Pee Test?

KaGee

Admiral
Re: Pee Test?

I find it amuzing that the original poster has not responded one time here.<br /><br />Troll???????

muskyone

Master Chief Petty Officer

hey kelton mythbusters tried it and a small amount showed positive so poppy seeds are bad

Reel Poor

Vice Admiral

notinbig<br />I read in another thread where it appears jimchere passed a pee test using fogging oil<br /> :D :eek: <br /> <br />Just a thought; Who knows????

demsvmejm

Originally posted by ZmOz:<br />
Originally posted by David L. Moore:<br />There is no justification for using them. It's wrong, it's illegal.
Just because something is illegal doesn't make it wrong. No "justification" is needed. What justification is there for having a few beers on friday night? How is smoking a joint any worse than that? Can somebody that thinks pot is so bad please explain that to me? I don't smoke pot, but yes, I have tried it. I guarantee you that in 70 years people will be buying a dime bag at a convenience store laughing about how it used to be illegal...the way we look at prohibition today.<br /><br />I'm 19 and I have my fair share of beer. Is that wrong of me just because some uneducated bueraucrat decided I shouldn't drink until I'm 21? If I want to use a mood altering substance responsibly in my own home that doesn't harm me or anyone else, it's nobody's business but my own.
If something is illegal, IT may not be wrong, but doing it IS!!! How quickly we overlook the basic, rudimentary aspect only because acknowledging it would contradict our wants. I have mixed feelings about pot being illegal. But regardless, it is ILLEGAL, end of story. There is no justification in the world that will make doing something illegal right(you guys will have fun with that). God's laws dictate obeying mans' laws except when man's law goes against God's specific laws.<br /><br />As for the "uneducated bureaucrat" deciding that you're not supposed to drink until you're 21, that statement shows your immaturity and your ignorance. I'm 37, and I remember the phase in of the 21 law from 18. When the law changed 18 yo's could still drink, the next year the age went to 19, then to 20, then finally the law matured to the 21, at least here in Michigan. The reason? The "uneducated bureaucrat" was faced with udisputable evidence that "minors" below the age of 21 were not mature enough to handle the responsibility. In other words they became Educated Bureaucrats. And YES there are jails, prisons, AA meetings, bars & clubs and cemetaries full of >21's who aren't/weren't mature enough to handle it either. I drank more in the years of 16-21 than I did 21-30, does that make it right, NO! Am I ashamed, no, would I condone it, no, am I proud of it, no.<br /><br /> The whole point of my ranting is GET OVER IT, don't do it until it is legal. If you want it legal, lobby your congressmen. You are probably right, in the future pot will be looked upon like alcohol and prohibition is now. But unless you do something LEGALLY to bring about that change you have no room to complain. Do something - VOTE. Oh, and grow up. Stop saying "It's all somebody else's fault. It's ok to do it just because it shouldn't be illegal."<br />As I told my 15yo, if it's illegal, it's illegal. Nothing will make it right, until it's legal. And then it may still not be right.<br /><br />The previous diatribe is presented, with respect, for your consideration, and is not necessarily directed at any one specific person. :)

ZmOz

Captain

So, David, are you telling me you never drive 60mph in a 55mph zone? You come to a COMPLETE stop at EVERY stop sign? You NEVER step on the gas when you see a yellow light? Bulls***.<br /><br />If you think something is wrong simply because it's illegal you go right ahead and follow every single law ever written. If I don't agree with a law, and I'm not hurting anyone by breaking it, I will break it any time I choose and I don't think it's wrong to do so. If you don't agree with that, that's fine, but passing judgement onto me just because YOU think something is wrong is just stupid.

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

I was going to stay out of this but here goes...<br /><br />When was the last time you heard of a stoner beating up his wife because he was high on pot? Fall asleep, maybe. Get violent? Ha!<br /><br />When was the last time you heard of someone getting cancer from weed? And when was the last time you heard of anyone smoking 2 to 3 packs of joints a day? Doesn't happen, folks.<br /><br />Alchohl is LEGAL and any cop on a beat will tell you that it's their #1 cause for having to respond to a call. Ask any doctor with a stethoscope and they'll tell you that cigarettes are the #1 cause of lung cancer, but that's LEGAL as well. It's all a matter of who is greasing the pig. There are no Pot lobbies, but there are tons of alcohol and tobacco RACKETEERS pouring billions into election campaigns. It's not the "ethical" thing when it comes to the laws that are passed in this country. It's ALL how much money any given lobby throws at our elected officials. :( <br /><br />Cigarettes kill, that's a proven fact. Both alcohol and tobacco are highly addictive and that's a proven fact. I'm not here to debate the recreational use of drugs. It's wrong for so many reasons. But let's give ALL of them Equal Time. Alcohol and Tobacco included. Any employer that tests for "drugs" isn't putting any emphasis on two of the most socially destructive ones. So IMHO it's not only pointless, it's HYPROCRITICAL!

