NFL - Regular Season Debates/News/Banter

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Hey Iron - My brain said what you said. My fingers said I'll show you who's the boss. :doh:

Some Saturday morning ramblings;
1st step to improve the NFL - Get rid of Thursday Night Football.

2nd step - Stop playing games in London and Mexico City. The folks there play football with a round ball!

3rd step - Get rid of franchise and transition tags. If a team wants to keep a player, negotiate. If you can't come to an agreement, let him go.

What NFL team needs two more games to turn a profit?​

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Colts QB Andrew Luck retired tonight. 29 and he says he is mentally fatigued. He also has has the heck beat out of his body during his career and hasn't played this preseason with the latest injury.

Physical toll on Andrew Luck through 6 NFL seasons:
» Torn cartilage in 2 ribs
» partially torn abdomen
» a lacerated kidney that left him peeing blood
» at least 1 concussion
» a torn labrum in his throwing shoulder
» and this mysterious calf/ankle issue that led to this

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
It’s a shame . Still young .. Was a great QB ! Probably the right move for him though ...

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Wow! He was a great QB just a few years ago... Had him on fantasy, was fantastic. Smart to get out b4 it's too late...

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Speaking of injuries, Lamar Miller is out with a torn ACL...

FishyFish

Chief Petty Officer
I thought it wasTasteless how (Some) Of Colts Fans Boo’d Luck after hearing his Decision and there were Reports Of Some Jersey Burning!
SMH!!!!!

Old Ironmaker

Captain
Wow! He was a great QB just a few years ago... Had him on fantasy, was fantastic. Smart to get out b4 it's too late...

Very smart. A few years ago for an athlete can be a very long time pro rated to some of us working Joes that put in 35 year on a job, or more. I liken an NFL QB's career to that of a Roofer. It is a young mans game but occasionally you will see a 35 year old up there on a hot day.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Last year y’all thumped us pretty good ... Hoping for a better game this year .. Chefs might better be practicing in a sauna to get ready . 1 pm kickoff gunna be about 150 deg on the field with humidity at about 200% .
Both swimming pools should be full . LOL !

aspeck

Staff member
I see where the Fins are interested in Clowney now that he has made it known he wants our of Texas. That would be an interesting add to their defense.

oldrem

Commander
A CFL field is 20 yards longer Georgia. The end zones are 25 yards deep not 10 and the field is 60 yards wide, might be 55 can't remember. A QB can throw a 50 yard bomb from their opponents 25! I remember if you were on the sideline and looking up to see the QB and you can definitely see a hill going up to the center of the field. I never saw a hill on a gridiron in the States. I was usually on the sidelines.

Actually I'm sure it's 10 yards longer, hence the 55 being mid field instead of the 50. I really like allowing players in motion before the snap that the CFL has. Makes the game more interesting and a lot fewer flags. Wish the NFL would adopt that.

aspeck

Staff member
Indy looking at Osweiler to replace Luck ... that doesn't seem like much of a replacement ... just sayin'

Old Ironmaker

Captain
Actually I'm sure it's 10 yards longer, hence the 55 being mid field instead of the 50. I really like allowing players in motion before the snap that the CFL has. Makes the game more interesting and a lot fewer flags. Wish the NFL would adopt that.

I stand corrected. I also like the motion but I bet someone is offside on every play. With the RB in motion the timing is so much different than the US rules. There are times the RB can hit a hole before the 2 lines have barely hit each other especially in the A and B holes. It is a designated play with some coaches.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Well with the Colts being in our division , My heart is not totally broken over Luck’s retirement...