Pee Test?

Tinkerer

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Pee Test?

Originally posted by One More Cast:<br /> Also Illegal.....<br /> Answering your cell phone while driving.(in some states)<br /> Pulling out of one driveway and driving up the road 100' to your mothers driveway without your seatbelt.<br /> Throwing your butts out the window.<br />
Mate, I couldn't reach the pedals with my butt out the window.

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

Right or Wrong vs Legal or Illegal. Sorry but this argument is a non-starter. Seven of the Ten Commandments are not the least bit Illegal.<br /><br />I. You can worship any god you like or none at all ... Freedom of/from Religion.<br />II. You can use the name of the Lord thy God in vain ... Freedom of Speech.<br />III. A lot of good religious people have to work on the Sabbath and Christians totally ignore this one by worshipping on Sunday which is not the Sabbath. Saturday is.<br />IV. Dishonoring your Elders is not only legal, but common (unfortuanately). I never heard of anyone going to jail over this.<br />VI. You can commit Adultery and never go to jail or pay a fine.<br />IX & X. Coveting is a Civil matter, not a Criminal one.<br /><br />Thanks for the ripples, notinbig. ;) We haven't had a good brawl on here since the election. :D

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

It sure is funny how someone was asking how to pass or get around a test and it turns into a legal vs illegal or moral vs immoral topic.<br /><br />I look at it this way. Private business can do anything they pretty much please to run their business. That is a free will work place. You applied for the job and must adhere to their policies. <br /><br />It is ashame that the 5th amendment only applies to a court. I look it as a privacy issue. A person can do certain drugs on a friday night and be clean for work monday. Pot on the other hand stays in the system much longer, but does not mean that person is under its influence.<br /><br />BTW, I heard on the radio the other day that they have found that THC helps prevent harding of the arteries. Due to the Marijuana TaxAct of 1937 it had stopped all research on its possibilites to be used for more medical purposes. Besides, who knows what else marijuana could be used for. Of course we will never know because it was made illegal long ago.<br /><br />I personnaly would like to have it researched in the medical field. Who knows, maybe one of the cures for cancer could be found in its properties.

ZmOz

Captain

Originally posted by SS Mayfloat:<br />I personnaly would like to have it researched in the medical field. Who knows, maybe one of the cures for cancer could be found in its properties.
I'm pretty sure they're already researching it, even though it's illegal. They must have had some pretty good facts to get the various medical marijuana laws passed. Even things like crack can be used in scientific environments under certain circumstances. There are actually companies that legally sell extremely pure illegal drugs for science purposes.

Link

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by Mark42:<br /> Now there's a test I can pass with no problem and nobody gives it to me!
LOL me too.. aint fair! ;)

demsvmejm

Master Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by Tinkerer:<br />
Originally posted by ZmOz:<br /> Please explain to me how anyone smoking pot in their own home has any effect what so ever on "society surviving or flourishing".
They could get too wasted to procreate? :) <br /><br />"Wrong" is a moral term, as is "right". <br /><br />Laws are not concerned with morals but with the arbitrary imposition of controls, punishments and prescription of procedures, whether for people, corporations, activities or whatever. <br /><br />Law and morality rarely coincide. <br /><br />The vast bulk of law is concerned with stuff that most people never think about and which has absolutely no moral content, like occupational registration, town planning, economic regulation, tax collection, administration of deceased estates, public health, weights and measures, elections, and so on. <br /><br />Breaking a law is always illegal. <br /><br />It is not necessarily immoral.<br /><br />Overstaying a parking period restriction or failing to register your dog is illegal but not immoral.<br /><br />Murdering someone is both illegal and immoral.<br /><br />If smoking pot is immoral or wrong because it is illegal, it follows that smoking tobacco and drinking alcohol or having an abortion are moral or right because they are legal.<br /><br />Therefore, to be a moral person you must do all that is right and smoke tobacco, drink alcohol, and have an abortion. If you don't accept this then you can't assert that something is wrong just because it is illegal, or that it is right just because it is legal.<br /><br />There is also the problem that laws change. If right or morality and legality are equivalent, and wrong or immorality are also equivalent, it follows that slavery was right or moral until it was outlawed when it magically transformed into being wrong or immoral. So we could make slavery right or moral again just by making it legal again.<br /><br />A further problem with laws is that they can be patently bad, wrong and immoral. Such as the laws in Nazi Germany depriving Jews, disabled people and homosexuals, amongst others, of various human rights. Was it right to do those things just because it was legal? There were also laws prohibiting people from helping or hiding Jews to defeat the laws persecuting them. Was it wrong to break those laws just because it was illegal?
You are trying the logicla argument of either or. I simply was trying to express that if some act is illegal, it is wrong to commit the act. Simply because something is legal does not make it right, however. That is where the either/or argument falls apart. But there are those who seem th think that their wants are paramount to the laws of society. Without adherence to those laws you could not expect to enjoy any of the freedoms which those laws provide.

