New site lettering

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
That's odd that it showed up when I hyper linked to it.

And I'll second that hitting the scroll up around on the bottom right redirects you to the root forum directory... If I said that right

Oh, you 89th'ed that one, I think. :smile:

On the Android display, I only have a $12.95 flip phone with text - One step above my 1st phone with no text. LOL

Anyway, some of the Mods with smarter phones have buzzed Admin about that problem. Can you try to view in landscape mode which has a wider screen view? I think that helped another member with a similar problem.

Pusher

Lieutenant
I had to urban dictionary "89th'ed" but I'm pretty sure that's not what you meant ;-)

I do miss my old nokia "brick" phone. That was a no-nonsense workhorse!

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral
It would be better if the loiter time was infinity and the drop downs only showed if you click on a category. iboats_tim

Absolutely! The drop downs aren't much of a problem on my iPad but they are a real nuisance on a computer when navigating with a mouse. Really annoying.

The font changes help quite a bit on my desktop, too. Much easier on the eyes.

Stumpalump

Chief Petty Officer
Absolutely! The drop downs aren't much of a problem on my iPad but they are a real nuisance on a computer when navigating with a mouse. Really annoying.

The font changes help quite a bit on my desktop, too. Much easier on the eyes.

Obviously they never tried the new software on Apple. It's a buzz kill to use and post for sure.

jbcurt00

Staff member
1 of our Mods works w Safari professionally and has been advising the tech team to improve functionality and has already helped make changes....

No idea what testing they did or didnt do prior to the update because that isnt part of my per view, but nothing about a vB update is easy or obvious.

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral
1 of our Mods works w Safari professionally and has been advising the tech team to improve functionality and has already helped make changes....

No idea what testing they did or didnt do prior to the update because that isnt part of my per view, but nothing about a vB update is easy or obvious.

I'm using a Windows 10 machine with Firefox. I don't know what the dropdowns look like in Safari, but in Firefox they are really a bummer.

southkogs

Staff member
Obviously they never tried the new software on Apple. It's a buzz kill to use and post for sure.
What are you using?

There some bumps everywhere right now, but on iOS on the iPad, Safari and Chrome in macOS Sierra things are relatively stable. Mostly minor problems for me at the moment, and the post time is pretty slick.

Stumpalump

Chief Petty Officer
Slightly older IPad with 9.3.5 software. When writing this I'll hit "Post Reply" and it does goes from blue to grey and nothing happens. To move on and do anything like see if it actually posted it needs to be refreshed.

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
Well, I just posted something with bold italics and the italics worked but the bold did not. The bold shows in the preview but not in the actual post.

iboats_tim

User
Slightly older IPad with 9.3.5 software. When writing this I'll hit "Post Reply" and it does goes from blue to grey and nothing happens. To move on and do anything like see if it actually posted it needs to be refreshed.

Hi Stumpalump , can you give this another shot and let me know if you notice anything different? We just pushed a change that may rectify the issue

iboats_tim

User
Well, I just posted something with bold italics and the italics worked but the bold did not. The bold shows in the preview but not in the actual post.

Hey BWR1953 , great find. I think some of our global styling settings are overriding formatting in VB. I'll add this bug to our queue.

southkogs

Staff member
... can you give this another shot and let me know if you notice anything different? We just pushed a change that may rectify the issue

Also try clearing the cache - you're a couple of versions back in iOS (which doesn't matter too much) and resetting the web data may kinda' "re-train" the mobile browser. Apple tends to set little traps to nudge you to upgrade your stuff :)

Stumpalump

Chief Petty Officer
Hi Stumpalump , can you give this another shot and let me know if you notice anything different? We just pushed a change that may rectify the issue
Same same. If I click on anything it gives no indication it was clicked. It eventually goes but that induces multiple clicks..
Also while typing this it says a problem has accrued and it refreshes automatically with your work lost. It's done that in the past. Real pain if I'm posting pics or links. I tried to preview first and it also just bogs out until I back out or refresh. The web is clogged this time of year so let's hope your fixes work out. Thanks for doing it!

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Hey iboats_tim , font looks much better, not getting as bad of a headache. if you need me to break stuff let me know. will be posting pics later tonight to see if that problem has been corrected. one more day this year with the multi-monitor/dual processor work station as I will be on vacation for a bit.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Hey iboats_tim , font looks much better, not getting as bad of a headache. if you need me to break stuff let me know. will be posting pics later tonight to see if that problem has been corrected. one more day this year with the multi-monitor/dual processor work station as I will be on vacation for a bit.

Scott - Stop volunteering to break stuff. These guys have enough on their plates, they look like all you can eat buffet customers. :lol:

Seriously, thanks and have a great vacation.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
GA, I have the gift (curse) to be able to find flaws in any IT system or program. a 1 in a million problem, I can repeat over and over again......

iboats_tim

User
Scott did warn me that he was really good about breaking stuff! But really, you're gonna get us kicked out of the buffet!

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Test post for speed cause I am curious and have nothing to say....Wow, kinda like the other forum I visit now. Good Job!