"Ohio Roundo"

aspeck

Staff member
Re: "Ohio Roundo"

I'll probably still be in Ghana at that time - a little farther than 7 hour drive!

gonfishn

Commander

Looks like we got a plan here..It will depend on Bubbakats Schedule though..I say lets plan on the 21st say at 8am to 10am at the Cheshire ramp..<br />After an all day fishn adventure Bubba and myself will head to Saltfork three hours East. I will get a cabin for Friday and Saturday..There are three Musky and Bass Lakes within 15 or so miles of each other..<br />Anyone wanting to participate in this Marathon are welcome to come..Hoping MelloYellow will join us at Saltfork since he and I had planned this last year but due do(?)other plans we did not hook up..<br />Since I will be making arrangements for roofing at Saltfork I will need to know who wants to join us..At least Lets get together at Alum Creek for a day of whatever..

BrianFD

Senior Chief Petty Officer

ODNR Fishing license link:<br /> Ohio Fishing License <br /><br />Non-resident one day license = $7<br />Non-resident three day license = $15<br />There's also an application (pdf) at this site.<br /><br />Tylerin, wasn't ignoring your question, but I sure don't know who won the state championship. Sorry! If you need directions to Cheshire ramp, let me know!<br /><br />Gonfishn, I really like the Galena ramp best as it's in a cove. My second choice is Hollenback on the west side at the marina. BUT, if you insist on meeting at Cheshire, well, OK, I guess... 8)<br /><br />SBN, you and your bride are welcome to join Karen & me on "The Truth" for a little tour of the lake, if'n you want!

bubbakat

Captain

So if I am reading this right we are doing this on the 21st of may and if we are I have to pencil my time off in now. Seniority where i work doesn't count its whom ever gets his name in the hat first :D Well am looking forward to seeing you guys and getting in some fishing up there.<br />brian thanks for the link to the license part will need that

bomar76

Lieutenant Commander

Be there or be square!<br />It will be great to meet all of you!

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

Shoot guys....Alum Creek is only a run and hard spit from my son's place. Make a nice week for me and she herself. Spend some time with new granddaughter and then some time on the boat. I'll put in for the vacation. Barring unforseen catastrophyes...I'll be there. :D :D

BrianFD

For those who'd like a map of Alum Creek, here's a link:<br /> Alum Creek Reservoir <br /><br />The ramp where we're meeting is the second drive north of Cheshire Rd. on Africa Rd. on the east side of the lake. (Note: this ramp isn't marked on the map!!)<br /><br />Unfortunately, there isn't one available (at least at this site) for Salt Fork Lake.

gonfishn

Commander

Brian...The Galena ramp is OK by me..I only picked Cheshire ramp cause I have three gator areas right there. But the Galena ramp is in a cove and might be better suited for us..<br /><br />Once we get closer to time we will post a map on how to get to ramp brian chooses...Btw would someone please tell MellowYellow that A crappie setup is not a good idea when fishn for the warrior.... :D

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

what about my Ronco pocket fisherman? ;D LOL<br />here's a Gator question: how much does a 50" weigh? 30lbs? more???

gonfishn

Commander

MY..It depends,if its a female at 50plus inches It could go from 45lbs and up..The males,at 50" may not get to 30lbs.<br /><br />I caught my biggest gator 12 years ago and she went 46" and weighed over 40lbs. But it was caught in the fall when they are into there frenzy feeding before the ice comes on..That is wy Northerns are so big when folks ice fish for them..

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

46" eh? I dunno. hmmmmmmm..... <br />when doing the fisherman math, it's about 29" in reality.<br />kinda like when bubbacat asks how much have u<br />had to drink tonight and the driver says 3 beers.<br />MY has cuaght 26" and a 27" babies for real.<br />I see a betting pool starting ;)

gonfishn

Commander

Thought I would put this pic up to show you the Galena ramp where we are meeting in May..It is also my gator hole by the dam where I start the hunt in March. I am still planning on coming but with a planned permanent move to Minnestoa in the next few months I may be a no show.<br /><br />
galena.jpg

bomar76

Lieutenant Commander

We just swung by the ramp today on our way home from the Columbus Boat and Travel show.<br />Jonesing for the lake really bad now...come on summer!~

BrianFD

Ooooo, that water looks cold (and hard!!)! Thanks for the pic, Jeff!<br />Man, I sure hope you can make it May 21st. Lookin' forward to meeting you, Bubba, Bomar, SS, OBJ, Spinner, Flahthead, aspect, tylerin and maybe MY and all whomever else shows up. EVERYBODY's invited!!<br />"A splendid time is guaranteed for all!"<br />There's some nice restaurants, sandwich shops & beer joints not far, at Polaris, and if needed, there's some hotels close, too. Trying to talk the wife into going out to Salt Fork the next day, too. Just hopin' the weather cooperates!<br />Bomar, how was the boat show this year compared to last? We couldn't make it due to other commitments.

bomar76

Lieutenant Commander

THe boat show was actually pretty good this year for a change. We went early enough so it wasn't too crowded. Not a lot of performance boats (Eliminator had 3, Baja 2, and that was about it) but I never really expect much along those lines at that show. The Cleveland show was well stocked with them.<br />Strangest thing there was a pontoon boat with a 350 Mercruiser Magnum /Alpha 1 with Corsa Captains Call thru hull. A dealer from Indian Lake had it (someone on another board told me it was also at the Cincy show). That would be one stump hitting prop destroying mofo at Indian Lake....

aspeck

Staff member

Brian, wish I could make it - but it doesn't look like I will be getting back from Ghana till the middle of July. Bummer! Oh well, sometimes you just have to sacrifice!