ZmOz

Captain

Originally posted by David L. Moore:<br />I simply was trying to express that if some act is illegal, it is wrong to commit the act.
Maybe YOU think that, but you're about the only one here. Please stop trying to force your views upon us. Funny how you just skipped right over the question I asked you... :rolleyes:

demsvmejm

Funny how you are the most vocal opponent of my point of view.<br /><br />And humor me please, what was that question? I couldn't see the question though the rant.

ZmOz

Captain

Originally posted by ZmOz:<br />Please explain to me how anyone smoking pot in their own home has any effect what so ever on "society surviving or flourishing".
Note that nobody is defending your point of view...

demsvmejm

Note that todays society is self-centered and solely interested in one's wants.<br />To respond to your question would be fools fodder. In your own home, in the public park, or on the school playground, it does not matter what the action is, if it is illegal, committing the act is wrong. I am sorry to see what society as a whole believe to be acceptable. Anything to make one feel good, regardless.

one more cast

Captain

In Texas, it's against the law for anyone to have a pair of pliers in his or her possession. <br /><br />In Philadelphia, you can't put pretzels in bags based on an Act of 1760. <br /><br />Alaska law says that you can't look at a moose from an airplane. <br /><br />In Corpus Christie, Texas, it is illegal to raise alligators in your home. <br /><br />In Miami, it is forbidden to imitate an animal. <br /><br />It is against the law to mispronounce the name of the State of Arkansas in that State. <br /><br />In Illinois, the law is that a car must be driven with the steering wheel. <br /><br />California law prohibits a woman from driving a car while dressed in a housecoat. <br /><br />In Memphis, Tennessee, a woman is not to drive a car unless a man warns approaching motorists or pedestrians by walking in front of the car that is being driven. <br /><br />In Tennessee, it is against the law to drive a car while sleeping. <br /><br />In New York, it is against the law for a blind person to drive an automobile. <br /><br />In West Virginia, only babies can ride in a baby carriage. <br /><br />In Georgia, it is against the law to slap a man on the back or front. <br /><br />A barber is not to advertise prices in the State of Georgia. <br /><br />In Louisiana, a bill was introduced years ago in the State House of Representatives that fixed a ceiling on haircuts for bald men of 25 cents.<br /><br />In Oklahoma, no baseball team can hit the ball over the fence or out of a ballpark. <br /><br /><br /> <br /> In Rochester, Michigan, the law is that anyone bathing in public must have the bathing suit inspected by a police officer ! <br /><br /><br />In Kentucky, it's the law that a person must take a bath once a year.<br /><br />In Utah, birds have the right of way on any public highway.<br /><br />In Ohio, one must have a license to keep a bear.<br /><br />In Tennessee, a law exists which prohibits the sale of bologna (sandwich meat) on Sunday.<br /><br />In Virginia, the Code of 1930 has a statute which prohibits corrupt practices or bribery by any person other than political candidates.<br /><br />In Providence, Rhode Island, it is against the law to jump off a bridge.<br /><br />In the State of Kansas, you're not allowed to drive a buffalo through a street.<br /><br />In Florida, it is against the law to put livestock on a school bus.<br /><br />In New Jersey, cabbage can't be sold on Sunday.<br /><br /> <br /> In Galveston, Texas, it is illegal to have a camel run loose in the street! <br /><br /><br />In North Carolina, it is against the law for dogs and cats to fight. <br /><br />In Singapore, it is illegal to chew gum. <br /><br />In Cleveland, Ohio, it is unlawful to leave chewing gum in public places. <br /><br />In Virginia, chickens cannot lay eggs before 8:00 a.m., and must be done before 4:00 p.m. <br /><br />In New York, it is against the law for children to pick up or collect cigarette and cigar butts. <br /><br />In Massachusetts, it is against the law to put tomatos in clam chowder. <br /><br />In Washington State, you can't carry a concealed weapon that is over 6 feet in length. <br /><br />In San Francisco, there is an ordinance, which bans the picking up and throwing of used confetti. <br /><br />In Kentucky, it is illegal for a merchant to force a person into his place of business for the purpose of making a sale. <br /><br />It is against the law in Connecticut for a man to write love letters to a girl whose mother or father has forbidden the relationship. <br /><br />In Michigan, married couples must live together or be imprisoned. <br /><br /> <br /> In the state of Colorado, a pet cat, if loose, must have a tail-light ! <br /><br /><br />In Phoenix, Arizona, you can't walk through a hotel lobby with spurs on. <br /><br />In California, a law created in 1925 makes it illegal to wiggle while dancing. <br /><br />In Utah, daylight must be visible between dancing couples. <br /><br />In Michigan, it is against the law for a lady to lift her skirt more than 6 inches while walking through a mud puddle. <br /><br />In North Carolina, it is against the law for a rabbit to race down the street. <br /><br />In Georgia, it's against the law to spread a false rumor. <br /><br />In West Virginia, one can't cook sauerkraut or cabbage due to the odors and the offence is subject to imprisonment. <br /><br />In Missouri, a man must have a permit to shave. <br /><br />The law states that more than 3000 sheep cannot be herded down Hollywood Blvd. at any one time. <br /><br />In Texas, it is still a "hanging offense" to steal cattle.

