NFL - Regular Season Debates/News/Banter

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Well he is if not the best corner in the league ,one of the best ...
LA might be a good fit for him . He likes being the center of attention...

aspeck

Staff member
AB didn’t improve the Raiders. Le’Veon Bell hasn’t done much to improve the Jets ... not disagreeing with his talent, but his temperament may negate the talent. Time will tell.

Old Ironmaker

Captain
Rams give 2/1st round picks in 2020 and I think a 4th round selection in '21. His phantom back pain was miraculously cured on the plane from Jacksonville to L.A. Yes they are a better defence if he is on the field. He is the kind of player that would rub Tom Cauflin the wrong way. Not his kinda guy.

The Rams got the best of the deal in my opinion. You know exactly what you get with a proven ball player in young Mr. Ramsey, perhaps 1 of the best 3best shut down Corners out there. Look at his highlight film, man he is good. 2/1st round picks for who knows whom. I can only name around 10 1st rounders that have made impacts during their rookie contracts in the past few years. Many aren't even playing any longer for a number of reasons. The bird in hand thing. You know what you have, now.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
The Rams may have gotten a better deal but the Jags did come out ok with the 2-1’s and a 4 . We don’t have to sign him now to a HUGE contract that he would be demanding . He literally showed up to camp this year in a Brinks truck . :lol: If he didn’t want to be here that’s fine . Don’t let the door hit you on the way out ... I wish him luck ..One things for sure he’s probably gunna have serious tax sticker shock moving from Fl to Ca ...:faint2:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
At 28, Brock Osweiler is retiring. Maybe because a team won't sign him. :rolleyes:

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Mahomes is out 4 at least 3 eeeks after leaving last nites game in the 1st. Although, a Kansas church is holding a prayer service for him. Miracles do happen! And Kamara is probably out with ankle/knee issues.

My top 2 fantasy players. I'm hosed. ...

Old Ironmaker

Captain
A dislocated Patella, knee cap, isn't something that you often see. It has been confirmed it indeed it is a dislocated knee cap. I didn't think it could be too serious when I saw him walk, not limp to the dressing room. He was standing greeting his team mates at the end of the game. No ice or large wrap on it. He had some type of sock on it covering the entire leg. How there isn't any ligament damage is beyond me. They didn't say anything about the Patella tendon. I'm no Orthopedic surgeon but have had around a dozen knee surgeries, I lost count a few years ago.

According to this article a dislocated knee cap isn't as uncommon as I thought. I stand corrected on that point.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/dislocated-kneecap/

Last edited:

Old Ironmaker

Captain
...so, now what?

So know we hold our breath at kick off until the end of each game. Buffalo has a series of games against poorer teams but, and a big but no game should be taken lightly in this league, none. Miami at home Sunday. Could be a sucker game against a hapless team this year. Wasn't it Miami that beat those guys in the Boston area last year on the last play. And what a crazy play, something out of a bad Hollywood Football movie.

aspeck

Staff member
Hmmm, Mason Rudolph's agent says he is looking into the possibility of pressing assault charges against Myles Garrett. That could be an interesting turn of events.

And AB had his interview with the League Office. Sources say it was an 8 hour interview and that AB probably will not play any more this year.

GA_Boater

Mason - The number is 911! Assault is assault whether it happens on or off the field.

Are the PA State Police and Pgh. PD getting passes to the December game? Maybe bring in the PA National Guard? Browns fans may need protection, not that I think they should be targeted.

Years ago my brother made a bus trip to Cleveland sponsored by the Moose club for a Steelers game. Unbeknownst to him, the seats were in the Dawg Pound. The Steelers fans avoided a side trip to jail, but he said it was close.

aspeck

Staff member
Mason - The number is 911! Assault is assault whether it happens on or off the field.

Are the PA State Police and Pgh. PD getting passes to the December game? Maybe bring in the PA National Guard? Browns fans may need protection, not that I think they should be targeted.

Years ago my brother made a bus trip to Cleveland sponsored by the Moose club for a Steelers game. Unbeknownst to him, the seats were in the Dawg Pound. The Steelers fans avoided a side trip to jail, but he said it was close.

There is certainly no love lost between these to teams or cities. My wife asked me this morning if we should get tickets to the Browns v Steelers game. I told her we better stay home and watch it on TV. It will be much safer that way ...

GA_Boater

That didn't take long.

Garrett suspended indefinitely
Pouncey suspended 3 games without pay + a fine
Ogunjobi suspended 1 game without pay + a fine
Steelers and Browns fined $250K each.

aspeck

Staff member
Don't forget that the League left the door open for additional fines. I do not have a problem with Pouncey's suspension ... he should not have been kicking Garrett in the head. 2 wrongs don't make a right. And if they decide to discipline Rudolph since he was the first to attempt to pull of Garrett's helmet, and some have said he kicked Garrett in the nether region while on the ground, I am okay with that. I do think some other Brown's players should be looking at fines/suspensions for their head hunting during the game.

I would also be okay if both teams were forced to forfeit the game and take the L.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
NFL popularity is plummeting I believe.------Just like NASCAR has.------Fans like to see an honest effort.-------NFL----Does it mean ---NOT FOR LONG ?---After all the games are only about 8 minutes of action and 52 minutes of " stand around " time.

Old Ironmaker

Captain

There have been successful convictions for assault ensuing from a Hockey brawl. There is a line and some cross it. A conviction is the path to a successful lawsuit. As far as what transpired last night I couldn't believe what I was watching live. Something I will never forget. A 1 year suspension may not be enough in this day of protecting players and specifically QB's from serious head injuries. A lifetime ban? Welcome to Canada you idiot and your annual salary of 90 grand, maybe.