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

willy<br /> gotta agree with ya. I have many friends that get mean and violent when drinking, whiskey and tequila are especially prone to start a fight. I dont ever recall a stoner buddy wanting to fight, eat a bit and sleep some but not fight.<br /> even some of my old coke head buddies never got into fights just wanted to go. I aint sure they could have stood still long enough to fight :) .<br /> if the pot lobby and the coke lobby was a wealthy as the alcohol and tobbaco lobbies it would have been legal and taxed long ago. <br /> some of our current political families made great wealth during or periuod of prohibition. that period also saw the fastest rise of organized crime and violence ever in our society. you would think we had learned but we did not. if pot and coke were legaal and regulated like alcohol and ciggarettes there would be no money in it and the big crime and money would bail out. who is going to face a 20 year sentance or being shot over weed at 5 dollars a pound?<br /><br /> but now the cops and the lawyers and even the drug cartels have a vested intrest in keeping it illegal. rather funny but there have been reports of lobby money from various suspect sorces to aid in insuring drugs are kept illicit.

briannh1234

Petty Officer 1st Class

Johnson-liner -<br /><br />Just to finish the story - Dad got called into the center office. They said "You passed the drug test and BTW, your pregnant!" Amazingly they didn't fire him or send him to rehab that day. He did lose that job some months later.<br /><br />9 Month's later they had a beautiful baby girl who's probably 5 or 6 by now.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

while on the pot subject. just saw on the news that the dare county school board is having a hearing about instating a "no suspicion" random drug screening for high school and middle school kids here. the meeting is fridaay. I may have to go to that one and add the only way I will support that type of money waste is if each county worker, county commisioner and all school board staff and employees took the same suspicion free test and the results posted on the govt news channel. pass or fail for all to see. I think its way out of line.

ZmOz

Captain

At my high school they had voluntary drug testing for all athletes. Nobody ever failed...wonder why. :rolleyes:

demsvmejm

Originally posted by ZmOz:<br /> So, David, are you telling me you never drive 60mph in a 55mph zone? You come to a COMPLETE stop at EVERY stop sign? You NEVER step on the gas when you see a yellow light? Bulls***.
Yes, I do drive 60mph, I've always driven 5mph over. No I've NEVER said is was right. Yes, I do come to a COMPLETE stop at EVERY stop sign. Saw one too many t-bone accidents where a child got hurt. No I NEVER step on the gas when I see a yellow light, I try to stop if at all possible.<br /> <br />
If you think something is wrong simply because it's illegal you go right ahead and follow every single law ever written. If I don't agree with a law, and I'm not hurting anyone by breaking it, I will break it any time I choose and I don't think it's wrong to do so. If you don't agree with that, that's fine, but passing judgement onto me just because YOU think something is wrong is just stupid.
I don't think I pass judgement because I think something is wrong. If it is illegal, the government said it is wrong, and consequently God says it is wrong. And stupid is believing it is right to asses the law and only obey the one that YOU agree with. As I said, if you want pot legal, DO SOMETHING, otherwise sit down and shut up. If it came to a vote, I may very well vote to legalize pot. But I would want to do more research on the subject. As it is now, it is illegal to use pot, so why waste my time to research something that I have no interest in? But if it came to a vote, then there would be an incentive. If you don't make an effort to achieve what you want, you have NO right to b*tch. After all, God helps those who help themselves.

demsvmejm

Just to make sure everyone knows my position on pot, I AM NOT DEAD-SET AGAINST LEGALIZING IT. I am against the [Ib]illegal[/Ib] use of it. Hey, the Native Americans used it. Before I cast my vote for or against the legalization of marijuana I would want more information. So if you want it legal, DO SOMETHING.

ZmOz

Captain

I never said I wanted pot legalized. If it came to a vote, I probably would say yes, but I don't really care either way. Like I said, I don't smoke pot, and not because it's illegal. YOU are the only one "b*tching" here. And GOD is completely irrelivant to this discussion. :rolleyes: YOU are judging people that smoke pot simply because it is illegal, and for no other reason. That is ridiculous to put it nicely.