Link

Rear Admiral

OMC and your point is ;) <br />In Washington state if you are entering a county in a motorized vehicle with criminal intentions you must call the local sheriff and inform him.<br /><br />Thats not a exact quote but close :D

Scali

Petty Officer 1st Class

I'm 43 & havent smoked pot in 20 years as a student but used to enjoy it , theres times when I'm stressed out a couple tokes would really hit the spot but it's not legal so I dont but if they did legalize it I'd be the first on line with my fresh pak of EZ Widers a bag of Doritos & a Pink Floyd album, he he

Link

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by One More Cast:<br /> :D :D my point being ...some laws just don't make sense.
20 years ago the team I was on had to fly down to Ft Hood Texas for some classes. After work we decieded to go out and have a drink. The road we were driving down was actually a county line. The right side of the road was a "Dry" county meaning no alcohlic beverages sold or consumed and the left hand side of the road was a "wet" county meaning they had bars. <br />We thought that was a bit strange but hey, we can follow the rules.. then we pulled into a bar.. only to find that it was a private club meaning you had to pay a cover charge to be a member..and they didnt sell booze.. you had to go out and buy your own bottle and bring it in and then they would pour it for you for a fee! :confused: <br />At that point we just drove back to Base and went to the Bowling Alley and ordered a beer and dinner.<br />That was a strange evening. :)

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

I was the Unit Alcohol And Drug Coordinator at my last unit I was stationed (in the Army). It was loads of fun, as I got to process the urinalasis for my entire company. I got to watch the stream exit the source and all that good stuff. I also got to go to school for it, and in that course I learned there is nothing that can "clean" you out other than metabolizing. What has been said is true, a thin athletic individual will metabolize the drugs out of the system faster than a more sentient person of greater fat content. <br /><br />A person who claims that the so-called "cleaners" worked either did not have enough of the drug in their system in the first place or the sample was never tested. Just because you fill the bottle does not mean it gets tested. Most organizations random test individual samples, they do not test every bottle. When we did it, I had everyone fill the bottle, but only those who were actually suspected of drug use, plus a few random individuals were actually tested. <br /><br />In the end, if a user does not come up hot it is because of shear luck or he did not have enough in his system. The best way to avoid the whole mess is to not use drugs in the first place.

demsvmejm

OMC - I believe I wrote that if you want something that is illegal to be legal, "DO SOMETHING, otherwise sit down and shut up."<br />And if you want something changed you must put forth some effort. "If you don't make an effort to achieve what you want, you have NO right to b*tch"

ZmOz

Captain

Originally posted by David L. Moore:<br />To respond to your question would be fools fodder. In your own home, in the public park, or on the school playground, it does not matter what the action is, if it is illegal, committing the act is wrong. I am sorry to see what society as a whole believe to be acceptable. Anything to make one feel good, regardless.
So in other words, you can't answer the question. :rolleyes: Like I said beore, you better get used to it, because you're the minority and there's not a damn thing you can do about it. <br /><br />Is there anybody here that thinks what you do in your own home is any of David's business? Anyone?<br /><br />Again, David, you're the only one "b*tching" here.<br /><br />
Originally posted by David L. Moore:<br />if it is illegal, committing the act is wrong.
This is your opinion and it is ONLY an opinion. Nobody else here seems to agree. Please quit your pointless "b*tching".