Pee Test?

notinbig

Petty Officer 1st Class
Can I ask how would a guy pass a urine test? My brother got a job offer from an amazing company however they may spring a pee test on him before he can start work. Any ideas?

Stumpknocker

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Pee Test?

May I suggest that he not use drugs? Then there will be no problem at all. Have a good day.

sangerwaker

Commander

Are you saying he could fail? Doesn't really take any studying. :p <br /><br />I have lots of ideas, but don't know if here is the place to discuss this. Shoot me an email.

one more cast

Captain

If he is a drug user then non use for a short while ( not sure of the time) will clear the test but its the hair test that will get him! I know someone that quit smoking pot and three months later passed a drug test for a new job and then they did a hair follicle test and fired him. I also know of another that thought he could pass the pee test by taking that stuff that they sell in some magazines and it didn't work, he lost a really good job because he wouldn't leave the dope alone.

sangerwaker

Commander

Exactly OMC. Marijuana will stay in your system for many weeks. Best bet is to abstain. The fat cells in your body hold the toxins the longest, so a person who has more fat cells will keep the drugs in their system longer. I think pot stays in your system 6-8 weeks, but much longer in your hair folicles.

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

Marijuana stays in the system for 28 to 30 days. Meth for 5 to 7 days. Coke about the same. A lot of the synthetics like EX, GHB, Rohypnal etc will stay for a few hours to 2 days. <br />I have heard many rumors that is supposed to work, most do not. Basically the test checks metabolized levels. You have to metabolize the stuff to get it out of your system. Some of the methods I have heard of, drink lots of water.....false. Your body metabolizes at the same rate no matter what you drink. It is not a matter of voiding the bladder. <br />Drink Clorox.....false. Know a kid that heard this, drank a cup of clorox a day for a week, still failed. You can go to high times magazine or their website, or other places online and buy a gelatin mix. I don't know what this will do, but it won't hide drugs. <br />Keep in mind some of these miracle cures will show on a drug screen. Anyone testing that knows their job will look for these "cleansing" mixes, and will fail you based on that. <br />Every dope smoker has some stupid story of how they beat the drug screen. Comes down to most are too stupid to realize it wasn't the method of "studying" for the test, it was the amount of time it took them to get ready. <br />He could go online and buy some "clean urine". They make special dope loser under shorts with a bladder sewn in. <br />Or the best method, grow up and stop using the stuff. If I every find out someone I hired or work with, even in my past jobs, was high and screwing around with the test there would be some serious fightin going on.

johnson-liner

Petty Officer 1st Class

Drinking about a quart of pure lemon juice followed by a couple gallons of water has worked. seems to do the same thing as the over the counter liquid "cleaners".....you pee your brains out all day. Whether there is science to why it worked, I don't know. Could be that they didn't test for Miss Mary Jane.<br /><br />As to the "sad, sad sad"....if your posting that about pot, I sure hope you do the same in a booze thread. I guess if the gov't says it's bad bad bad it has to be. Has a bad rap because of (a)the abusers and (b)those at the doo-gooder end who will fight to the end against something they aren't educated on/don't even understand. The normal recreational user (who is no different than someone who has some booze every now and then) gets the short end of the stick and gets looked down upon. Sure is a good thing no one abuses alcohol or it might be illegal too :rolleyes: <br /><br />That's my couple pennies worth anyway. Now let me get my helmet ready for the bashing :)

KaGee

Admiral

Friend of mine drives truck... he will not even eat anything with Sesame seeds or poppy seeds for fear of failing a random testing. He says both come from the same family as opiates and can show up the same.

johnson-liner

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks for the facts DD. Like you said...most if not all of the magic cleaners don't do anything. I figure the lemon juice thing didn't either and the company just didn't specify to test for pot. <br /><br />I just love working with people who are drinking at work (in an office mind you) who apparently can't be fired unless someone whitnesses a labeled bottle being poured. I've never smoked before or at work a day in my life...but I'm the BAD one. Makes me want to puke.

Kenneth Brown

Captain

Burn one for me JL. If its ever legalized I'll burn one with ya, till then I'm still a non-user.

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

Salt water will also make you pee a lot. It will cleans what urine is immediately passing the bladder, but bottom line, you are still metabolizing the chemical. As the body metabolizes it will pass this into the urine. <br /><br />Little fact, the proper way to do a urine test is to first take a void. Empty the bladder completely, then wait until the subject has to go again. That sample will be the most accurate for concentration. <br />Technically the limit should be 28 nanograms. The recreational pot smoker will usually not test over that level unless the test is done within a day or two. That is if the test is done right with a void first.<br />problem is, if you tell your boss you need to void first they will not see it as the proper way to test they will see it as a refusal. <br />It would also depend on what test they ran. The stick test or presumptive test is not very accurate. It will test posative if your just sitting by someone smoking or it won't test at all for the daily smoker. The human body will only metabolize at a certain rate. It is not a matter of peeing out the bad, it still has to use and break down the chemicals. <br />By the way, I personally don't have a problem with someone who wants to sit down and smoke a doobie on a friday night. It is illegal and if I stumble on it working I will go after it, but I won't waste a lot of time on weed. What I don't go for is those who have to have a hit morning noon and night. People that have to go to work high is just a ridiculous idea. If an ADULT wants to smoke some once in a while, we should legalize it regulate it and tax it.

johnson-liner

Petty Officer 1st Class

Exactly. You just have to be sensible about it. Which, and I guess you could insert "especially for a cop" :D , you seem to be very reasonable DD and actually think things through before forming an opinion. Thanks for that. Too many people are too high (no pun intended) on their horse to take the time.<br /><br />And the morning, noon and nighters you mention....I don't understand them either. Just like an alcoholic, they just need help and to get clean. Both are just another way to avoid the reality of life and every alcoholic/potaholic has their own reason/problem for avoiding their own reality. It's unfortunate with any drug but you can't always protect people from themselves. <br /><br />Just like guns, it's not the drug's fault...it's the person's fault.

ae708

Chief Petty Officer

If one isn't doing illegal drugs then one has no reason to fear a drug test. Seems to me that if I had the choice of making a living and doing drugs that might keep me from doing this...hmmmm..to me it's a no brainer.

sangerwaker

Commander

Very well said JL. I could not agree more.<br /><br />Thanks for the education DD.

briannh1234

Petty Officer 1st Class

Funny and true story - A Guy I know wanted to beat the test - He submitted his wife's urine. Test came back clean - and pregnant.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Yea and the drunk/pot smoker gets behind the wheel of a car and kills a family. Yea that's something to look forward too. :rolleyes: <br /><br />Don't use either and don't have anything for anyone that does either and gets in the car and drives down the road. Me and my family travel these roads and I would like to get from point A to point B without getting killed or injured by a stupid alcoholic or pot head.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Back to the question of this thread, tell him to quit the drugs if he wants to pass the test.<br /><br />I drove truck for 22 years and have seen some pretty stupid stuff done to "pass" the test, they all failed.