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

ZmOz,<br />Here is a quote from you<br /><br />
<br />I don't smoke pot, but yes, I have tried it. I guarantee you that in 70 years people will be buying a dime bag at a convenience store laughing about how it used to be illegal...the way we look at prohibition today.<br /><br />I'm 19 and I have my fair share of beer. Is that wrong of me just because some uneducated bueraucrat decided I shouldn't drink until I'm 21? If I want to use a mood altering substance responsibly in my own home that doesn't harm me or anyone else, it's nobody's business but my own.
So in other words<br />to quote David Moore<br />
<br />if you want pot legal, DO SOMETHING, otherwise sit down and shut up. <br />
and<br />
<br />If you don't make an effort to achieve what you want, you have NO right to b*tch<br />
Nuff said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<br />Get it?<br />If they are soooooo uneducated maybe you should educate them. <br /><br />AK Chappy

ZmOz

Captain

Like I said already, I couldn't care less if it was legal or not. Whether it's illegal or not has ZERO influence on any decision I make to drink or smoke pot. (and again...I don't smoke pot) What annoys me are not the uneducated morons that make stupid laws that are not in the best intrest of the public, but those like David who think just because something is illegal that makes it wrong. If David has a good reason why he thinks pot is wrong that's great, that's his opinion and I'd love to hear it. Thinking it's wrong just because it's illegal is just asinine.

notinbig

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hey ya'll, I wll clear this a little for ya'll. I quit a couple years ago when I quit cigarettes. He has always had jobs where it's no issue[no tests(real estate, etc...)] anywho the offer never came to be anything worth accepting anyways. so thanks to ya'll and I 'm sorry to start such a "Ripple in the waters"<br /><br />Peace :cool:

BigPoppaG

Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by Mark42:<br /> Now there's a test I can pass with no problem and nobody gives it to me!
ROFLMAO!!! Ditto for me.

demsvmejm

Originally posted by ZmOz:<br /> Like I said already, I couldn't care less if it was legal or not. Whether it's illegal or not has ZERO influence on any decision I make...
You said it. You appear to feel that you have the privilege of determining what laws you will obey and which ones don't serve your purposes. I am sad for you. :( <br /><br />I find it amazing that when one is faced with an indefensible position, they turn to name calling. It shows ones level of intelligence, and integrity. I don’t mean to turn to name calling myself, but am simply pointing out a behavior I’ve notice in people in general.<br /><br />I think most have a clear vision of what my position is. An act may or may not in-and-of itself be right or wrong. But if the act is legislated as illegal, committing that act is wrong. I am sorry if you do not agree, but society is civilized but a set of rules, called laws. These laws must be obeyed if society is to survive and flourish. These laws provide for your rights and privileges. At the same time other laws impose upon those rights and privileges. This is necessary for the safe, respectful interaction of two or more persons. And obeying these laws should not be at the discretion of each individual.

ZmOz

Captain

David, what I, or anyone else does in their own home, as long as they're not bothering anyone else, is absolutely none of your business. Millions of other Americans feel the same way I do, so you better just learn to live with it. Please explain to me how anyone smoking pot in their own home has any effect what so ever on "society surviving or flourishing".

Tinkerer

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by ZmOz:<br /> Please explain to me how anyone smoking pot in their own home has any effect what so ever on "society surviving or flourishing".
They could get too wasted to procreate? :) <br /><br />"Wrong" is a moral term, as is "right". <br /><br />Laws are not concerned with morals but with the arbitrary imposition of controls, punishments and prescription of procedures, whether for people, corporations, activities or whatever. <br /><br />Law and morality rarely coincide. <br /><br />The vast bulk of law is concerned with stuff that most people never think about and which has absolutely no moral content, like occupational registration, town planning, economic regulation, tax collection, administration of deceased estates, public health, weights and measures, elections, and so on. <br /><br />Breaking a law is always illegal. <br /><br />It is not necessarily immoral.<br /><br />Overstaying a parking period restriction or failing to register your dog is illegal but not immoral.<br /><br />Murdering someone is both illegal and immoral.<br /><br />If smoking pot is immoral or wrong because it is illegal, it follows that smoking tobacco and drinking alcohol or having an abortion are moral or right because they are legal.<br /><br />Therefore, to be a moral person you must do all that is right and smoke tobacco, drink alcohol, and have an abortion. If you don't accept this then you can't assert that something is wrong just because it is illegal, or that it is right just because it is legal.<br /><br />There is also the problem that laws change. If right or morality and legality are equivalent, and wrong or immorality are also equivalent, it follows that slavery was right or moral until it was outlawed when it magically transformed into being wrong or immoral. So we could make slavery right or moral again just by making it legal again.<br /><br />A further problem with laws is that they can be patently bad, wrong and immoral. Such as the laws in Nazi Germany depriving Jews, disabled people and homosexuals, amongst others, of various human rights. Was it right to do those things just because it was legal? There were also laws prohibiting people from helping or hiding Jews to defeat the laws persecuting them. Was it wrong to break those laws just because it was illegal?