New site lettering

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Is this a joke? I can barely see the screen. Guess I'll give it a few more days...see ya all after the holiday. Merry christmas all

You should have seen the text before, Jake. This is much better - I can see it without squinting now.

Try changing text size in your browser unless you're using a phone. I can't help with that cuz I only use a dumb phone.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Well it is starting to get better, but that orange hurts my eyes! :faint2:

chevymaher

Commander
Header is smaller now to, Much better. More like it used to be. Guess I can stop crying like a baby and go back to the hull part of the forum. Thanks guys.

laurentide

Lieutenant Commander
Looking MUCH better on desktop now, guys. Thanks. I'd still prefer a more traditional sans serif font at 16px, but the site seems way faster to respond when posting.

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
Would it be possible to make the header loiter time longer before the drop-down menus appear? Right now it's tough moving the cursor around. Just zooming over the header causes them to immediately drop. A loiter time of 3 seconds would make navigating the pages easier.

GA_Boater

Would it be possible to make the header loiter time longer before the drop-down menus appear? Right now it's tough moving the cursor around. Just zooming over the header causes them to immediately drop. A loiter time of 3 seconds would make navigating the pages easier.

It would be better if the loiter time was infinity and the drop downs only showed if you click on a category. iboats_tim

Pusher

Lieutenant
Font is alright, a bit middle schooler-esque, but is easy enough to read. Seems like the format of posts could be condensed to minimize the scrolling required.

Also, did the "Last edited by" footer go away? The text in one of my posts was deleted and I was wondering if I crossed the line somehow.

chevymaher

Commander
2 things I noticed.

Unread post are not in bold anymore. My feeble little mind liked that I could read the post i hadn't with out thinking. Did I read that?

And the little arrow on the side when you hit it. It doesn't just return you to the top of the page now. It goes back to the main forum page. Then you have to re enter the hull section.

Not whining this time just FYI if you all think it needs to be the way it was.

GA_Boater

Font is alright, a bit middle schooler-esque, but is easy enough to read. Seems like the format of posts could be condensed to minimize the scrolling required.

Also, did the "Last edited by" footer go away? The text in one of my posts was deleted and I was wondering if I crossed the line somehow.

What post? And no, the edited by hasn't gone away.

GA_Boater

2 things I noticed.

Unread post are not in bold anymore. My feeble little mind liked that I could read the post i hadn't with out thinking. Did I read that?

And the little arrow on the side when you hit it. It doesn't just return you to the top of the page now. It goes back to the main forum page. Then you have to re enter the hull section.

Not whining this time just FYI if you all think it needs to be the way it was.

They are bold, it's the font currently used makes it hard to tell, very hard. You can tell if you read the latest post in a thread by the blue down pointing carat just to the left of the thread title. Clicking that will take to the first unread post.

iboats_tim Can we put a change of forum indices fonts on the list? We had the same issue on the last VB version update before this one.

The top of page carat issue is known and on the list somewhere. At this point no idea of the priority.

jbcurt00

Staff member

1 of your posts was MIA from BWRs topic back on Dec 10, I restored that content:
Well that's convenient enough at least! :) 19 per mile isn't much of a deduction (assuming you itemize) so the shorter the drive the better.

4,000 psi sounds like some serious hardware šŸ˜€

at this point its happened a few times, not just w your posts, no explanation of how or why, yet.

Pusher

Lieutenant
That's odd that it showed up when I hyper linked to it.

And I'll second that hitting the scroll up around on the bottom right redirects you to the root forum directory... If I said that right

Pusher

Lieutenant
Darn Gremlins!

Just watched that movie for the first time. Last night so now I know the meaning behind it :)

chevymaher

Commander
They are bold, it's the font currently used makes it hard to tell, very hard. You can tell if you read the latest post in a thread by the blue down pointing carat just to the left of the thread title. Clicking that will take to the first unread post.

Thank you