OHOH

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Question for everyone, is a 260 Mercruiser too much for a 22 Chief:D

Nope - In fact a 454 is on the puny side. :rolleyes: But if all you have the motor from the rat rod, it'll have to do! LOL

Now that the RR is done for now and it's Tin project time, is another donor floating up to your drydock? :D

dozerII

Admiral
Nope - In fact a 454 is on the puny side. :rolleyes: But if all you have the motor from the rat rod, it'll have to do! LOL

Now that the RR is done for now and it's Tin project time, is another donor floating up to your drydock? :D

A glasser with a bad transom was brought to my attention. Very nice boat other than the transom and the itch, but we are way to far apart on the price.

classiccat

"Captain" + Starmada Splash Of The Year 2020
A glasser with a bad transom was brought to my attention. Very nice boat other than the transom and the itch, but we are way to far apart on the price.

Is the Admiral planning another flower bed for spring? :D

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Question for everyone, is a 260 Mercruiser too much for a 22 Chief:D

More weight and more fuel are the only down side I can think of for a 5.7 V8 over the 4.3 V6... but too much? Nah no way, I would say just right! :D

dozerII

Admiral
13 pages of banter on this thread and all I have done is bring the boat home and store it!!:D You would almost think it was a Jasoutside thread:behindsofa:.

Well I'm still storing her but after two years out in the sun the tarp let go in our last wind rain storm alerting me to the fact that one of our heavy wet snow storms this last spring blew out the port upper windshield glass. :eek:

So to make the new tarp last longer and easier to get off, so maybe a guy can start digging out all the rotten wood, she got moved one step closer to the restoration bay;)

You can see the glass that sucks

I think once I get started on the re-do I may re-name this thread or start a new one.

Last edited:

oldhaven

Chief Petty Officer
I look forward to seeing the magic touch applied to this one. hard to believe you have been able to wait to tear into it to see what is waiting under the deck.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
We've been patiently waiting for your mid sized Chief to get the loving Dozer treatment, especially after what that Brain guy did to his Chief. :eek:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
The busted glass sucks. And after you lovingly prepared her for long-term storage, too. :lol:

winterized.PNG

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner
13 pages of banter on this thread and all I have done is bring the boat home and store it!!:D You would almost think it was a Jasoutside thread:behindsofa:.

You've only got about 6,000 more posts and you'll be there! :thumb: