NHL Playoff 08-09

92excel

Chief Petty Officer
Re: NHL Playoff 08-09

I doubt they like you much, either... :D
Seriously, if you dislike our beloved Wings that much, I sincerely hope the Igloo is going to be a mighty hot, uncomfortable place.

They are not our beloved red wings.

to each their own, and everyone has their own opinions.. :)

aspeck

Staff member

I meant "our" to Michigan residents. Sorry. Post removed.

Awww, come on, axe, don't give up so easily!!!! How can we have good natured banter if you take back your posts???? You are allowed to love your team, and I want you to love them so we can have even more fun when we beat you this year!

92excel

Chief Petty Officer

Agree with aspeck 100%

i was merely saying that all iboats member dont love the the wings.

aspeck

Staff member

Agree with aspeck 100%

i was merely saying that all iboats member dont love the the wings.

I love the wings ... extra hot please! Gonna be tasty when we beat them! ;):p:eek::D

cbavier

Lieutenant

Guys it's just a Game....A Sport. So no matter what the outcome is there will always be another year.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Well given the choice Go Pen's Go !!!
However there are 2 teams still around that would love to be there instead.

aspeck

Staff member

You are right, CB, it is only a game. The world will continue to spin, the sun, or rain will come up again, etc. It is only a game ... a fun game, and a fun way to have some good spirited banter, but a game. My banter has only been meant to be in fun, if I have crossed the line, I am sorry.

With that said, PENS win 4-1! Lord Stanley's Cup, here we come!

92excel

Chief Petty Officer

Pens looked OK last night .. i think they could have played better.
I am quite happy that talbots fluke goal was the difference maker.. thats no way to end a series.

Either way it was a well fought series!

I cant believe they touched the trophy.. whats with that??

kenmyfam.. most are kind of just assuming the wings win tonight and end the series... which if the wings locker room also is lackadasical (spelling??) the hawks might have the edge..

If the wings do end it, the next game could be sat.. so i am hoping for the hawks to win one more to give the pens a little more rest. but utimately would like to see a rematch for the cup!

aspeck

Staff member

So what will tonight bring ???

Penguin Wings will be served for the Final course! :eek::p;):D

(part of me really wants the Hawks to win (from my Chicago days), but another part of me really wants the rematch. GO WINGS!)

jcsercsa

Captain

Well give us a min to finsh off the Hawks tonight and and we will do some more bird hunting !!!!!!hahahaha John

cbavier

Lieutenant

Wings will come out swinging because they don't want the series to go back to Chicago where Chicago would probably win forcing a game seven. Mike Babcock will have the Wings hyped up and ready. Besides it's more fun to win a series at home. I predict Wings over Chcago 3-1
No matter the outcome. Chicago has had a great season and has nothing to be ashamed about. The same is true with Carolina.

GO WINGS!!!

aspeck

Staff member

CB, once again you are correct ... both Carolina and Chicago have had great seasons. Carolina's ended last night, and there is a possibility that Chicago's will end tonight. Both teams, the fans of both teams, the cities of both teams can certainly hold their heads high ... it has been a heck of a season. Carolina, congrats on a great year and a great series. Chicago, best of luck tonight (Go Wings!).

Going into the season I really felt that the off-season trades made the Pens and the Wings the best two teams going into the year. Unfortunately, the Pens had too much talent for their coach. He is a great coach, but likes to micro-manage, and that was hard to do with all the talent he had. The talent was there for a wide open offense, but he wanted to control the tempo and work on defense and planned plays. It wasn't working and he was gone (Lemieux and Eddy Johnston knew what they were doing with the talent they had).

Enter Bylsma with his wide open, "let's have fun, you guys know what to do so do it" approach, and at the end of the season, the Wings and the Pens are the best two teams in the league. The good news for the Pens is that the Wings are not the team they were last year, the competition has closed the gap some.

So, tonight will mean a lot for the finals. Will the Pens get more rest than the Wings? Or will Chicago take them to the brink, and maybe even beat them? We will have to wait on the ending, but it is fun to speculate and root!

cbavier

Lieutenant

NO Score at the end of one.
Fast and furious thought.

GO WINGS!!!

jcsercsa

Captain

Wll Ken you still got at a game 6 !!!!!!! 0 - 0 end of the second !!

cbavier

Lieutenant

Can you believe? I'm exhausted just watching. My cat has whip-lash...I think