OHOH

dozerII

Admiral
Update coming soon still at camp chieftain is tucked in the hanger out of the snow and rain

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Update coming soon still at camp chieftain is tucked in the hanger out of the snow and rain

Where are your priorities? You left the Stamada in a lurch. :mad-new:;)

Hope the first camp trip of the season gave you a load of fish, Dozer.

dozerII

Admiral
Okay sorry guys, we made it home ,despite the weather we had a great weekend at camp, finally got to run the new motor in the 81 SS of Darcy's today. But back to the story.

Left at 1AM Friday morning arrived at the P/O's residence at 10:45 AM 1025km later. Great weather to travel and only fuel stops along the way. He wasn't ready for me so we had a little bit of screwing around to get the boat switched on the trailer. The boat launch wasn't 3/4 mile away it was closer to 3-4 miles, dropped my trailer in the parking lot went back to his place to tow the boat over as he had no vehicle that was registered to do it. I was a little worried cuz I didn't know what kind of shape the bellows were in as the boat has not seen use in 5 years, really hoping she didn't sink while I was switching trailers. Here she is floating proudly in the Marina on Lake Winnipeg. And yes I paid too much for her, but they are rare as hens teeth up here.

She never leaked a drop and the switch went real slick in about 10 minutes. I hit the road at 12:15 and headed for home arrived at our camp at 10:30 2050 Km plus loading in 21.5 hours, no wonder I was tired.

Here she is in the hanger, interior is toast as usual, gonna try to fire up the 165 before I wrap her up till her turn comes to get prudied up. The only dent in the hull is on the starboard bow in this picture

She makes the 18 Holiday look pretty small

Last edited:

budski

Lieutenant Commander
Looks good Glen, And I thought I did good driving about 1450 km's round trip and took me 2 days.

dozerII

Admiral
Looks good Glen, And I thought I did good driving about 1450 km's round trip and took me 2 days.

Thanks John, that's some kind of trailer he's got, he put it up for sale and never even changed the rusted bearings. Great shape my A@$

Looks like I got out of Manitoba just in times weather wise

Last edited:

SigSaurP229

Commander
GOOD STUFF Glen I think you should keep the retro 70's Them mustard yellow and all. Those cabin cushions ROCK

g0nef1sshn

Lieutenant
ok got my fix. I pay high on somethings if I want the item bad enough and to me its worth it. Dont think you overpaid if it is worth it to you. Can you repost your plans for this one? I dont know if you already did 10-11 pages ago or not.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Nice looking Chief, look forward to seeing you tear into it ;)

Tnstratofam

Commander
Glad to see you've added the big Chief to your Starmada. She looks like a great project.

budski

Lieutenant Commander
Yes maybe if the old guy finds someone that doesn't know any better he may get his 800 for it but I don;t think any tine soon, and yes you sure did get out of Manitoba on we had about 4 inches of snow here on Sunday morning, all gone now but made for so treacherous driving in some areas.

Decker83

Commander
Very nice Chief.. Looked good floating at the ramp..:high5:
How did Darcy's motor do for ya?

hayko1971

Starmada Splash of the Year 2015
Ooh boy, I can't wait to see how this one turns out, I'm glad you made it back safe n sound with an awesome new toy!

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Finally! Welcome to the Chief brotherhood Glen, she's a fine looking craft that's begging for some deconstruction They sure are easy boats to fall for head over heels. :thumb:

Can't wait to see the old gal brought back with pride and joy!

dozerII

Admiral
GOOD STUFF Glen I think you should keep the retro 70's Them mustard yellow and all. Those cabin cushions ROCK

Thanks Sig, ya I don't think there is going to be any mustard yellow or plaid in this ole girls future.

ok got my fix. I pay high on somethings if I want the item bad enough and to me its worth it. Dont think you overpaid if it is worth it to you. Can you repost your plans for this one? I dont know if you already did 10-11 pages ago or not.

I'm starting to think that we Tinheads start to think about these boats the way we thought about Women in our teens and common sense doesn't enter into the process. I have no real plans for her yet, just finding her and getting her home has been a real challenge. Thought's and visions are starting to roll around in the head though.

Sweet! Great looking Chief, dozer. Congrats! Will this be a keeper?

Thanks Chem, that's a good question, I get asked a lot:facepalm:

Nice looking Chief, look forward to seeing you tear into it ;)

Thanks John

Glad to see you've added the big Chief to your Starmada. She looks like a great project.

Thanks tns

Very nice Chief.. Looked good floating at the ramp..:high5:
How did Darcy's motor do for ya?

Thanks Decker, Darcy's motor runs great, think she is going to need some trim tabs though.

Ooh boy, I can't wait to see how this one turns out, I'm glad you made it back safe n sound with an awesome new toy!

Thanks Rob, this one is going to have to get wrapped up for a while till the V5 is done.

Finally! Welcome to the Chief brotherhood Glen, she's a fine looking craft that's begging for some deconstruction They sure are easy boats to fall for head over heels. :thumb:

Can't wait to see the old gal brought back with pride and joy!

Thanks Rob, yes they are I have already spent some time sitting in the helm set making silent motor sounds and looking over my shoulder to see if anyone is watching:D

Alumarine

Captain
I was Marc, but I was in and out so fast you didn't even know I was there.:rolleyes:

I guess I was too busy working in the rain/cold under my boat top to notice!
Very nice project you got there. Congrats.
I'm looking forward to seeing you work your magic on this one.

Last edited:

MNhunter1

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Great score Dozer! Looking forward to watching this one unfold, regardless of the wait.