Re: Next Project

nothing done.. works been busy.. butttt

P1090001.jpg

P1090002.jpg

P1090003.jpg

jcsercsa

Captain

Too Cool ,, you lucky Dog !!! it looks like it might be 6 oz , they dont measure it by thickenss its by weight !!! I not sure what size it is needed might be 1 foot square ??? not sure thoe !! Boy between you and Mike you two could build your own boat !! John

proshadetree

Lieutenant Commander

Glad to see this thing coming together.From the start picts you would think run its junk.Now you have a very doable project going.I applaud you and your effort so far.

bear_69cuda

Commander

Bummer photobucket is blocked by my employers server. :mad:

I'll check it out from home tonight!

zach103

Commander

Too Cool ,, you lucky Dog !!! it looks like it might be 6 oz , they dont measure it by thickenss its by weight !!! I not sure what size it is needed might be 1 foot square ??? not sure thoe !! Boy between you and Mike you two could build your own boat !! John

yah i looked on uscomposites it have oz's and than the thickness of the mat.

zach103

Commander

Glad to see this thing coming together.From the start picts you would think run its junk.Now you have a very doable project going.I applaud you and your effort so far.

Thanks. .. It means a lot to hear people say that.. im pretty pumped that the motor is already done and running.. now i just gotta get movin with everything else

proshadetree

Lieutenant Commander

I dont think anything I can say will replace the pride you get when you just look at how far that ride has come.Cow pasture to a great resto next step showroom.

zach103

Commander

so night from hell but i got some done.. i went to tab the string and bilge. well i got all the glass cut. mixed the resin . than realized that i had no brushs.. so i tried using the foam ones.. those stunk.. than the roler fell apart.. so it was all over my hands.. than i had no acetone.. so tried gass didnt work that great.. but 2/3 or the stringer and bilge are done

zach103

Commander

oh wow its been a while.. not much has happened.. been busy with work and the other boat..(which has a kick *** stereo now) . well like i said not much got part of the first piece ready for class.. caps partially on. idn what else

25thmustang

Lieutenant Commander

Keep up the work when you get the time. I should be working on mine starting next week. Finally got my car done, and once I pass emissions I can ignore that for a bit...

Nico2112

Petty Officer 1st Class

Even if you feel you're doing little progress, I think you're doing a good job:)

Keep at it whenever you have time.

n2ostroker

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Is that a 73 Evinrude 50?
I have one exactly like it. Mine is pushbutton shift. We use it on a 16ft 73 Bass Master. Great running motor and pretty easy to work on. Looks like some great work you're doing. Nice project there.

zach103

Commander

25th hows the car.. ive been keeping an eye out for a 65-70 mustang fo really cheap as a project..

thanks nico :)

n20 its a 77 actually

25thmustang

Lieutenant Commander

Cars good, got the clutch and rear end done the night before the race this past weekend. Took it to the track and everything went alright. Now it's emissions time and then enjoy it for a while. I have a friend who plans to sell his 67 I believe Mustang coupe in Berlin. They were looking to get $8000 I believe and the car actually was restored on a rotissere... It has been sitting but last I knew it looked real nice.

zach103

Commander

ya i want one that i can fix up a little.. nthing crazy but some restore..

well i tried to do some glassing but the resin harded within a couple mins.. so i took a break..

but i got a question for you guys.. whats the easiest way to fill the all the holes in the dash from previous guages and shtuff

Willyclay

Captain

Make a new skin over the old dash with plywood and then glass over it.

zach103

Commander

ok so not much but i finally got the rusted steering wheel off.. took an arsenal of tools but i got it.. and than almost finished the deck

GetAttachmentaspx-1.jpg