NFL - Regular Season Debates/News/Banter

Old Ironmaker

Captain
Another accusation against AB ... Sports Illustrated bringing reports of unpaid debt, cheating a charity, and another sexual assault. It isn’t looking good for AB.

What does look good for the young man? His 1 year contract maybe? That's about it. He is innocent until proven guilty, I strongly believe in that premise. Beyond the new accusations I believe based on his history he does not deserve to wear a NFL uniform. The Commish and his gang are keeping a keen eye on this guy but being an complete arse doesn't keep him off the field, unfortunately. There are only 1696 people that wear an NFL uniform in a World of I don't remember how many billion. It would be a better World if there were only 1695. Please number 1696 that deserves it step forward.

aspeck

Staff member
Daniel Jones, the #6 draft pick in this year's draft, is elevated to starting QB for the New York Football Giants. Eli Manning is relegated to the back-up role.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Looks like Ramsey is gunna be on his way out soon .
He wants to be traded ...
My team is going to s___ in a hand basket real fast ..😒

aspeck

Staff member
Seimian out for the season with a leg injury ... not a good year to be a QB! Ouch! Another one bits the dust.

In other QB news, Big Ben says that the team has stuck by him with the contract extension, so he plans to stick by the team and will be back next year to bring champion calibre play to the Steel City. Hope Mason Rudolph does really well this year. And the Steeler's next QB is Hodges who looked real good in the pre-season. Not sure if they will be looking for another back up or not.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
The Jet emergency QB last night was Le'Veon Bell - The only guy on the Jets that put up any numbers, so might as well have him do everything. Wonder if he can play safety?

Old Ironmaker

Captain
Daniel Jones, the #6 draft pick in this year's draft, is elevated to starting QB for the New York Football Giants. Eli Manning is relegated to the back-up role.

Why in God's name did they start Eli when they had all the intentions of benching him ASAP. Just stupid. If they cut him they would have saved 11 million according to WGR 550 Buffalo radio. And he didn't play badly, and who is going to throw to? Barkley ripped off 55 yards in the 1st series against the Bills and he scored the TD. The Bills held him for a 3 and out the next series and the man with the play board abandoned the run for the rest of the game. Stupid, oh I already said that.

Old Ironmaker

Captain
Eli still playing? He's been mediocre for a few years now.

Eli's mediocre is better than 1/2 the starters in the NFL. I'm not saying his is great, his style of play never comes across as great but somehow he earned as many Super Bowl rings as his Super Star brother when people were calling him an "OK" QB. He's the definition of flying under the radar. How many teams would love to have him? 1/2 the league I would guess.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
You can't count past SBs. The past is the past. He's washed up. He's in the bottom 3rd of QBs at best. I'd rather keep Cousins than bring Eli on board...

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Does that mean I can’t count Foles ‘s SB ?
Ohhh forgot he’s got a broken shoulder...
Everyone is growing Gardner Minshew mustache’s and wearing head bands down here ..
Minshew Mania is real !!! :lol:

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Sure you can, just won't matter a few years down the road when talking how bad he is, maybe........

Vikings is a prime example. Remember Hershel Walker? Great in his day, washed up when he came to the Vikes. Vikes bet the farm on him and gave up a bunch of draft picks to Dallas. I believe Dallas won back to back SBs. :facepalm:

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
. Remember Hershel Walker?:

As a life long Gator fan you better believe I remember HW .. I still have nightmares of him diving over our defense at the goal line over and over !
‘I think going to the USFL was a mistake for him out of college ...

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Now Brown is talking about going back to school , Central MI

Old Ironmaker

Captain
You can't count past SBs. The past is the past. He's washed up. He's in the bottom 3rd of QBs at best. I'd rather keep Cousins than bring Eli on board...

Even after tonight's stellar performance by Mr. Cousins. Granted his O line didn't take the field.

Listening to Redskin's head coach Jay Gruden. Man, win or lose they stand up there and give the same answer to questions they were not asked. Please Denny Green come back and give us a real press conference. "Play offs, play offs? Did you say playoffs?" Oh the good old days.

Some guy with a microphone asks Gruden "When the team was down 28 points how did that make you feel and how do you think the fans felt?" You have to be kidding. He's thinking "It made me feel just great and I felt like I better find a way to pay the huge mortgage to make my future ex wife happy because I would fire myself. The fans felt great too you idiot."

Last edited:

aspeck

Staff member
Actually, Musky, that is a suit that was filed last year. AB's attorney got things postponed because it interfered with AB's football schedule. He doesn't have a schedule any more ...

This is not the only action against him. From what I understand there are several actions pending from non-payment in the Pittsburgh area also. It has been an AB pattern the last couple of years (I hate to say it again, but since the Burfect hit).

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Yeah, Speck, I read that it's been delayed for some time. I would think his career is over.....