danfrompgh

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: NHL Playoff 08-09

Welcome home Lord Stanley!!!
Thank you Detroit for being great fans and host to our teams,again!:D

Bigprairie1

Commander

Great series guys...7 games, you can't ask for more or better than that.
They both played well, but the wings took a period off for some reason. They needed that 1st goal within the first 10 minutes of the 3rd to turn the game around and they didn't seem to pushing completely.
When they did amp it up, they played great...but a little too little too late.
Cheers to both of these primo teams....and heres to the fastest team sport in the world!!!;):D
All good
BP:cool:

aspeck

Staff member

Part of the Wings 3rd period push was Pitt playing defensively ... didn't want to give up the easy goal, so they sat back a little more. I didn't care for that ... when the puck glanced off Fluery's shoulder and hit the cross pipe and bounced out ... that was too close! I feared OT. Wings are a great team. It was a great series. I liked the outcome.

TilliamWe

Banned

Part of the Wings 3rd period push was Pitt playing defensively ... didn't want to give up the easy goal, so they sat back a little more. I didn't care for that ... I liked the outcome.

Spot on! Kinda like the Prevent Defense in football. All it does is prevents you from winning!

I am still excited about Games 6 and 7!!!!!!

92excel

Chief Petty Officer

awesome series all around..

Glad the pens won.. but great hockey to watch

and i agree with aspeck.. respect to the wings fans.. they hung around an cherished the experience of seeing the cup instead of just leaving..

PITTSBURGH 2009
superbowl champs!!
stanley cup champs!!

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Well I missed the game having driven through the night to get home for the weekend. Just had a few hours sleep and am up again. Did not get tto much of the game on the radio last night so basically missed it all. Watched all the highlights about 5 minutes ago though. Looks like it was a great game.
WTG Pen's !!!!

DaleT

Chief Petty Officer

Sorry I'm late to the party, was out with a huge group(mostly long time hockey teammates) watching the game last night, to a man we all had one thing to say, the better team won last night. The Pens beat us on both ends of the ice and got the bounces (I've always believed hard work creates those bounces) when they needed them. The Wings couldn't get any inside pressure in the offensive zone and the Pens forecheck forced our D into making turnovers.

Congratulations to the Pittsburgh organization, it's fans, and the fine city itself. It was a well played series, we'll see ya next season. Have no fear, we will be coming to take back what is ours.

Can't really be sad losing by one goal in a game 7 as defending champs as well as 6 finals appearances (4 wins) in 15 years.

One other note, although I don't think he was the MVP of the finals for Pittsburgh, it was nice to see Malkin given the Conn Smythe as the playoff MVP.