• Both/either one is good

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Lets find other dates

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: North Georgia get-together?

Sam - Where is flamingo cove? First I've heard of that one.

samm835

Chief Petty Officer

GA_Boater, if you're coming from Canton area.....when you go under Bethany Bridge(red top) you stay to right, once you get to the narrow part where you would normally turn towards the left like you were going to Allatoona Landing, or the block house, instead of turning left, go right. When you take a deep right there is a hidden cove back on right(two coves). Its a good cove, because it has a good mixture of boats, and ages....not all young 20 year olds in daddy's boat. We always meet there, throw the grill on the back of the boat, and enjoy a couple of cold one's.

Capt Sully

Petty Officer 1st Class

samm835, We may have passed by you, we have been in that cove a few times looking around. at least it stays calm up in there. didn't know it was called Flamingo cove, next time I'll look at the map. We have a black and silver pontoon. Oh, and we have a grill also. maybe we'll see ya sometime.

samm835

Chief Petty Officer

Sully anytime, we relax talk listen to some music, let the kids play, grill and enjoy the day. Be great to see you guys.... Pull up yell Shane ill be the good lookin bald guy! Ha

GA_Boater

Sam - on a Corps map, is the cove the one partially covered by the Exit 283 label? I'm the other good lookin' bald guy. :lol:

samm835

Chief Petty Officer

GA_Boater.......Bingo.

Attachments

• Renken 1.jpg
    Renken 1.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Capt Sully

Petty Officer 1st Class

I like Flamingo cove, lets make that a meeting place ? but it looks like this weekend is going to be raining again. dang

yjanray

Petty Officer 1st Class

yea, that's not a bad idea. I've never been there, but i'm going out tomorrow morning, for a cruise. I am going to check it out. If i see someone I know, i'll Holler!!!

eavega

Lieutenant

yea, that's not a bad idea. I've never been there, but i'm going out tomorrow morning, for a cruise. I am going to check it out. If i see someone I know, i'll Holler!!!

70% chance of rain, high of 74 degrees? Not ideal weather for a cruise!

Flamingo Cove seems to be the meeting spot. Lets target next weekend, hopefully weather will be better?

-Eric

samm835

Chief Petty Officer

It's suppose to rain I think Friday and Saturday.......on Sunday it's suppose to be better, We will be there Sunday tied up with some friends. So if you guys decide (weather permitting) stop by. Hopefully the prior picture of my boat will help so you know what your looking for. Although it would be funny seeing you start talking to someone else out there.......and they have NO idea what your talking about.

eavega

Lieutenant

Can someone post a picture or map coordinates? Also where is the nearest ramp? I'd be coming from the Cumming/Alpharetta area.

Rgds

Eric

GA_Boater

Just cruise into Paradise Cove and start babbling loudly something about iboats. The ones that stay are you guys. :) Boy, has it cooled off or what? Feeling like an early, wet Fall.

GA_Boater

Can someone post a picture or map coordinates? Also where is the nearest ramp? I'd be coming from the Cumming/Alpharetta area.

Rgds

Eric

Here's a printable PDF of Allatoona. Paradise Cove is slightly overlapped by the Exit 283 label off I-75. Blockhouse (39), McKinney (27). and Clark North/South (28/29) ramps are close. Red Top (24) is a little further north - the ramp is to the left after crossing Bethany Bridge coming from Exit 285, not where the 24 for Red Top is on the map. HTH.

yjanray

Petty Officer 1st Class

I'm out here now. Today was my day off that I planned three weeks ago so nothing is going to stop me.... It's not to bad out. A little windy but quiet: D

eavega

Lieutenant

Here's a printable PDF of Allatoona. Paradise Cove is slightly overlapped by the Exit 283 label off I-75. Blockhouse (39), McKinney (27). and Clark North/South (28/29) ramps are close. Red Top (24) is a little further north - the ramp is to the left after crossing Bethany Bridge coming from Exit 285, not where the 24 for Red Top is on the map. HTH.

Okay, got the map. So best place to put in? Blockhouse or Old Hwy 41 looks best for me.
-E

GA_Boater

I've never used Old 41. Blockhouse is a decent ramp and a large lot.

yjanray

Petty Officer 1st Class

Okay, got the map. So best place to put in? Blockhouse or Old Hwy 41 looks best for me.
-E

I like Clark Creek South. The lanes at block house are really long. Clark Creek South aren't long, and the ramp is deep, easier to launch. Its a little closer to flamingo cove, but not all that much, so its really just wherever you wanna put in.....

Any days a good day for a cruise!!! No one was out today!!!! It was barren, and actually, really nice! heres a few pics of flamingo cove and a few other spots I stopped today

IMG_20130816_102257.jpg
IMG_1668 (Large).jpg
IMG_1674 (Large).jpg

Here s what Clark Creek Looks Like
IMG_1745 (Large).jpgIMG_1747 (Large).jpg

eavega

Lieutenant

Early indication is that the weekend weather is going to be dry! We are shooting g for next weekend for Allatoona. Do we have a plan, or just show up and hang out?

Eric