OHOH

dozerII

Admiral
The nice little Yammy 70, needs a water pump and there is a wiring problem with the trim it goes up and down with a jumper wire but not the switch.

Top cyl

Middle

Bottom

I didn't even take a picture of the boat it is real ugly and roached the floor is heaved up in the center from freeze damage, the P/O said to me this morning I have a new cover for it but forgot to put it on in the fall. The trailer needs tires and paint but is a nice little EZloader ( yuk another trailer)

Gibbles

Commander
Wait... you finally got your chief?!!!

Late to the party, I have been up to my elbows in grease with my new project :watermelon:

dozerII

Admiral

Late to the party, I have been up to my elbows in grease with my new project :watermelon:

Not 100% yet gotta wait for it to thaw out of the massive snow bank it is froze in and have the wheel bearings fixed, then maybe.:couch2:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Grease or resin, Gibs? You had to get a glasser. Shoulda got a Tin Indian. :D

Not 100% yet gotta wait for it to thaw out of the massive snow bank it is froze in and have the wheel bearings fixed, then maybe.:couch2:

Do you still have hopes on the one that started this thread, DII?

dozerII

Admiral
I do GA, I talked with the old fellow about a month ago and he still says he will fix the bearing and sell her to me.

dozerII

Admiral
So I started tearing the 70 Yammie down to replace the water pump and found the impeller in good shape. Stood there and scratched my head trying to figure out why it wasn't peeing, ( all i got was slivers) Put the pump back together and the leg back on, only this time when I hooked up the muffs I used my own set instead of the ones that were in the boat, DUH as it turns out they were pooched.
Now I fired it up and it was peeing real good, so I started looking over the motor and there were two exhaust cover bolts dripping water, so I grab a 10mm wrench to snug them up and I find out why it was for sale, pulled both bolts out without turning them, broke off:eek:. Shut her down and take her in for the tear down, well of the 16 bolts I had 7 broke off flush with the head:violin:. Didn't want to wine for you guys so I just got at it, they are all drilled out and re-tapped, only one is questionable. Once the gaskets get here I can put the exhaust cover back on and then the power head, boy out boards are a pain in the butt:rolleyes:

64osby

Admiral
Might be a PITA, but it is something you fixed. Not a machine shop.

GA_Boater

So I started tearing the 70 Yammie down to replace the water pump and found the impeller in good shape. Stood there and scratched my head trying to figure out why it wasn't peeing, ( all i got was slivers) Put the pump back together and the leg back on, only this time when I hooked up the muffs I used my own set instead of the ones that were in the boat, DUH as it turns out they were pooched.
Now I fired it up and it was peeing real good, so I started looking over the motor and there were two exhaust cover bolts dripping water, so I grab a 10mm wrench to snug them up and I find out why it was for sale, pulled both bolts out without turning them, broke off:eek:. Shut her down and take her in for the tear down, well of the 16 bolts I had 7 broke off flush with the head:violin:. Didn't want to wine for you guys so I just got at it, they are all drilled out and re-tapped, only one is questionable. Once the gaskets get here I can put the exhaust cover back on and then the power head, boy out boards are a pain in the butt:rolleyes:

Yes - You are right, Dozer. http://forums.iboats.com/forum/engi...oard-engines-outdrives/9175550-water-in-riser

:sorry: I couldn't resist. :joyous:

You should be able to put it all together after slapping on the new gaskets and cover. Did you get a new power head base gasket?.

dozerII

Admiral
Yes - You are right, Dozer. http://forums.iboats.com/forum/engin...water-in-riser

:sorry: I couldn't resist. :joyous:

You should be able to put it all together after slapping on the new gaskets and cover. Did you get a new power head base gasket?.

Yes I do have a new base gasket coming as well.

Poor reference there GA, although there was a water leak like the O/B. Unlike the stinking outboard all the bolts didn't break when I was taking it apart to repair it,:fencing::D

Last edited:

GA_Boater

Yes I do have a new base gasket coming as well.

Poor reference there GA, although there was a water leak like the O/B. Unlike the stinking outboard all the bolts didn't break when I was taking it apart to repair it,:fencing::D

But I still had to :fencing: with you. :lol:

PS - When will you be replacing the Yammie short block? :rolleyes:

You know I'm just pulling your chain, Glen. All of them take work.

dozerII

Admiral
But I still had to :fencing: with you. :lol:

PS - When will you be replacing the Yammie short block? :rolleyes:

You know I'm just pulling your chain, Glen. All of them take work.

You bet ya, it's all about having fun. :peace:

dozerII

Admiral
Happy Easter everyone, Spring is in the air, the Easter Bunny woke up to 8 inches of wet heavy snow and it's still coming down with a heavy snowfall warning in place.

:eek::tea:

jbcurt00

Staff member
Happy Easter Glen.

Hate to hear more snow, plus warnings, ugh....

GA_Boater

All the white stuff is gonna make the Easter Egg hunt a real challenge this year! Have a great day!

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
I ran out early this morning to see if the Easter bunny hid a SS V5 for me... nope ... I wonder what happened???

175685d1265355229-ran-over-rabbit-last-night-easter-late.jpe