NFL - Regular Season Debates/News/Banter

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
AB - Pats for 1 year deal at $15M or a million per regular season game. CBS speculated he would get a 1 year deal for 3 million from whoever he signed with.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
No doubt ! Betty is getting up there in age but her wit is as sharp as ever !

GA_Boater

I do not know what to make of Antonio Brown? Does anyone?

After losing his two helmet grievance appeals, helmet maker Xenith said Sept. 4 that he had chosen to wear the Xenith Shadow for the 2019. Then in his first practice with the Pats on Wednesday, he showed up wearing a approved Schutt helmet. So Xenith cut ties with him. :confused:

And he is cleared to play this weekend, even after the rape allegations. The full story from Bleacher Report if you want to read it.

aspeck

Staff member
The text that AB supposed sent does not bode well for AB’s career or time with the Patriots ...

GA_Boater

I can't believe she went back to work with him after he allegedly admitted in texts that he is a perv.

aspeck

Staff member
Big Ben needs elbow surgery ... out for the year! Ouch!

aspeck

Staff member
Drew Brees to undergo thumb surgery... out about 6 weeks

Last edited:

garbageguy

Lieutenant Commander
Can someone more enlightened than I please explain why the NFL pre season is still 4 games?

I don't want to waste any time I have here on earth but please, pretty please let it be week 1 of the real season.

Steve Tasker of 1 Bills Live on WGR radio and potential Hall of Fame Special Teamer has the Bills season all figured out. Split the 2 game series with those guys in Foxborough, sweep the Fish and the New Yorkers that don't play in NY and take 5 of the other 6 games and we are 10-6. A Wild Card game is almost a given with a weak AFC so they say, win 6 of the other games and the AFC East can finally be taken from those guys with the funny logo. That was easy Steve. For other than the 3 Bills fans here please disregard the previous text. It might be 2 of us Bills fans here, sorry.

On the first item, I cannot. But, somehow, gotta be $/keeping somebody happy (big $ players that don't want to play (work?) more.

Tasker was an exciting player to watch, is a decent commentator - pushing cars, not so much...

Go Bills! But I'm not pushing that bandwagon anymore

Old Ironmaker

Captain
On the first item, I cannot. But, somehow, gotta be $/keeping somebody happy (big $ players that don't want to play (work?) more.

Tasker was an exciting player to watch, is a decent commentator - pushing cars, not so much...

Go Bills! But I'm not pushing that bandwagon anymore

I think Tasker lost his CBS job this year I'm not positive. edit: I just Googled it and yes Tasker was let go by CBS after 21 years as a colour commentator. He was demoted to sideline reporter and the writing was on the wall as they say. If they decide to put Special Team players in the Hall he should be 1st. If kickers are in there Football players should be too. The Bills are sneaking under the radar. Dion Sanders spent an entire 30 seconds last night talking about them at the end of his NFL network show. He said "Watch out for Buffalo and remember I said that week 2!" or something like that.

Taskers son is playing in my hometown of Hamilton for the Tiger Cats. I think it is his 8th year as a undersized slot receiver, very undersized. He is very very injury prone. If you saw him at the mall you might think he is computer programmer not a ball player. I'm sure there are computer folks that look like Pro Football players out there, please don't send me hate mail.

Last edited:

Old Ironmaker

Captain
Big Ben needs elbow surgery ... out for the year! Ouch!

I can't remember which talking head on one of the pre game shows yesterday said Ben would not last the season and would be forced into retirement with a major injury. I don't think he spends much time in the gym. Surgery on a young QB's throwing arm can be career ending let alone a guy on the north side of 40. He ain't no machine like the GOAT. I believe strongly yesterday was the last time you see him in a Steelers uniform. I hope he goes out a Steeler and doesn't try a Namath exit, that would be sad for a great player.

aspeck

Staff member
Iron, I believe you are correct about Ben... came in at a decent weight this year and seemed ready to play, but injured the elbow throwing, not getting hit. I don’t think he will heal well ... and he has talked about retirement for a couple years now ...

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Maybe it's a chance 4 the Steelers to move forward. Seemed like Ben wasn't the answer lately...

aspeck

Staff member
Another accusation against AB ... Sports Illustrated bringing reports of unpaid debt, cheating a charity, and another sexual assault. It isn’t looking good for AB.

Old Ironmaker

Captain
Maybe it's a chance 4 the Steelers to move forward. Seemed like Ben wasn't the answer lately...

Mr. Tomlin may be applying for an AARP membership if he isn't well above 500 mid season and that ain't likely to happen. The stress that man has had in the last few years is written all over his face when on the sidelines, he looks like he is going to implode at any moment. Talking heads saying he has lost the locker room for the last few years, the LB and other idgits fiasco. Imagine knowing you are loosing arguably the best 2 players at their position in the league, not your team, division or conference, the entire league and you can do absolutely nothing about it. I feel for the guy but that's the business he is in. I also believe he has lasted this long because the Rooney's must be having a hard time to call it as the guy brought them a Lombardi and was close to bringing them 2. There just are not that many Super Bowl winning coaches out there looking for employment. Chucky got his job, and contract. If Mike Tomlin did get fired there would be a line up hoping to sign him. They just announced DB Minka Fitzpatrick finally gets his wish and is traded to the Steelers, and they need him badly, for a 2020 1st round pick.

MNF, Browns up over the Jets 23-3 start of the 4th. This was the team Brown's fans and management was hoping to see last week. But they are playing the NY Jets. They aren't running aviation fuel in those Jets. 3rd QB playing as Simien is out with an injury. Lavion Bell is their emergency QB," NY Jets come in please, Mayday, Mayday there is an emergency!!" Oh I just do not like Greg Williams even when he coached our Bills.You ever meet someone for the 1st time, know nothing about them and just don't like the smug look on their face? That's how I feel about the guy. Then add in the bounty he still is apparently encouraging according to those that can not be named. And Greg, please, you need to tune up that Grecian Formula you obviously are using poorly. I can give you some tips.