"Ohio Roundo"

gonfishn

Commander
Re: "Ohio Roundo"

Made reservations today for the Saltfork run. Got a cottage on the lake with all the big dog extras.<br /><br />A kitchen for bubbas steaks(he doesn't know yet he has to bring)and a stove for the Italian to cook on. Gonfishns job will be nothing that has to do with the word work. Their is a grill and fire-ring on outside.<br /><br />Anyone wanting to spend some time on Saltfork on Saturday are welcome to join us..Let BubbaKat know so he can bring the steaks and MellowYellow on what food you want him to cook..<br /><br />Here is website<br /><br /> http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/parks/parks/saltfork.htm

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Man I wish I could make that one, but just can't get away then.<br />Don't think bubba could come up with enough steaks for that.<br />Poor MY would be wore plum out by the time he got done cooking them. :D

BrianFD

Senior Chief Petty Officer

We're hoping to be there Saturday, Jeff, but don't count us in for dinner. The wife loves pizza from a little place in Cambridge (the name escapes me, but it's just north of I-70 on St Rt 22 before you get to KMart). Best pizza I've ever had...

JGREGORY

Lieutenant

Flahthead just reread this post and you must have posted right before I did. I'll let you know about the Nock thingy. We could possible catch up I have your e-mail I'll give you a holler later. :cool: :cool: :cool:

bubbakat

Captain

Now this is a fine way to find out I have to kill a calf. :D If that old goat wants steak then by golly he will have steak.

BrianFD

^ BUMP ^<br /><br />Less than 2 months before the big event! Thought it was worthy of sending to the top.<br /><br />Everyone here on iboats is invited to the Ohio Roundo! The more, the merrier!<br />The dates are May 21, 22, & 23rd at Alum Creek Reservoir on the 21st and Saltfork Lake the 22nd & 23rd.<br />I'll be Alum Creek boating with my better half, and my boating buddy has it on his calander, for sure. I plan to go on to Saltfork on Saturday.<br />Anyone needing information may email me @ BrianFD@aol.com. Please mention Ohio Roundo in the subject line so I don't 'poof' you.<br />Getting excited,<br />Brian

Bored To Tears

Seaman Apprentice

so there is going to be TWO roundos going on at the same time??? hmmmm, interesting<br /><br />as per that nutjob with the rifle, they have someone in custody, with luck they have the right guy!

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

yes, but don't forget the other Ohio "SICKO"!<br />the one casting 9 inch grandma lures around<br />for no sane reason :eek:

gonfishn

Commander

MellowYellow just keep practicing that new english you have been learning so you can fit in with usems down here..<br /><br />Two weeks from that trip I will be headn to the homestead in Northern Minn. to do some real fishn.<br /><br />Not sure what part of Wisconsin your from Bored To Tears but a few of use are meeting up North in jJune when I come up and if ya got some time join us..Got plenty of room and you know how good the fishn is already from being up North..

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

"to do some real fishn."????<br />guess only MY will b doin "real" fishing at roundo?<br />oh ye of little faith.... :p

Bored To Tears

Seaman Apprentice

not far from Fondue Lake - home of those black exercise devices that foolish fishermen hang on the back of their boats to pull pull pull ... once the battery dies, anyway<br /><br />Ill be in Oconomowoc for the Harley celebration too<br /><br /> :p

FLATHEAD

Captain

OK guys , I have been doing some checking and it looks like a lot of hotels down around cambridge. How close is this to the cabin you guys have rented? Reason I ask is that if I go I will be arriving friday night late. Or I could get a room at the lodge.<br /><br />That will give me a whole day to get out on the lake and toss a few lures before the others arrive.

BrianFD

Cambridge is just over the freeway (I-77) from Salt Fork. Probably less than 5 miles from the entrance to the park. However, it's a 7 mile drive (I think) from the park entrance to the lodge/cabins.<br />Hope this helps!

FLATHEAD

Captain

Yes that helps lots. Considering it's a 7 hour drive from my place, 7 miles to the ramp is nothing. The lodge is kinda expensive so it looks like I will hotel it down in Cambridge.

labzman3

Seaman

Not for sure,, but doesn't Alum lake have a HP restriction ???? Have fun guys,,, I'm hoping to be up on lake erie by then !!!!

BrianFD

^^^bump^^^<br />Less than a month to go, guys!<br />OK, so we've lost some who originally said they'd like to make it. So who can I expect to meet & greet?? And where?<br />Still haven't got the boat out, and next weekend looks like a wash, but she's all waxed & vaccuumed & ready for this year's maiden voyage... soon... soon... (think happy thoughts)

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Hey Brian, the way the weather has been (which is crappy it seems), I haven't had much time to work on der boat. I gotta go to school during the second week of May in Rockton IL. So I doubt if I'll have the boat ready by then. Tonight it is surpose to dip down in the lower 20's, glad I didn't de-winterize the engine yet. :p <br /><br />I know some are planning to meet at Alum Creek and some at Salt Fork. I'm in the area which I could go to both. Not sure what to do. Where is the most beer gonna be? :D

BrianFD

SS, supposed to get down to the mid-30s here tonite. I've already de-winterized but the boat's in my garage, and I'm sure she'll be just fine. After tonight, warm weather returns, so I think I'm set for the season!<br />The end of the second week in May still gives you 4+ days to get ready... and if your wife objects, BRING HER!!<br />Now to your most-important question... Beer! Hmm, well, there's a carryout within walking distance at the Cheshire Rd. bridge on Alum and a gazillion places in driving distance (couple of miles or so). But at Salt Fork, I think the closest place is a carryout outside the park entrance (about 7 miles drive from the lodge). Best bet would to bring it all iced-down (and be advised, the ODNR has made it clear they're cracking down on open containers this year... bring a large mug, hint-hint). But if that's the worst of your worries, I'd say 'no problem-o'.<br />I'll probably be at Alum on Friday, then go to Salt Fork on Saturday, if Muskie & Bubba are makin' the trip. But, hey!, I'm mobile, so I can be anywhere!