for whatever drug you might have in your system.

demsvmejm

Master Chief Petty Officer

At the wishes of Notinbig I am going to end my observation of this post. Let's all honor his wish.

notinbig

Petty Officer 1st Class

THANK YOU. I thought I might have to have plastic surgery, change my name and move!<br /><br />Agree to disagree.<br /><br />DJ, me niether.